X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

Am at it with tech support again: "We are currently experiencing longer than usual wait times." I think it's time for every single company in the world to retire that lame excuse. How about honestly admitting: "We're too cheap to hire the proper number of customer service reps"?
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• MrDraco
      Warrior
      • Jul 2011

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
      How about honestly admitting: "We're too cheap to hire the proper number of customer service reps"?
      Or could be "We're too cheap to pay a decent amount so no one wants to work for us"

Could be either case these days.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
        Administrator
        • Feb 2011

It's working for me now and I hope for you guys, also. I'm not getting the same error message and I can confirm the little padlock icon is up on the right edge of the URL window.

For you techies out there, here's what tech support said: "Thank you for contacting support. I'm Nagaveni looking into case #S-1415 regarding the SSL installation issue. I understand how important it is to get your website up and running and I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. We are currently experiencing higher than-normal ticket queues and we are diligently working towards getting back to our normal wait time. Case details show that SSL is not installed properly for your domain name 65grendel.com. I have reviewed the SSL status and I'm able to replicate the issue. While moving further, I reviewed the DNS records of the domain and confirmed that it is pointing to us. Rest assured, I have deleted the expired SSL certificate and re-installed the AutoSSL, and fixed the issue!"

If it ain't one thing, it's another!
        :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

Comment

• sundowner
          Chieftain
          • Nov 2017

Yup john it' back up .

Comment

• grayfox
            Chieftain
            • Jan 2017

Thanks BFT, working like normal now.
            "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Old Bob
              Warrior
              • Oct 2019

How about that! I can now log on the forum with my VPN turned on. Never noticed before the "s" in https part of the site's address had been missing.
              I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

• biodsl
                Chieftain
                • Aug 2011

It's good to be back!
                Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• lazyengineer
                  Chieftain
                  • Feb 2019

Am at it with tech support again: "We are currently experiencing longer than usual wait times." I think it's time for every single company in the world to retire that lame excuse. How about honestly admitting: "We're too cheap to hire the proper number of customer service reps"?
                  That's my reaction now when I hear that.
                  4x P100

Comment

• lazyengineer
                    Chieftain
                    • Feb 2019

It's working for me now and I hope for you guys, also. I'm not getting the same error message and I can confirm the little padlock icon is up on the right edge of the URL window.

For you techies out there, here's what tech support said: "Thank you for contacting support. I'm Nagaveni looking into case #S-1415 regarding the SSL installation issue. I understand how important it is to get your website up and running and I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. We are currently experiencing higher than-normal ticket queues and we are diligently working towards getting back to our normal wait time. Case details show that SSL is not installed properly for your domain name 65grendel.com. I have reviewed the SSL status and I'm able to replicate the issue. While moving further, I reviewed the DNS records of the domain and confirmed that it is pointing to us. Rest assured, I have deleted the expired SSL certificate and re-installed the AutoSSL, and fixed the issue!"

If it ain't one thing, it's another!

Was their reply written by ChatGPT?
                    4x P100

Comment

• grayfox
                      Chieftain
                      • Jan 2017

At the risk of tempting economics, is it time to think about hosting it over here "on shore" with American tech support...
                      "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                        Administrator
                        • Feb 2011

Comment

• Bigs28
                          Chieftain
                          • Feb 2016

I've never heard of American tech support.

Comment

• Csitt
                            Bloodstained
                            • Sep 2021

Woo Hoo! Back on.

Chuck S.

Comment

• JASmith
                              Chieftain
                              • Sep 2014

John,

Thanks for making the return happen!

I followed my browser's lead to look at the certificate -- It did not seem right in the sense I could recognize either the source or the name, so I waited.

Back on line and my browser is happy!

Great work!
                              shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
                              -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• kmon
                                Chieftain
                                • Feb 2015

Glad it is working again, Thanks John

Originally posted by Bigs28 View Post
                                I've never heard of American tech support.
                                I worked Telecom Tech support from Richardson, Texas for years. Got laid off in 2012 from that, tech support from India is bad but try supporting a cellular phone company in India from Texas. Communication was a pain. One call was for their switch overheating, I ask how long it had been since the filter was changed. Ask him about the last time the filter was changed, he said Filter? Directed him to the location in the cabinet for the filter. He said ok found it. Ask what color it is and he said black. Now that was a white filter about like a Central AC filter. 3 years and they still had all the spares from when it was installed in the cabinet.

Supporting them communication I think was just as bad or worse.

Comment

Working...
                                X