X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heywood
    Warrior
    • Aug 2013

I know some may think this is just about a piece of land he can't squat on any longer. People do not know this is the common practice of almost all family ranches in the west and is the only way they can exist. The sad thing is, most Americans believe and feel the same. They don't realize this is more than a way of life, this is more than a way of existing, this is their families past, the future way of life for their children, it is their legacy, and their heritage. As a man with no past to be proud of and no strong roots, I envy what this family has. It is a sad day when this can be allowed to happen.
    quis posuit in mea ocreis bologna!

Comment

This guy is very adept at describing these situations in their true light. The entire video is actually worth watching.

Comment

• cory
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2012

An interesting reporting.

"Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• usmc1371
          Warrior
          • Aug 2011

I have read that there were 50 other ranches using the same land. What happened to them to get them off of the land? History repeats itself. The same thing happened in Argentina in the early 1900s.

Comment

• bwaites
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by usmc1371 View Post
            I have read that there were 50 other ranches using the same land. What happened to them to get them off of the land? History repeats itself. The same thing happened in Argentina in the early 1900s.
            A very good point! Most people don't realize it, but prior to Peron, Argentina was rapidly turning into a world power. They had the second largest railway system, (after the US) and their economy was larger than all but a small handful of countries. They held the worlds 6th largest gold reserve, etc. But Peron changed that, and if you spend some time reading you'll find a lot of parallels!

Comment

• montana
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2011

This is just another collective "communist" land grab tactic. My property is on the Clark Fork river which has been in my family for over 54 years. The state stole some of my property in the 1990's. Any land below high water level was taken and determined state property even though it is on my deed and I was paying property tax's on it. They never payed me or any other land owners a cent. Then they tried to get a stream side set back of 150 yards where river front property owners couldn't build structures, limb trees or do any basic land maintenance like mow our own lawns. It would be dead land that I would have the privilege of paying property taxes on. They threw me out of the commissioners meeting when I conveyed my dis like of their proposed land theft. They had virtual riots in other towns. Thank God for the Republican state majority because every democrat voted for it when it failed to pass. The Mt state Supreme court ruled the theft of river side land on property deeds was unconstitutional and is still pending. These collective tactic's are happening all over this country every day.

Comment

• BjornF16
                Chieftain
                • Jun 2011

Reprieve (for now) in Nevada!

A Nevada cattle rancher appears to have won his week-long battle with the federal government over a controversial cattle roundup that had led to the arrest of several protesters.

BTW...I'm VERY disturbed about reports of former Special Forces snipers being contracted by BLM in this stand-off. Surely we haven't created a whole new crop of Horiuchi's...
                Last edited by BjornF16; 04-12-2014, 05:52 PM.
                LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
                Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

• haustinv
                  Bloodstained
                  • Aug 2013

I think you will be interested in this link http://www.infowars.com/breaking-sen...of-bundy-ranch I'm sorry I don't know how to make it active but if you copy and paste I think it will be worth your while.

Comment

When hundreds, if not well over a thousand people show up to prevent the BLM from continuing the theft of the rancher's cattle, and they are armed, it speaks pretty loudly. It also helped that the NV Governor expressed his distaste for the BLM's abuses in this matter, and that the issue gained national attention.

It all boils down to water rights that the Bundy's have had since the 1870's. Water rights are huge out here in the West for obvious reasons. We have them in our family and the County they are in has been trying to screw the family out of the rights for decades.

Comment

• montana
                      Chieftain
                      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
                      A very good point! Most people don't realize it, but prior to Peron, Argentina was rapidly turning into a world power. They had the second largest railway system, (after the US) and their economy was larger than all but a small handful of countries. They held the worlds 6th largest gold reserve, etc. But Peron changed that, and if you spend some time reading you'll find a lot of parallels!
                      This I did not know, thanks for the info. I'll look into it.

Comment

• usmc1371
                        Warrior
                        • Aug 2011

My wife worked with a man that had land taken by the feds under eminent domain to get access to the national Forest.

Comment

• montana
                          Chieftain
                          • Jun 2011

With eminent domain they have to pay the land owner for their property, now they just declare stream side set back ,close grazing areas and water rights under a false pretexts such as the endangered species act, or riparian protection areas with out compensating the businesses or the land owner for their financial losses. We all want to protect our land and water from abuse but they are using illegal and over reaching laws to basically steal our property, lively hoods and constitutional rights. They will scream about how the Bundys have cost the government 3 million dollars with lost grazing fees yet they wont blink an eye when the Obama,s spend 80 million to take the family on a vacation. It is really getting out of control.

Comment

• montana
                            Chieftain
                            • Jun 2011

"Up Date",GOOD NEWS: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...anch-land.html

Comment

• Slappy
                              Warrior
                              • Feb 2014

Chalk one up to the good guys. With things like they are we might see more of this. BANG BANG!!

Comment

• txgunner00
                                Chieftain
                                • Mar 2011

Patriots rising up against tyranny prevail! I hope it's a sign of more to come. This is far from over.
                                NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

Working...
                                X