Chris Kyle dead.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill, Thanks for your kind words. I feel the same way about you. For those who haven't met Bill, he's about the nicest guy you'll meet, and would give you the shirt off his back.

wheelguner, thanks for sharing that video as well. When I was a kid, one of my recruiters told me that you will never look at the Flag again the same way after serving in the military, especially if you go to war. I actually had some excellent recruiters who were up-front with me about everything. All were Gulf War vets, and the one who had me sign my papers was a Grenada, Panama, Desert Storm vet with the 82nd each time.

As I work with boys in the Scouting Program, I try to convey the utmost respect and reverence for our Nation's Flag, and the freedom, blood and Union it represents. I teach them how to display, fold, hoist, and retrieve the Colors after my experience handling flags over the actual caskets of veterans in Arlington National Cemetery on live funerals, day after day. I hate drill and ceremonies, but funerals are one exception where they are totally appropriate.

Comment

• Grendel-Gene

Originally posted by JASmith View Post
      "Nut Job" is an interesting description for those of us who either have suffered or are suffering from PTSD.

If this guy really has the disorder, he deserves our sympathy too.

The main thing is find ways to identify and treat. Then isolate those for whom the treatment doesn't seem to work.

If a guy who suddenly snaps and shoots two people ( supposedly friends who are obviously going out of their way to help him ) isn't a "nut job" ( PTSD OR NOT ).... then I am not sure what else to call him!!!!

AND YES, I understand that war is hell and that it can really mess you up... But shooting these two great men and driving off with their pickup truck didn't fix anything... Did it?

So I have to believe that this guy sitting in the Stephenville jail is smart enough to know that he has really fucked up at some level... Which means that what he did, was by definition, insane; Thus my use of the term "Nut job" was in fact my being somewhat charitable.
      Last edited by Guest; 02-10-2013, 02:57 PM.

Comment

• LongRanger

My theory on why the American Sniper was killed is a bit more sinister. My first thought when I saw the picture of the shooter with the full beard and sideburns was Muslim. It would be interesting to find out if the shooter converted to Islam when he was over in the middle east. If so, this may have actually been a hit to get even for all of the infidel haters that Chris killed over there as a sniper. If the shooter is Muslim, don't expect that to be reported on the news.

Comment

• Grendel-Gene

LongRanger.....While i am sure that there are many conspiracies out there, I dont think that EVERYTHING that happens has to have one behind it. some people just decide not to shave for a while.... especially if they are depressed. So I don't think Al'Qaeda is behind this one!!! Lets get a grip; not every psycho is a muslim, beard or not!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Grendel-Gene View Post
            LongRanger.....While i am sure that there are many conspiracies out there, I dont think that EVERYTHING that happens has to have one behind it. some people just decide not to shave for a while.... especially if they are depressed. So I don't think Al'Qaeda is behind this one!!! Lets get a grip; not every psycho is a muslim, beard or not!!!!!
            +1

Comment

• bwaites
              • Mar 2011

I'm reviving this post in hopes of stimulating the purchase of 2 books: American Sniper, written by Chris Kyle with Jim DeFelice tells Chris Kyles story as the most successful US sniper. All proceeds from the book go to charities that support wounded veterans.

The second book is American Gun: A History of the US in Ten Firearms. This book, recently released, was completed by his wife and co-author William Doyle after his death.

While American Sniper has language that is probably not appropriate for the young or sensitive, (but is very typical of my experience around military men), American Gun is a GREAT read for all. Its fast, and the guns covered are excellent choices. These proceeds will help support his wife and children. After reading it, I consider it one of the books that are "must haves" for any gunnie library.

Enjoy!

Comment

• TheOTHERmaninblack
                Warrior
                • Apr 2011

Just went over and bought the Kindle version of American Sniper.

Comment

• sneaky one
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

Good call Bill.
                  Off to the store we go-perfect cause.

Comment

• cory
                    Chieftain
                    • Jun 2012

One of the first thing I did after Chris Kyle passed was go and buy his book. I chose to support his family during that time as a patron. Unfortunately I haven't had time to read it, not yet anyways.
                    "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• babaganoush
                      Warrior
                      • Jan 2013

I am not surprised, but I am sorely disappointed in that douche, Jesse Ventura. Apparently, he is continuing his lawsuit against Chris Kyle, with his wife as a substitute defendant.

"A Ventura attorney had argued Taya Kyle should be substituted as a defendant because Chris Kyle's estate will continue to profit from book sales and a recent movie deal, and Ventura has a right to protect his reputation." (Fox News)

Protect his Reputation? In my opinion, he has just cemented it in the most derogatory sense.

According to the StarTribute of Minneapolis, a Magistrate Judge has named Taya Kyle as replacement defendant, which allows this lawsuit to go forward.

I'd like to urge the horde to boycott "Scruff Face", as Chris Kyle had referred to him in his book, but Ventura is already such a has-been, I wouldn't know what to suggest.
                      "A problem thoroughly understood is always fairly simple. Found your opinions on facts, not prejudices. We know too many things that are not true."

Charles F. Kettering

Comment

I've been reading this book this week. It's an interesting glimps into the spec ops world. Written like you're having a series of casual conversations on "what it was like" put into chronological order. It's definitely worth buying and reading. I'm sure the proceds will help his family.

Comment

Working...
                        X