Any interest in a 6mm AR barrel group buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 454bore
    Warrior
    • Dec 2014

I think I read something a while back that precision firearms might make some 6mmAR barrels if there was enough interest.

Comment

• Huckleberry75
      Warrior
      • Jun 2018

Originally posted by hill37 View Post
      Columbia River uses the .125 bolt face don't they?
      From the looks of their web site, yes.

Comment

• Huckleberry75
        Warrior
        • Jun 2018

I spoke to Mark last week about a 6mm AR barrel (but not about a group buy), and he was very insightful and helpful. I left the conversation feeling much better informed about the 6mmAR, overall. He mentioned that he felt it a tremendously underrated cartridge and gave it a solid "thumbs up" on performance.

Comment

• PrecisionFirearms
          Warrior
          • Apr 2011

I will totally be interested in supporting this group buy. I already have the reamers in place. Are you folks thinking Button Rifled and more affordable or the best deal on a Bartlien Cut Rifled Barrel?

Mark Hostetter
          Precision Firearms
          Samurai Firearms
          "Precision - The Pinnacle of Perfection."

Comment

• PrecisionFirearms
            Warrior
            • Apr 2011

As for twist rate 1-8 for everything up to and including 100 grain. 105 should have 7.5. Over stabilization isn't so much of a problem except you can loose some velocity due to faster twist. Jacket separation is something that is very rare especially with the medium velocity of this cartridge. if you want a argument about twist rates and all that go google 224 Valkyrie LOL!

Comment

• Kswhitetails
              Chieftain
              • Oct 2016

I’d be all in on a PF group buy. Mark, what do you need for a minimum order, and what do you think the delivery timeline would look like?

Bartlein heavies, 20”, rifle length gas, threaded muzzles, and really good rotary polished extensions! - selfish requests
              105s are really attractive too. Stainless nitride.

$300-350 with a BFT group buy Monster bolt!

I’m getting excited here.
              Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• Popeye212
                Chieftain
                • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Kswhitetails View Post
                I’d be all in on a PF group buy. Mark, what do you need for a minimum order, and what do you think the delivery timeline would look like?

Bartlein heavies, 20”, rifle length gas, threaded muzzles, and really good rotary polished extensions! - selfish requests
                105s are really attractive too. Stainless nitride.

$300-350 with a BFT group buy Monster bolt!

I’m getting excited here.
                What he said ^

Comment

• LRRPF52
                  Super Moderator
                  • Sep 2014

I would be down for either a Criterion or Bartlein group buy.

I think Criterion will be the most successful option from a cost standpoint.

I would want them spec'd with the WOA Competition Barrel Extension as well:

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• LRRPF52
                    Super Moderator
                    • Sep 2014

Could we do a combo of Bartleins and Criterions?

Bartlein is competition-grade accuracy. The Bartlein-barreled 6.5 Grendels I've tested were shooting bugholes with such high round count through the hole, that I had to count how many cartridges I had fired from the empty slots in the box Mark sent me. Nobody would believe how many rounds that was, so I'll just say 8-9 with the 123gr SMK PF load.
                    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                      Chieftain
                      • Oct 2016

I'm in on the WOA extension!

What would price points be between the Bs and Cs?

What could we expect for performance from the 105's in the 20 inch 7.7-7.5 twist barrels? 2800? I'd sell my 18" 5.56 LaRue stealth cartridge, and the upper it's in to get into this one. I'd LOVE to put a 20" PF/LaRue Stealth 2.0 6 Grendel on the PRS range, and forget the bolt build for now.
                      Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• D.Davis
                        Warrior
                        • Sep 2013

I would be in with the WOA precision barrel extension too. Have one of their precision barrel extensions and really like their design. Dave.

Comment

• StoneHendge
                          Chieftain
                          • May 2016

StoneHendge would say go for it all with a Bartlein. Either a 7.5 twist medium contour 22" competition barrel, or a 1:10 twist 26" bull barrel that would be like sailing the USS Iowa off the coast of Dogtown........
                          Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• PrecisionFirearms
                            Warrior
                            • Apr 2011

I have WOA Extensions in stock
                            WE can do a combination.
                            Bartlien I cant do for the 300-350. My cost for blanks alone is very close to that with shipping. With a quantity of 20 I can do 495. These could be done in either 1-8 or 1-7.5.
                            For Criterion I can do 325 for group buy of 20 or more. These can only be done in one twist rate, probably 1.7.5

All with WOA Extensions

On a side note: I have several 6.5 Creedmoor barrels in stock ready to ship. Fluted 24 Bartlien, Threaded Cost $795.

Comment

• grayfox
                              Chieftain
                              • Jan 2017

I like '52's approach, would go for the Criterion and WOA they will shoot lots better than I do!! ... 8 or 7.5 is fine, 20" is enough for me b/c not really interested in longer than a rifle-length gas -- leery of timing etc. Guess I could do 22" if need be.
                              I don't particularly need the total bull barrel but a nice stiff diameter, medium .720 or so? .750 gas block.
                              Stainless not nitrided is perfectly fine, had some chamber scratching in another mfr, once bitten twice shy.

$325 would work for me.

Jeez you guys are killing my wallet!!!!!
                              "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                                Chieftain
                                • Oct 2016

Hey - can’t blame a guy for trying to get interest going!

Comment

Working...
                                X