NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Zeneffect
      Chieftain
      • May 2020

Getting to know your neighbors and supporting each other is more powerful than any specific tools and product-based solutions.
      Knowing my neighbors is the reason I need to gtfo. None have any real world experience dealing with anything worse than a bird took a dump on their car. I don't have the ammo, energy, or motivation to do anything for them in times of need, ill be long gone. The only thing they could contribute is to absorb munitions so there are less aimed at those willing to survive. These are the same kind of people who call their pets "fur babies" and act as if those flea bags have more rights than children.

Then there is the multitude of f*credit up laws. Buy body armor? Some stupid red flag law can get tripped and loss of firearms rights instantly, no due process, no court, nothing. West coast is asking for a take over, the dmz will be the sierras.
      Last edited by Zeneffect; 10-14-2023, 12:35 AM.

Comment

• Klem
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2013

Lemon,

40gn Nosler ballistic Silvertips for high velocity in short barrels, and least likely shoot throughs. The good old 55VMax and 55 Blitzkings are great all-rounders.I've shot through car doors with them and they all penetrate.

Western militaries are restrained by the 1899 Hague convention and modern ratifications (here the ICC has deemed using expanding bullets a 'war crime' - the US is not signatory to the Rome Statute/ICC but you are still careful with the Hague convention. E.g., the M262 designed and called an 'Open tip', being a very small hollow point). Anyway, what the military uses with their restrictions does not concern us. Civilians are not restrained by expanding bullets so that would be my first choice, even if they were wearing body armor, sweat bands and riding paragliders.

Comment

• dammitman
          Warrior
          • Dec 2012

an accurately aimed and targeted one,,,,,

Comment

• SDW
            Warrior
            • Jul 2018

Like the old saying goes, "Quantity has a quality all its own."

I'm no battle tested ex-warrior, far from it, but I think any bullet that fires out of any kind of AR15 is good enough. Just have LOTS of them at the ready. Of course, this assumes the bad guys are running around in the open, more or less. Once they start hiding behind sturdy walls or vehicles, that might change the equation. Might be Grendel time, vs. just 5.56-anything. Just speculating though.

Comment

• SDW
              Warrior
              • Jul 2018

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
              How many of you have your go-to blasters zeroed?
              You make a lot of good points. I especially paid attention to these two for some reason. I'm not a young man but I've always been physically fit, done a lot of bike riding and surfing (good for upper body and balance) in the last 20 years. Just within the last couple of years I realized I should also be able to run if needed. You just never know. Might save one's own life. So I added running to my almost daily exercise breaks during the Covid years Not great distances, since I'm north of 60 YO now. But I can at least bust out into a sprint if needed and maintain intervals of a few hundred years to half a mile before having to slow it down to a fast walk for a half minute or so.

On zeroed weapons, I don't get out to shoot mine as often as I'd like, but whenever I do acquire or add on a new optic to a rifle, I always at least bore-sight or laser-sight it in the backyard ASAP. I only have about 40-50 feet to work with but that's enough to get the windage close to centered, and get the elevation acceptably close for HD... and to hit paper at 50 yds---for when I get it out to the desert for a proper sight in. I've done with the backup irons on all my uppers as well. Same with lever guns.

And BTW, I do live within 30 minutes (freeway) of our southern border, which is becoming pretty bad nowadays.

Comment

• KAR
                Unwashed
                • Jul 2023

I found this to be helpful. Thank you.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                  Super Moderator
                  • Sep 2014

Active shooter situation in Lewiston, Maine right now.

Initial reports from LE behind the scenes indicate 17 dead and 35+ wounded.
                  NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• jasper2408
                    Warrior
                    • Jan 2019

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                    Active shooter situation in Lewiston, Maine right now.

Initial reports from LE behind the scenes indicate 17 dead and 35+ wounded.
                    Well they found the shooter in Maine. Had 2 self inflicted gunshots to the head. Guess this means he was a friend of Hillary's.

Comment

• SDW
                      Warrior
                      • Jul 2018

Talking about these "mass shooters", I saw this Matt Walsh video yesterday. Interesting theory.

Comment

Working...
                      X