• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

CLOSED MONSTER 20 Barrel $149 + $12 = $161

Gentlemen, Warriors, and Vile Unwashed Masses of the Grendel Horde, our MONSTER 20 barrels HAVE ARRIVED and the time to order is NOW.

Our MONSTER 20 is a fantastic hunting barrel — long enough to MAX OUT velocity while keeping the original 20" fighting length made famous in the jungles of Vietnam. Gives you max power in the hunting fields at a reasonable carry weight.

Our new and improved barrel profile starts out heavy at the chamber and tapers to a light profile at the muzzle, cleverly MINIMIZING the overall weight of the barrel by keeping steel where it is most needed and shaving it where it isn't. And with most of the weight at the chamber end near the receiver, this barrel helps keep the BALANCE of the weapon near its center, making it feel lighter than it is for improved handling. Finally, the thick "bull" chamber section is a SAFETY feature in the event of — God forbid! — an overcharge event, keeping the thickest steel nearest the shooter.

Barrel steel is 4150 CMV, black nitrided, with an M4-style extension. Rifling twist is 1:8 with our custom 5R-EE (Easy-Engraving reduced profile rifling for minimized bullet distortion) rifling profile. Muzzle threads are 5/8x24 and gas block journal is 0.750". Weight 2.4 lbs.

Chamber is official SAAMI, headspaced for a Mk136 (also known as Type II) bolt with a 0.136" boltface depth.

Cool Grendel Skull logo at muzzle! Show your Grendel Horde pride!

Same quality as a Faxon or Ballistic Advantage for a killer members-only price! (I know this because it was I who brought Faxon into the Grendel world.)

TO ORDER, simply send me an EMAIL with the subject line MONSTER 20 and include your screen name, name, shipping address, and contact email. PAYMENT total of $161 can be via PAYPAL, or by check or money order. If ordering more than one barrel in same shipment, add $2 shipping per each.

If ordering a Monster barrel and Monster bolt TOGETHER, you SAVE the cost of postage for the bolt.

Get yourself a MONSTER! There is no better barrel on the market with this long list of specifications for this PRICE. For $75 more, you can get one that's "just as good," but why? Can get a bolt group with the savings. It's the biggest NO-BRAINER in the history of the Grendel --- the Tier One AR Cartridge!
    Attached Files
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Contact info sent to email, PayPal sent for a 20 inch barrel sir.

Comment

• Thanatos370
      Unwashed
      • Aug 2018

I don't know whether to laugh or cry! I jumped on this forum to get advice on picking a Grendel barrel, and instead I joined AND bought a barrel (because really, I can't find one that's cheaper besides the obvious scrap metal). Y'all are killing me

Comment

• Kswhitetails
        Chieftain
        • Oct 2016

Welcome aboard, Thanatos. Sit down, and stay awhile, spend some money, and chew the Grendel fat.
        Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• Javman
          Warrior
          • Jan 2016

BFT,

PM sent

javman

Comment

• A5BLASTER
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2015

BFT, got my barrel today, passed the thump and dump ammo test with all factory rounds and handloads, barrel looks good and like the profile, threads are done awesome.

Will be built up into a complete rifle before dark today.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
              Administrator
              • Feb 2011

A5, awesome, can't wait for your report — and photos!
              :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2015

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
                A5, awesome, can't wait for your report — and photos!
                Pics are up nothing special really.

Took 3 rounds to hit the bull on a quick 100 yard sight in last evening in the back yard.

Comment

• grayfox
                  Chieftain
                  • Jan 2017

.... Those pics are no-seeum...
                  "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                    Chieftain
                    • Oct 2016

Hopefully the pic works. Just finished my 20 inch GB build. Joebobs nonrecriprcating side charging upper PF m16 profile bcg JP bolt and titanium fireing pin Seekins 15 inch sp3rv3 keymod handguard PA m4-72 sever duty brake GM gb barrel Anderson lower Anderson lower parts SSA-E trigger JP gen 1 scs A2 stock
                    Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• grayfox
                      Chieftain
                      • Jan 2017

pics of the rifle, roger... I thought he had pics of the targets...
                      "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by grayfox View Post
                        pics of the rifle, roger... I thought he had pics of the targets...
                        No as I only fired enough rounds to get it hitting close.

Didn't post it here cause I didn't want to add all kinds of unneeded post to this thread, like I'm doing now lol.

Check the thread I started on the rifle for updates on sight in and groups.

Comment

• MutuallyAssured(MAD)
                          Bloodstained
                          • May 2018

BFT, I'm taking the plunge for a 20 inch freedom stick. I'll send you and email & PayPal payment shortly.

Comment

• rasp65
                            Warrior
                            • Mar 2011

I sent my info and Paypal payment to you. Time for a new barrel.

Comment

• Javman
                              Warrior
                              • Jan 2016

Received the 20” today. Looking into the chamber the double radius rifling is very noticeable. Can’t wait to start the build.

Comment

Working...
                              X