X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PrecisionFirearms
    Warrior
    • Apr 2011

I may also have a option to get blanks from Lothar Walther.

My thought is to create a barrel for the hunter, occasional shooter that is looking for sub MOA but at a affordable price. If we can get Lothar Blanks we can create a .5 moa barrel for about 450.00 or so WITH BOLT.

Speaking to BHW, but it seems like they prefer to sell barrel complete and not as blanks. Still awaiting word on blanks.

PACNOR blanks are almost as expensive as Bartlein.
    "Precision - The Pinnacle of Perfection."

Comment

• PrecisionFirearms
      Warrior
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Buster View Post
      Mark,
      One thing you might want to take in consideration is the demographics factor for coming out with a less expensive barrel.
      I'm an OFWG (50+) and my shooting buddies are at least 10 years older than me that love their bolt guns. Our "clique" shoots mainly off a bench at 100 - 200 yards and are looking for one hole results. I feel fortunate that these older guys have embraced me as "the black rifle dude with the Grendel" and they have read and studied the 6.5G cartridge and embrace it, but they are disappointed that there are no bolt guns/barrels for it.
      We are getting older by the day and need all the help we can get for shooting tight groups. We know that one-hole groups comes from a quality barrel and are willing to spend the money to achieve it.
      A "drop-in", 6.5G, SS barrel that would fit a Remington or Savage action would do well within the circle of friends I shoot with.

I am certain there is a niche for inexpensive 6.5G barrels, but it's not for the circle of my shooting friends.

From my OFWG perspective, whoever comes out with an affordable, accurate 6.5G bolt gun will win in my circle of my friends.

We would be glad to rebarrel bolt guns, but we have a hard time getting mags and followers to work with these. I will have to look at maybe making the followers. We have done some Remington 700's. But feeding as been an issue.

We do have plans to come out with our own bolt action actions. They will use AI mags that can modified to work with Grendel. Probably in about 4-5 months.

Comment

• ricsmall
        Warrior
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by PrecisionFirearms View Post
        We would be glad to rebarrel bolt guns, but we have a hard time getting mags and followers to work with these. I will have to look at maybe making the followers. We have done some Remington 700's. But feeding as been an issue.

We do have plans to come out with our own bolt action actions. They will use AI mags that can modified to work with Grendel. Probably in about 4-5 months.
        Mark, what kind of price point are you thinking on the bolt gun actions? Just curious as I'm looking to build my son a Grendel bolt gun and by the time I buy a bolt, modify mag or get ptg 700/ar mag bottom metal, I'm in with alot of time on mods, then I'm restricted to saami length on coal, so I may be interested.

Thanks
        Richard
        Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• am4966
          Chieftain
          • Jul 2014

Been thinking of some barrel blanks that might give the accuracy and price cut. From the higher end battle you offer. I'm not sure if they will be a less expensive option.

X-Caliber Barrels supposed to be on par with Shilen
          Schneider Barrels Poly
          Douglas Barrels
          Broughton 5C I think they are price, I've always wanted one of there barrels
          12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
          Surge - Rugged Suppressor
          Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• tplace
            Bloodstained
            • Aug 2014

Originally posted by PrecisionFirearms View Post
            I may also have a option to get blanks from Lothar Walther.

My thought is to create a barrel for the hunter, occasional shooter that is looking for sub MOA but at a affordable price. If we can get Lothar Blanks we can create a .5 moa barrel for about 450.00 or so WITH BOLT. .
            I'd be down for a Lothar Walther barrel, more so than a BHW.

Comment

• tackdriver
              Warrior
              • Feb 2013

Had 3 bhw barrels, all shot sub moa and the easiest I have ever had to clean. Would a Lothar Walther be higher quality than Shilen?

Comment

• jurassic
                Warrior
                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by tplace View Post
                I'd be down for a Lothar Walther barrel, more so than a BHW.
                Same here.

Comment

• Rugerfan.64
                  Warrior
                  • May 2014

When I pull the trigger on my barrel, it's gonna be a BHW 20"

Comment

• bwaites
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by tackdriver View Post
                    Had 3 bhw barrels, all shot sub moa and the easiest I have ever had to clean. Would a Lothar Walther be higher quality than Shilen?
                    No.

Comment

• PrecisionFirearms
                      Warrior
                      • Apr 2011

No but they will out last a Shilen and are couple hundred less. We have used hundreds of Lothar barrels and have very very few complaints on them. 98% will shoot under .7 with factory ammo. Shilens will shoot under .5 but Shilens are soft steel and typically shoot out (over 1 moa) at around 4-5000 rounds in a 5.56. I have seen Lothars still grouping under 1 inch with over 10,000 down the pipe.

Comment

• NugginFutz
                        Chieftain
                        • Aug 2013

>Bump<

Interested in hearing what may yet come of this...
                        If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Jakal
                          Warrior
                          • May 2014

Subscribed; Following this thread
                          ""Come taste my Shillelagh you goat-eatin bastard!""

Comment

• PrecisionFirearms
                            Warrior
                            • Apr 2011

We just received 20 blanks from BHW. They are can be either 18 or 16 inch barrels. Medium Hbar. .750 Gas Block, .825 Behind gas block, .725 in front. Can be fluted.

Send payment to Lothar today for 20 Blanks. They should be in within 2 weeks.

Mark Hostetter

Comment

• NugginFutz
                              Chieftain
                              • Aug 2013

Stellar news! When are you taking orders?
                              If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• am4966
                                Chieftain
                                • Jul 2014

Well I know where I'm getting my 18" barrel for my SPR build after the SBR is done!
                                12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
                                Surge - Rugged Suppressor
                                Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

Working...
                                X