• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BjornF16
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2011

How many rounds for the coaching?
    LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
    Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

• bwaites
      • Mar 2011

Of course it depends on shooter/spotter coordination and rapidity of fire based on that. The first year I went, I took my two sons, who were 19 and 21 at the time. We went through 600 rounds in the two days.

To be safe, I tell people to expect 100-200 rounds per shooter, per day. Most actually shoot 50-100, but having too much is always better than not enough! Weather plays a big role. If its windy (and it can be really windy!) then you will shoot more ammo, because hits are harder.

It also depends on your shooting at the boomers that we shoot at the end of the day. Everyone gets 3 boomers, but some people have a hard time hitting the 4 inch boomers at 375 yards, and after the shooters have had 15-20 minutes, we open it up and you can poach. One year I hit my 3 boomers in 4 shots, waited until time was up, and went poaching. I had 9 consecutive hits, but by then it was getting harder to see and hit the targets left, so I probably shot another 25 rounds, I got some hits, but nothing like those first 13 shots! My total for the day, if I had been in the clinic would probably have been in the 130 range, maybe even a bit more.

Of course, I've never come close to getting 12 targets with 13 shots since!
      Last edited by bwaites; 02-16-2013, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X