• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rebby
    Warrior
    • Mar 2017

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
    Dang I was hoping for a 12 inch. Back to shoping around.
    How soon do you want/need a 12.5"? Give me a call (612.412.1448), I might be able to take care of you.
    -Curt

Comment

• Silverjay
      Bloodstained
      • Jul 2017

I like their 3 groove barrels. I have one in 300 WM and one in 6.5 Creedmoor. Both shoot excellent and are faster than Quickload/literature would suggest.

Comment

• grayfox
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2017

"Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• A5BLASTER
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by rebby View Post
          How soon do you want/need a 12.5"? Give me a call (612.412.1448), I might be able to take care of you.
          -Curt
          Not in a rush really. But was hoping it would be a option as a group buy on this fourm.

I'm picky who I do business with.

Comment

• Silverjay
            Bloodstained
            • Jul 2017

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
            5 o'clock position seems perrty undergassed.

Would you happen to have a lowmass bcg you could drop in and try and see what it does to the ejection pattern?
            With a Right to Bear low mass carrier ejection moved to 3:30-4:00.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Silverjay View Post
              With a Right to Bear low mass carrier ejection moved to 3:30-4:00.
              Thank you.

So it appears BA is making their 6mm ARC barrels with a small gas port as well as they do their 6.5 grendel barrels.

Comment

• Bigfamdad
                Unwashed
                • Jun 2020

Hi, I'm knew to this site/thread. Carson from lilja directed me here because I'm interested in getting one of their 6mm arc barrels. Not sure how this all works. Never done a group buy like this. But I am wanting one. I have their 6.5 grendel in the 20" ar740 and love it. It is one of my best shooters. So I would like to get that configuration if possible. Probably either the 1-7.5 or 1-8 twist rate. Whichever is recommended for the heavier bullets. Thanks

Comment

• Bigfamdad
                  Unwashed
                  • Jun 2020

As mentioned I'm new to all of this. How does the group buy work? Was i added to the list of people wanting a barrels? Does lilja collect the money or does it go to someone else and when is it needed? How do I collect my barrel? What kind of time frame are we looking at? Thanks for any input.

Comment

• grayfox
                    Chieftain
                    • Jan 2017

This is a group buy thread. The member "Rebby" is currently running it, he's got the contacts with Lilja and is an actual vendor, so when he adds in the details on signing up for a barrel, you can jump in. For now all we've been doing is discussing, plus indicating that we're interested. Glad to see you joining in. I'm sure you won't be forgotten in this evolving deal... I would kind of keep an eye on the thread however.

Comment

• grayfox
                      Chieftain
                      • Jan 2017

As of now, the first deal looks like a combo of the 2 barrels, all 3-groove, 1:7 twist, and 6mm ARC Lilja.
                      The 740, 20" threaded 5/8-24 SS barrel, this one is rifle length gas.
                      and the AR-24 24" barrel, threaded 5/8-24 SS, I forget the gas length for this one.

I believe he's planning a second round with perhaps 12.5" and 16" lengths after this one.

Comment

• Silverjay
                        Bloodstained
                        • Jul 2017

Originally posted by rebby View Post
                        Just a quick update here. Carson and I were finally able to go over some recommendations from Hornady on the gas system and are nailing down the final details today. We're going to open up the number of barrels on the initial run due to the number of inquiries that we've received but it will still be extremely limited, I'm thinking a run of 20 at the most (a mix of AR24 and AR740).
                        Last edited by Silverjay; 06-18-2020, 05:03 PM.

Comment

• rebby
                          Warrior
                          • Mar 2017

Originally posted by grayfox View Post
                          As of now, the first deal looks like a combo of the 2 barrels, all 3-groove, 1:7 twist, and 6mm ARC Lilja.
                          The 740, 20" threaded 5/8-24 SS barrel, this one is rifle length gas.
                          and the AR-24 24" barrel, threaded 5/8-24 SS, I forget the gas length for this one.

I believe he's planning a second round with perhaps 12.5" and 16" lengths after this one.
                          greyfox nailed it! I may have divulged a few secrets to him the other day though.

Alright... so here are the full details (I'll also update the first post).

These barrels are being offered in 2 profiles/lengths; AR24/23" & AR740/20"*. All lengths are based on the classic Grendel offerings (please follow the link for profile details). Barrels will be threaded 5/8-24. There will not be an option for re-profiling and/or fluting of the barrel directly from Lilja (I can help with recommendations to have this done after the fact if desired).

Any/all machine work is performed in-house by Lilja (including chambering, extension install, threading, etc). Barrels are chambered using SAMMI specs. These barrels are threaded for and furnished with a pinned barrel extension installed with proper headspace. The gas port hole is drilled and these are finished off with an 11' target crown. A narrow flat on the bottom side of the gas port section is milled for set screws used with some types of gas blocks. This prevents marring of the diameter by the set screws and helps align the gas block with the gas port hole. All barrels use an M4 style barrel extension and are ready to drop in to your selected upper. As with all Lilja barrels, these have 3-groove rifling and a 1-7" twist*. All barrels will utilize a rifle length gas system (12"). Barrel markings will be in front of the gas block. Markings will read, "Lilja 6ARC 1-7 Six Sigma" ("Lilja" will be in their customary script font).

Finish from Lilja is polished stainless steel, finish ground to 320 grit. Optionally, I can Cerakote these prior to final delivery for an additional $TBD ($95?) in a number of colors (black, desert, FDE, tactical grey, etc). Cerakote will add a few weeks to delivery time.

I'll also be offering options for various accessories at a reduced cost as well to help people complete their builds (uppers, lower components, muzzle devices, optics, etc). I can get essentially anything you could want, some discounts are better than others (due to MAP restrictions we may need to "package" accessories). A complete, ready to go, upper built to your exact specifications is also an option (lowers are also available). The end goal here is to supply you with exactly what you need, nothing more, nothing less. It's time to put my 07 FFL and associated discounts to work for the horde.

The lead time on these will vary due to the fallout from C19. Production time is expected to run up to 12 weeks (hopefully faster). We will be running these with the 12.5"/16" Grendels that are in production. These will be LIMITED in quantity. The initial thought is to run ~15 in total so don't hesitate. If you want one, it's best to get in sooner rather than later. Good things come to those who wait and this is certainly another example where patience will pay off.

Cost is $495 per barrel regardless of profile/length. Shipping is included.

I can add a bolt (0.136") to your barrel as well, this time around the options include;
                          • Headspaced Maxim Bolt (from Lilja) - $85
                          • Toolcraft BCG Nitride, Auto Carrier, Headspaced Maxim Bolt (from Lilja) - $140
                          • Toolcraft BCG Nitride, Auto Carrier, Toolcraft Bolt (checked for headspace) - $120

As noted above, complete custom uppers are an option as well. The sky is the limit on complete uppers (or complete guns), so please contact me and we'll work out the details.

At this moment these are being offered in a "pre-sale" and we expect a pretty good response. To guarantee your barrel, payment is due in full. Any barrels remaining after the pre-sale will be sold according to MAP policies. Refunds will be considered on a case by case basis. I can accept payment in a number of ways however, due to the reduced pricing being offered (especially considering increases in shipping costs), any applicable fees need to be paid by the buyer. I will work with potential buyers on payment options for barrel and/or barrel+accessory combos. Please contact me via IM to lock in the specifics of your order and arrange for payment.

All updates on the status of this project will be reflected in this thread as they are available. I'll be sure to add a new post as well as update this one (if possible). I've done my best to include all pertinent information here but please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Current quantities are as follows (I will keep this updated as barrels sell);
                          • Remaining: SEE FIRST POST

* - I don't anticipate an issue but that I should disclose a family medical situation that I'm going through. My son had his 11th cardiac catherization and 9th open heart surgery last fall. Surgery was a phenomenal success however there were multiple complications including renal failure, medivac from Stanford University to Mayo Clinic, PRES accompanied with a code event and reintubation, hyperkalemia, emergency surgery, Coronavirus (the other one), influenza B, and a number of other events. Blake was in and out of ICU from late October to early/mid February. At the moment Blake is doing well but a kidney transplant will be required, hopefully sometime yet this year (we're researching facilities/options). More information can be found on Blake's CaringBridge.

* - Yes, you read that correctly, these will be 1-7".

* - If you're interested in another configuration/length/caliber/etc from Lilja, just let me know. We're a full line Lilja dealer and can get anything in their catalog for you and likely save you a little money in the process.

Comment

• grayfox
                            Chieftain
                            • Jan 2017

PM sent. In for the first 740.

Comment

• grayfox
                              Chieftain
                              • Jan 2017

And praying for your son and you guys. We had a grandtr in some extreme medical stuff a few yrs ago.

Comment

• Silverjay
                                Bloodstained
                                • Jul 2017

Comment

Working...
                                X