X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sinclair
    Warrior
    • Feb 2018

Having worked at a variety of jobs from bagging groceries to walking plates three stories up, I can say that there are women that can work beside men; however, that is not a universal situation as most of the women that I worked with were too emotional to make realtime rational decisions. Life is hard and sometimes we have to make hard choices and when that involves a crisis out on a work site or a battle field, there is no place for emotions, you have to do what you have to do to deescalate the crisis. Besides, like another poster said, we have a Supreme Court Judge that does not know what/who is a woman, so where does that leave us!
    Last edited by Sinclair; 04-14-2023, 02:09 PM.
    "A Patriot must always be ready to defend his Country against his government"
    Edward Abbey

"Stay out of trouble, Never give up, Never give in, Watch you're six, Hold the line, Stay Frosty."
    Dr. Sabastian Gorka, Hungarian by birth, American Patriot by Beliefs.

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
      Chieftain
      • Sep 2013

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
      Wouldn't surprise me if there were female Viet Cong shooting at us, but that might be a myth.
      According to Carlos Hathcock, yep. This is one combatant with whom he dealt...
      The female Viet Cong sniper and interrogator, known as “Apache,” enjoyed torturing 5th Regiment, 1st Marine Division US Marines and South Vietnamese troops and letting them bleed to dea…

Also see...
      Fifty years on, the history of the women who defeated a superpower, while celebrated in Vietnam, remains largely unrecognized and undocumented in our history of the war.
      Kill a hog. Save the planet.
      My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• JASmith
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
        According to Carlos Hathcock, yep. This is one combatant with whom he dealt...
        The female Viet Cong sniper and interrogator, known as “Apache,” enjoyed torturing 5th Regiment, 1st Marine Division US Marines and South Vietnamese troops and letting them bleed to dea…

Also see...
        https://historynewsnetwork.org/article/181623
        I read White Feather about thirty years ago while helping a colleague build a case for an idea he had for improving second-shot hit probability.

That lady was badass and really hated white men. It is said that she engaged in rather sadistic toprture and murder of captives. I saw an account suggesting that several of her family members were brutally murdered by French soldiers and was seeking vengeance.

The Wikipedia article partially discounts that narrative, however https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache..._Cong_soldier). The rationale sounds more like a PC apologists' fantasy.
        shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
        -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• Popeye212
          Chieftain
          • Jan 2018

I am a retired firefighter my sister is a feminist. She brought up the subject about how I feel about women as firefighters. I answered with this "you are in a room in the back of a house on fire. You are wearing 75lbs of gear your husband (6'2" 210lbs) is with you also with 75lbs of gear on. The ceiling collapses knocks him out. Do you think you can get him out of there?" Conversation ended there.

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
            Chieftain
            • Sep 2013

Originally posted by JASmith View Post
            The Wikipedia article partially discounts that narrative, however https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache..._Cong_soldier). The rationale sounds more like a PC apologists' fantasy.
            I did not mention the wiki article with the counter claims. I researched the guy and he isn't a psychologist, but a sociologist with apparent Freudian issues himself, LOL. He considered Jane Fonda's time with the VC as being that of a "peace traveler."
            From Aristophanes' Lysistrata to the notorious Mata Hari and the legendary Tokyo Rose, stories of female betrayal during wartime have recurred throughout human history. The myth of Hanoi Jane, Jerry Lembcke argues, is simply the latest variation on this enduring theme. Like most of the iconic femmes fatales who came before, it is based on a real person, Jane Fonda. And also like its predecessors, it combines traces of fact with heavy doses of fiction to create a potent symbol of feminine perfidy?part erotic warrior-woman Barbarella, part savvy antiwar activist, and part powerful entrepreneur. Hanoi Jane, the book, deconstructs Hanoi Jane, the myth, to locate its origins in the need of Americans to explain defeat in Vietnam through fantasies of home-front betrayal and the emasculation of the national will-to-war. Lembcke shows that the expression "Hanoi Jane" did not reach the eyes and ears of most Americans until five or six years after the end of the war in Vietnam. By then, anxieties about America's declining global status and deteriorating economy were fueling a populist reaction that pointed to the loss of the war as the taproot of those problems. Blaming the antiwar movement for undermining the military's resolve, many found in the imaginary Hanoi Jane the personification of their stab-in-the- back theories. Ground zero of the myth was the city of Hanoi itself, which Jane Fonda had visited as a peace activist in July 1972. Rumors surrounding Fonda's visits with U.S. POWs and radio broadcasts to troops combined to conjure allegations of treason that had cost American lives. That such tales were more imagined than real did not prevent them from insinuating themselves into public memory, where they have continued to infect American politics and culture. Hanoi Jane is a book about the making of Hanoi Jane by those who saw a formidable threat in the Jane Fonda who supported soldiers and veterans opposed to the war they fought, in the postcolonial struggle of the Vietnamese people to make their own future, and in the movements of women everywhere for gender equality.

He writes a lot on Vietnam, but he seems very anti-Vietnam war. Hanoi Jane was a myth. Returning veterans being spat upon was a myth. Yaddy Yaddy Yaddy. He is a wacko.
            Kill a hog. Save the planet.
            My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• grayfox
              Chieftain
              • Jan 2017

Good to know. I still remember hanoi janie.
              marxist. period.
              "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Sinclair
                Warrior
                • Feb 2018

Originally posted by cory View Post
                To your initial point of Mother's being assets, there's an idea I've been working on and it goes like this. Societies need three things and only three things to survive. All else is nice to have at best. Societies must have Mothers, Warriors, and Fathers (in that order of importance) or it will not survive. Many things bring great values to a society, but it will not survives without these 3 pillars.

The point being that I agree that our society drastically under values the importance of Mothers. The only thing more important than the warriors are the Mothers.

IIRC at one point during the Indian wars the bulk of the Crow warriors were away from their camps for reasons that escape me at this time. A raiding party of either Souix or Cheyene sweep across the Crow territory killing many women and children. The Crow Nation was never as strong as it had been and had to turn to the White people to survive.. Moral, a society needs women to bear and raise its children. Warriors are next, followed by Fathers and Grandfathers. In the prehistory past, when 45 was OLD, the absence of Grandfathers and Grandmothers was a serious issue due to the lack of someone to pass down the cultures knowledge to the young. Mothers and Fathers were too busy providing food, shelter, and protection.
                Last edited by Sinclair; 04-16-2023, 12:17 AM.
                "A Patriot must always be ready to defend his Country against his government"
                Edward Abbey

"Stay out of trouble, Never give up, Never give in, Watch you're six, Hold the line, Stay Frosty."
                Dr. Sabastian Gorka, Hungarian by birth, American Patriot by Beliefs.

Comment

• JASmith
                  Chieftain
                  • Sep 2014

+1 Well said!
                  shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
                  -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• empTshell
                    Bloodstained
                    • Sep 2018

I was an 11B in the 82nd Airborne. So I speak form my experience that I had on my deployments. Women do not belong in combat arms. We had women truck drivers and cooks in my Battalion. Because us men were not allowed to search females in Iraq or Afghanistan, we would have to have one of the female drivers or cooks attached with us. All but one was worth anything. The others just complained the whole time and struggled with having to wear their IBA for long periods of time. I got use to sleeping with mine on. They also become a distraction. Sleeping around with soldiers and all the flirting had guys not paying attention. And I would not trust any of the ones we had to pull me out of harms way if something had happened. There are plenty of jobs in the military they can do for the ones that want to serve. And as a father of 2 girls now, I definitely do not want my girls to have to serve in a combat arms role if they ever decide to join.

Comment

Working...
                    X