• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grayfox
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2017

Poll for Warrior's Get together - choose from 4 venues

NRA Whittington Center, Raton NM (in the 4-corners area)
    0%
    Badlands Tactical, Grandfield OK.
    0%
    Fouled Bore Precision, Ninnekah, OK.
    0%
    Conway Lead distributors, KS
    0%

The poll is expired.

"Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"
  • NugginFutz
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

Here are the links to the different venue’s pages.

The NRA Whittington Center is unlike any place on earth. More than 33,300 acres and 25 ranges are devoted to shooting for any kind of discipline. Plus, we offer exceptional guided and unguided hunts, expert firearms training, lodging, cabins and camping, youth programs, a museum, a Pro Shop, and much more.

Badlands Tactical Training Facility, located in Grandfield, OK, primary mission is to provide practical, professional and effective training and security services to all clients.

STC Weapons Division- Licensed 07/02, Augusta, Kansas. 5,177 likes · 864 were here. FFL Dealer/ Gun Store in Conway Springs
    If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• brian y
      Warrior
      • Dec 2016

So am i understanding this right?, If you are not a warrior or above it is not open to you?.
      NRA Endowment Member, GOA Life Member, FPC Member, VDL Member

Comment

• NugginFutz
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2013

The rationale is explained in the previous thread. If you reply to this post, it becomes a moot point for you.
        If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• brian y
          Warrior
          • Dec 2016

Originally posted by NugginFutz View Post
          The rationale is explained in the previous thread. If you reply to this post, it becomes a moot point for you.
          I see what mean lol
          NRA Endowment Member, GOA Life Member, FPC Member, VDL Member

Comment

• grayfox
            Chieftain
            • Jan 2017

The NRAWC is running 5-0 against the other places...
            C'mon guys get your votes in!
            The WC does their booking via a contract so we'll need to know how many are in, in order to work that out with them.

Grendel Warriors Lead the way!!!!! (chiefs welcome too, always need a few of those guys)

Comment

• bj139
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2017

How is the experience flying with a Grendel?

Comment

• grayfox
                Chieftain
                • Jan 2017

I haven't done it... they don't have wings!!! lol, and their air speed, well....
                Seriously I plan to drive out. I'm not a fan of airlines unless there's no other way.
                It ought to be, stress OUGHT, to be, the same as any other declared firearm, secured and locked in an airline-approved hard-shell container. (I have even put the bolt separately into my suitcase so it can't be fired just by taking the rifle out... but that was a few yrs ago.)
                I have heard that there is a weight limit on ammo, maybe 10-11 lbs? Check with the airline of choice and they have written policies on this which are probably even on line.
                IIRC they in the past have been more worried about handguns than rifles.
                As a separate piece of your "luggage", it will cost a few $$ over ticket price.

Edit: I might also add that you probably ought to check on any hubs/connection points, if that city or that state has laws on ARs or even on bigger mags, this could be a problem for you if anything happens and you have to stay over b/c of a schedule or flight snafu. I've read where that happened to some folks who had to stay over in NJ for example, when they had a flight mixup/delay etc... and they got arrested.
                Chicago, NY, NJ, even Denver and maybe some other hubs... just need to check and be prepared for any contingencies. My extra $0.02.
                Last edited by grayfox; 05-11-2018, 06:04 PM.

Comment

• NugginFutz
                  Chieftain
                  • Aug 2013

My advice is to get a separate TSA approved hard case for your weapon(s). When you declare at check-in you meet any federal requirements for transporting. If you decide to bring your SBR, make certain you have your stamp ready to present on demand. Ammo, as was mentioned, needs to be declared and checked separately.

My p-dog hunting buddies go through this every spring when they fly home to North Dakota.

No great shakes.

Comment

• bj139
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2017

SBR at 1000 yards? I was thinking of a 24" Overwatch only.

Comment

• NugginFutz
                      Chieftain
                      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by bj139 View Post
                      SBR at 1000 yards? I was thinking of a 24" Overwatch only.
                      You would only go for the 1000 yard range at one of the country’s most diverse shooting venues? Silhouette steel at 50, 100, 200, 300, etc. if I had such a toy, it would certainly be something I’d consider taking on a road trip!

Comment

• grayfox
                        Chieftain
                        • Jan 2017

Go to this thread for info on the Grendel Warriors Shoot, Oct 10-11, 2018:
                        http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...-at-the-NRA-WC!!

Post your replies in that thread.
                        "Well, the polls are closed and it's pretty clear (9-0) that everyone wants the NRA WC in Raton, NM. So I've been in contact with them, and they have an opening we can use the week of Oct. 8th, 2018. They might not be open on Weekends that time of year according to their chef... so I'm proposing the following setup:

Summary of what I need from you now:
                        1. Head count on who's going. You can bring along spouse/friends etc of course, extra chow will be your costs.
                        2. Lodging prefs
                        3. Comments on the proposed program agenda.
                        4. Fees: Range fees ($15/day/shooter), maybe an entry fee (nominal esp if we reserve a classroom), food (pay to the WC), lodging (pay to the WC). IF you're a member of the WC (not just the NRA) then your range fees will be IAW your membership.

Dates: 2 days, Oct 10-11. We will book and use the High Power Silhouette Range (range 24C if I'm not mistaken). I think I can the range probably closed to everyone else so we'd have it to ourselves. I'm setting the start so that I can get there a day or 2 early and make sure everything is good to go."

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...-at-the-NRA-WC!!

Comment

Working...
                        X