Lilja 10.5" / 12.5" / 16" Barrels (option for complete upper, round 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rebby
    Warrior
    • Mar 2017

Lilja 10.5" / 12.5" / 16" Barrels (option for complete upper, round 2)

After much delay*, I'm thrilled to announce a continued partnership between Six Sigma Arms, LLC and Lilja Precision Rifle Barrels to keep the phenomenal Lilja Grendel barrels on the market in their ultra-rare short configurations. Six Sigma Arms, LLC is my 07 FFL and we've been working with the Grendel in some manner since our inception nearly 15 years ago and brought a great deal of these Lilja barrels to you last summer. The results have been nothing short of amazing so let's do it again!

These barrels are being offered in 3 lengths; 10.5", 12.5", and 16"*. All lengths are based on the classic 11.5" offering (in the attached drawing) and have a profile that is essentially 0.725" for the length of the entire barrel with a 0.750" gas block (please see the attached profile drawing for specifics). Barrels will be threaded 5/8-24. There will not be an option for re-profiling and/or fluting of the barrel directly from Lilja (I can help with recommendations to have this done after the fact if desired).

The 10.5" option should make obtaining sub-26" OAL builds much easier. The 12.5" is easily the most popular pistol/SBR Grendel length. The 16" option is perfect for a non-SBR.

Any/all machine work is performed in-house by Lilja (including chambering, extension install, threading, etc). Barrels are chambered using SAMMI specs. These barrels are threaded for and furnished with a pinned barrel extension installed with proper headspace. The gas port hole is drilled and these are finished off with an 11' target crown. A narrow flat on the bottom side of the gas port section is milled for set screws used with some types of gas blocks. This prevents marring of the diameter by the set screws and helps align the gas block with the gas port hole. All barrels use an M4 style barrel extension and are ready to drop in to your selected upper. As with all Lilja barrels, these have 3-groove rifling and a 1-8" twist*. All barrels less than 16" utilize a 0.073" gas port and a carbine length gas system (7"), the 16" barrel has a mid-length gas system (9"). Barrel markings will be under the hand guards on the shorter 2 options and in front of the gas block on the 16" model. Markings will read, "Lilja 6.5G 1-8 Six Sigma" ("Lilja" will be in their customary script font).

Exact barrel weights might vary a touch but here is what a random sampling came out to;
    • 10.5 - 1lb 3oz
    • 12.5 - 1lb 6oz
    • 16 - 1lb 11oz

Finish from Lilja is polished stainless steel, finish ground to 320 grit. Optionally, I can Cerakote these prior to final delivery for an additional $75 in a number of colors (black, desert, FDE, tactical grey, etc). Cerakote will add a few weeks to delivery time.

I'll also be offering options for various accessories at a reduced cost as well to help people complete their builds (uppers, lower components, muzzle devices, optics, etc). I can get essentially anything you could want, some discounts are better than others (due to MAP restrictions we may need to "package" accessories). A complete, ready to go, upper built to your exact specifications is also an option (lowers are also available). The end goal here is to supply you with exactly what you need, nothing more, nothing less. It's time to put my 07 FFL and associated discounts to work for the horde.

The lead time on these will vary based on demand for obvious reasons. Production time is expected to run up to 12 weeks. The goal is to have chips flying sometime in early April. Expected delivery to me around early/mid July? The time table on the last group buy slipped mainly due to popularity so this one will be LIMITED in quantity. Good things come to those who wait and this is certainly another example where patience will pay off.

Cost is $395 per barrel regardless of length. Shipping is included.

I can add a bolt (0.136") to your barrel as well, this time around the options include;
    • Headspaced Maxim Bolt (from Lilja) - $85
    • Toolcraft BCG Nitride, Auto Carrier, Headspaced Maxim Bolt (from Lilja) - $140
    • Monster Bolt (checked for headspace) - $55
    • Toolcraft BCG Nitride, Auto Carrier, Monster Bolt (checked for headspace) - $110
    • Toolcraft BCG Nitride, Auto Carrier, Toolcraft Bolt (checked for headspace) - $120

As noted above, complete custom uppers are an option as well. The sky is the limit on complete uppers (or complete guns), so please contact me and we'll work out the details.

At this moment these are being offered in a "pre-sale" and we expect a pretty good response. To guarantee your barrel, payment is due in full. Any barrels remaining after the pre-sale will be sold according to MAP policies. Refunds will be considered on a case by case basis. I can accept payment in a number of ways however, due to the reduced pricing being offered (especially considering increases in shipping costs), any applicable fees need to be paid by the buyer. I will work with potential buyers on payment options for barrel and/or barrel+accessory combos. Please contact me via IM to lock in the specifics of your order and arrange for payment.

All updates on the status of this project will be reflected in this thread as they are available. I'll be sure to add a new post as well as update this one (if possible). I've done my best to include all pertinent information here but please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Current quantities are as follows (I will keep this updated as barrels sell);
    • 10.5" - Remaining:0
    • 12.5" - Remaining:0
    • 16" - Remaining:0

Thank you all! Next batch due in March.

PDF of general profile - 11_5.pdf

Here are a couple of targets from one of the previous barrels. I've seen even better ones from customers at longer distances. These are both 5 shot groups at @ 100y (if memory serves). One target was used during my sight in process (you can see the "patches" on this target). Pistol was built with a Aero Precision upper (barrel was bedded/tuned), Toolcraft BCG, Matrix Arms rail, VP6 Gamma, all sitting on a Six Sigma Lower w/a LaRue MBT-2S, and Shockwave Blade. Groups were shot by your's truly, prone, using a rear bag, Magpul bipod, and 3-20x50 Schmidt & Bender PMII in a Geiselle mount.

Lilja Sight In - 5 shot group 800.png

Lilja - 5 shot group 800.png

NFA Disclaimer - Once a barrel shorter than 16" is assembled into a complete firearm, it becomes a regulated item by the National Firearms Act (NFA), unless it assembled into a pistol or a muzzle device that brings the total length to at least 16" is pinned/welded in place. Please check with your local and state municipalities for any further regulatory requirements as this varies by state. It is the buyer's responsibility to make sure they comply with all NFA regulations, and state/federal laws. I can do my best to provide guidance however, IANAL (and I don?t play one on TV) so please make sure that you are following all applicable laws/regulations.

A quick note about barrel lengths; the measurements noted above (10.5", 12.5", 14.5", & 16") are measured from the muzzle to a closed bolt (standard ATF measurement). The overall length of the barrel will measure approximately 1/2" longer.

* - Delays were partially due to issues with 1-7" twist (addressed briefly below) but primarily due to a family medical situation that I'm going through. My son had his 11th cardiac catherization and 9th open heart surgery last fall. Surgery was a phenomenal success however there were multiple complications including renal failure, medivac from Stanford University to Mayo Clinic, PRES accompanied with a code event and reintubation, hyperkalemia, emergency surgery, Coronavirus (the other one), influenza B, and a number of other events. Blake was in and out of ICU from late October to early/mid February. At the moment Blake is doing well but a kidney transplant is looking more and more imminent. More information can be found on Blake's CaringBridge.

* - After much deliberation we're sticking with 1-8" twist. The 1-7" button proved to be problematic in 0.264 and keeps breaking. It's a long story but, in the end, it's best if we stick with 1-8".

* - If you're interested in another configuration/length/caliber/etc from Lilja, just let me know. We're a full line Lilja dealer and can get anything in their catalog for you and likely save you a little money in the process.
    Last edited by rebby; 12-18-2020, 10:50 PM. Reason: Updated numbers (12/18/20)
  • MasterChief
    Unwashed
    • May 2019

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Comment

• HoodRich
      Unwashed
      • Mar 2020

Message sent

Comment

• skyrep
        Unwashed
        • Jan 2017

Message sent

Comment

• Ganchos
          Unwashed
          • Dec 2018

What are the weights of each barrel?

Comment

• FLshooter
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2019

Comment

• Shiftyk5
              Bloodstained
              • Jun 2019

Comment

• rebby
                Warrior
                • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Ganchos View Post
                What are the weights of each barrel?
                Exact barrel weights might vary a touch but here is what a random sampling came out to;
                • 10.5 - 1lb 3oz
                • 12.5 - 1lb 6oz
                • 16 - 1lb 11oz

Great question that I should have addressed from the start so I added it to the first post as well.

The Lilja AR740 is 19.5" bolt face to crown, 20" OAL. Another option would be the Lilja AR24 (my personal favorite). I can't get to $395 on either of those one but I can save you a little off MSRP. Contact me via IM if you're interested in either of these.

It's all good. Sent you an IM.

Comment

• Redomen
                  Warrior
                  • Jun 2016

Comment

• Silverjay
                    Bloodstained
                    • Jul 2017

Message sent.

Comment

• Wethepeople
                      Warrior
                      • Jan 2020

Oh yeah, message sent.

Comment

• balew6254
                        Unwashed
                        • Mar 2019

Rebby,
                        PM sent for 12.5"

Comment

• Jkruger
                          Bloodstained
                          • Mar 2019

rebby,I'm interested in a price on the AR 24 barrel.
                          Could you pm me regarding this?

Comment

• rebby
                            Warrior
                            • Mar 2017

Things are moving along quite well. All messages replied to and quantities updated in the first post.

Comment

• Hickory Nut
                              Bloodstained
                              • Mar 2020

I sent you a PM to get in on this I would like to have a 16" $395 with the Toolcraft BCG Nitride, Auto Carrier, Headspaced Maxim Bolt (from Lilja) - $140. Is this GB still Open?

Comment

Working...
                              X