X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sneaky one
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Why has the interest waned ? Some feedback from the horde would be cool. It will be a shooter! I'm thinking of Gifting these units fo Xmas presents .. These units will have less friction on the bullet- like a BHW tube., I own 1 of those... And I like it - ALOT! Perfect short range unit. May increase speeds! I like speeds.

Price point is good too.

If too slow, the Grendel Max is next,,,,, Yet a whole new dimension to reloading is involved.

Get a barrel while you can, hide it in a safe. Match a bolt to it. Wait for the politics to settle down.

A few of us can sandblast, and Cerakote them for you. Do it now, Billary is on the witch hunt. Think, Think, Think, time is going south gents, & ladies.

No gain for me, or barely John on these units- we want to keep the Grendel Alive- in case of a demo intrusion...

Do as you can , to get a bbl. No jokes this time around gang . The FIGHT IS ON !!!!

I'm an actual factual kind of Guy. This is what's happening Today. Deal With It ! Get a bbl., at a decent price.
    Last edited by sneaky one; 03-11-2016, 12:31 AM.

Comment

• biodsl
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2011

I'm not sure why there wasn't more interest to begin with. As a hunting or fighting barrel the specs are great: minimum NFA length, light but strong at the chamber, SAAMI chambering, tough-as-nails nitride finish and a price that can't be beat. I'm baffled we're not anywhere near 50 barrels yet.
      Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• A5BLASTER
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2015

I really want to get in on this buy but I got my hands full with doing up two 20 inch rifles. If work was better and extra cash was laying around it would be possible, that could be the most driving reason not many members have got on board this group buy times have just got to hard.

Comment

• 2_speed
          Bloodstained
          • Nov 2011

I'm thinking you would see very little velocity difference between one of these & a 20" standard barrel loaded at similar pressures. That's the experience I have with another poly barrel. This should be the best of both worlds.
          Tom

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
            Administrator
            • Feb 2011

I'm quite selfish in these 6.5 Grendel products I develop, both this barrel specification and my Cerberus bullets. I want to have the most kick-ass gun around so I think it through and design what I think is coolest ("coolest" in terms of getting the job done with a little style, besides, not just "coolest" in terms of looking different). If other guys find it cool — and they should cuz it is! — so much the better. I will laugh at the anemic "capability" of all other intermediate cartridges in this class!

Anyway, what that means is I'm gonna do these barrels one way or another. If we can't get a minimum order via group buy, I'll figure out how to privately fund it. Just may take a bit longer!

Having said that, I will need to think through whether there is truly no interest in this design, or whether guys just can't get over having to wait and not being able to conveniently buy something already done and on the shelf. Which is it?
            :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• BigStickSmoker
              Bloodstained
              • Apr 2015

BFT

Some time ago, I planned on getting a second order in. Long story short....if just didn't get it done.

I also like the design and look forward to this barrel, even though I have a different style on order.

Put me down for for ONE more. I was the second in line, what does this make me now?

Thanks for the persistence!

Tax refunds should be arriving any day now I would guess? LOL Like I haven't gotten a tax refund since the first year both our girls were in college.

Comment

• jim_bob
                Warrior
                • Jul 2014

I'm in for 1 barrel. Due to previous posts, I'm going to hold my check. BFT, if you'd rather me send my form and check in, please let me know.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                  Administrator
                  • Feb 2011

Bss = 17/50

jb = 18/50
                  :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

Comment

• Jtmbtech
                    Bloodstained
                    • Jan 2016

I think it for me is a combination of not knowing when it's coming or what the results will be. I think it looks like a good design and I am still wavering on the line of getting one just for a shorter build.

Comment

• wraith1516
                      Warrior
                      • Dec 2014

For me it the WAITING not knowing when or if the order will go in and sitting here looking at a pile of parts and waiting on a bbl that may never come.sorry but im more of an instant gratification type iwant it and I want it now

Comment

• sneaky one
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2011

Classic millennium dude. TV has been bad for u. order 2 , get guilt from future wifey, as to why u have 2 Grrrs in house. Planning is cool! Do it while u can. Go !

Billary is in the wings,

I want it Now, or I'll throw a tantrum ! Dang it !
                        Last edited by sneaky one; 03-16-2016, 12:22 AM.

Comment

• montana
                          Chieftain
                          • Jun 2011

Originally posted by sneaky one View Post
                          Classic millennium dude. TV has been bad for u. order 2 , get guilt from future wifey, as to why u have 2 Grrrs in house. Planning is cool! Do it while u can. Go !

Billary is in the wings,

I want it Now, or I'll throw a tantrum ! Dang it !
                          Spot on Sneaky. Let's go guys, you wont regret it. I'm getting my new gun room built just so I can build my Faxon 6.5 Grendel.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                            Administrator
                            • Feb 2011

email me

Comment

• koden
                              Bloodstained
                              • Sep 2014

I'll have to pass in that case. There is no reason to wait when AA is offering a 16" stainless fluted for under $200 already.

I would support your modified design but having a manufacturer require 50 units pre-sold by customers to get them on the map with a product that is not unique and which they can then add to their product list just doesn't sit well with me. There is no reason to take sales away from Alexander arms for a cheap 16" barrel. I'd rather give my money to the man that developed the round in this instance.

Comment

• 2_speed
                                Bloodstained
                                • Nov 2011

Is the 5R a similar "almost polygonal" cut like the 3R is intended to be?
                                I really like the idea of minimal disruption of the bullet. I've had great results with a couple of poly barrels.

Comment

Working...
                                X