Lilja Barrel Group Buy Cerakote Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilja Barrel Group Buy Cerakote Update

I just wanted to update those who were having their Lilja barrels Cerakoted.

We just re-located, so we're buried in boxes and chaos, however I do know where the barrels are, even if I can't find my clothes.

Anyway, once I get set-up for being able to coat these, I'll be back in gear. I know many of you have been patiently waiting, as have I, and we just want our barrels done.

I have contacted some of you by phone or responded by email, so this is for those who are wondering what the heck is going on. Our house sold much faster than we could have ever imagined (3 days), and the barrels arrived right around that time.

Thanks for your patience. I'm shooting for a completion date for them all within the next 3 weeks. Again, I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing anyone. Please PM me if this is unacceptable to your schedule.
  • explorecaves

Congrats on the new digs

Comment

• tallhorse89

So are you moving to NYC or cali. Lol

Comment

Update: Have been working on getting a workbench and work room put together all week (new place didn't have jack squat for that). Should be able to get back into action soon. I was planning on being done sooner, but we know the rest of the story.

560lb table top being prepped for descending the stairs:

A few hours later, lifting it up in the man cave:

Legs installed, vice mounted, making sure she's level:

Last edited by Guest; 03-20-2014, 07:58 PM.

Comment

One of my presses will go here on the angled end of the counter top:

Just so everyone knows what's going on here on my end. Sorry again for the delay.
          Last edited by Guest; 02-27-2014, 11:55 PM.

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
            Warrior
            • Oct 2012

I hope you don't accidentally bump it and damage your lovely table! Googlie Mooglies! That is more a slab off an apc than a table top bub.

Comment

It's 1 & 1/16" thick steel table, surplus I think from an Army depot. APC's usually are aluminum. Each leg is steel with its own adjustable foot, and each weighs 45lbs. The workbench table literally has its own gravitational field...it wants to be back in the center of the earth where it belongs. We had to build railroad tracks basically to get it into and through the house.

Comment

• NugginFutz
                Chieftain
                • Aug 2013

Well, so much for my guess at 4" Butcher Block clad in steel. I've never seen any bench made from 1" steel, before. Lord help you, if that ever slips and you're within a country mile.
                If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

Will be anchored to the wall and the counter top. If you pull on it, it pulls you standing free. Table and counter height are 45 1/2" tall, perfect for me to just rest my elbows and forearms on the surface. I'm really looking forward to having this done.

Comment

• NugginFutz
                    Chieftain
                    • Aug 2013

LOL - well, as they say, "If it's worth doing, it's worth over doing!"
                    If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Drifter
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

That's gonna be one helluva setup!
                      Drifter

Comment

Thanks. It's basically a reloading and workbench area I have been dreaming about for years now, with a "U" shaped arrangement so I don't have to do a lot of side-step, and can just rotate to get at what I need to. With the 3 main counter space areas, I will have the aircraft carrier to do hard work, pounding, vice work, and larger tool operations, another space for assembly, layout, clean space, and the other totally dedicated to reloading.

As I go along, I plan to install cabinetry to accommodate storage of bins and components, with lazy susan cabinets in the corners both top and bottom. I'm going to paint the peg board white, install the framework behind it with lumber, then mount the cabinets later.

Comment

• Adam Lilja
                          Warrior
                          • Dec 2013

Looks like you're running out of room Boss

Comment

The height of the bench is deceiving to the eye when looking at the room size. That's a 45 1/2" high table top. Room is 98" wide, and very deep. We're going to pull the electrical outlets above the bench, go to 4 plug outlets, and then do the peg board. It's been raining here all day yesterday, so no transport of the peg boards for painting before install. I want the peg boards white for best lighting.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X