Chieftain
    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by am4966 View Post
    I Hope so, then we need two more barrels
    Sorry man but we need 4 more barrels.

Barrel Count
    Ordered: 16
    Goal: 30 - Need: 20
    "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• am4966
      Chieftain
      • Jul 2014

Originally posted by cory View Post
      Sorry man but we need 4 more barrels.
      Well I guess I'll get some more parts and hopefully in Jan we'll reach the 20 mark if not then. I'm sure at tax return time.
      12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
      Surge - Rugged Suppressor
      Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• cjgemm
        Bloodstained
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by cory View Post
        Unfortunately Lilja is not a custom shop. We'd need at least 5 barrels of that type. You'd want to talk to Mark at PF for a custom barrel.

Why a 12.5" mid Length?
        cause its what I currently have and it works. Also puts my gas selector knob where I can adjust it.

Comment

• cory
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2012

You have a 12.5" Mid Length Grendel? Who made the barrel? Just curious.

Comment

• cjgemm
            Bloodstained
            • Sep 2014

Not sure on barrel make. Bought it off AR15.com in 2010 as an 18" barrel. Was my first Grendel. Sent it to ADCO to get choped and threaded to 12.5" on a whim as I had a Custom Bartlien 18" Barrel on order. It came with an AA bolt and was fluted behind the GB with a fairly heavy profile.

Last edited by cjgemm; 12-04-2014, 01:51 AM.

Comment

• cory
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2012

Alright gents, I've got another barrel sold if we can give him a solid date on placing the order in the near future. If we can get 3 more barrels ordered we can get this order in at the first of January.

Comment

• Slappy
                Warrior
                • Feb 2014

So to save me time running on these pages?? What is the bottom line? what is the barrel length, who is making them and what is the price?? what does it come with? Thanks BANG BANG!!

Comment

• cory
                  Chieftain
                  • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Slappy View Post
                  So to save me time running on these pages?? What is the bottom line? what is the barrel length, who is making them and what is the price?? what does it come with? Thanks BANG BANG!!
                  All important information is located in the first page of the thread.

Comment

• Slappy
                    Warrior
                    • Feb 2014

I see three different barrel lengths, can you order anyone of the 3 and then a few pages up there are two the 11.5 and 12.5. I think.

Comment

• cory
                      Chieftain
                      • Jun 2012

Yes you can order a 12.5", 11.5" or 10.5" barrel length. However, the order will only be submitted for 2 different barrel lengths in this group buy. In the order sheet I've set up. You'll specify a first choice and a second choice for barrel length.

I'm keeping score of how many of each barrel is ordered. The 2 most popular barrel lengths will be ordered. If you've ordered the unpopular length you'll get your second choice.

All that being said, right now the 12.5" and 11.5" lengths have a drastic lead over the 10.5" length.

Comment

• am4966
                        Chieftain
                        • Jul 2014

Originally posted by cjgemm View Post
                        Not sure on barrel make. Bought it off AR15.com in 2010 as an 18" barrel. Was my first Grendel. Sent it to ADCO to get choped and threaded to 12.5" on a whim as I had a Custom Bartlien 18" Barrel on order. It came with an AA bolt and was fluted behind the GB with a fairly heavy profile.

So what Silencer are you running and how do you like it?
                        Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• cory
                          Chieftain
                          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Slappy View Post
                          I see three different barrel lengths, can you order anyone of the 3 and then a few pages up there are two the 11.5 and 12.5. I think.
                          Hey man anymore questions, just shoot.

Comment

• cjgemm
                            Bloodstained
                            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by am4966 View Post
                            So what Silencer are you running and how do you like it?
                            I like it a lot, its an SWR Omega 30. Rated up to 300WM. SilencerCo now owns SWR and the Omega series is no longer offered.

Comment

• 6.5 Jerry
                              Unwashed
                              • Jul 2012

Hello , hope you all have a very Merry Christmas. It would be very Merry if we all got a new Grendel SBR barrel! I have been talking it up to my local gun shop and all the other Grendel owners I know. What is the latest count?
                              I have everything else ready to go. I was in a local shop (Radical Firearms http://www.radicalfirearms.com ) this morning, they showed me their muzzle break Radical Firearms 30 cal SpitFire Muzzle Brake. I think it will work great, it moves the blast downrange.
                              Let's talk this up, I am ready to build a new Grendel for me. I built 2, 18" for Christmas presents, for my son and son in law.
                              Almost forgot, I killed a Gold Metal Fallow deer, on open range land, about 2 weeks ago. The Grendel and 123gn SSTs worked just fine.

Comment

• am4966
                                Chieftain
                                • Jul 2014

We are at 18-19 barrels so we need 1 or two more sold. But Cory will know for sure

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

Working...
                                X