Wolf Steel Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just saw an ad for Wolf Steel Case 6.5 Grendel in a gun rag at the store, full page. It was some new spectactical magazine I haven't seen before, with 19th SFG guys running in the snow in Yakima, WA. I think the cover dude had the Mk18/SOPMOD Block II 10.25" CQBR blaster.

Comment

• Originally posted by bwaites View Post
      Barnaul doesn't build the Wolf Gold line, thats PRVI Partisan, so I doubt we'll see changes.

IIRC, Prvi Partizan in Kragujevac, Serbia (former Yugoslavian Rep.) has never produced steel cased ammo in any real quantities...they
      only produce their ammo with brass cases at ISO 9001 International standards...Ironically, the brass Grendel ammo is among the
      softest grade brass that they use. I think it is because they produce the Grendel in such large quanities that they use the softer
      grade brass as a cost saver...

The other calibers they produce generally use a harder grade brass...go figure, the Serbs can be a real wierd bunch...

I wanted to get a factory tour last time I was there, but did not get a chance to, Oh well maybe nextime.

Comment

• TheOTHERmaninblack
        Warrior
        • Apr 2011

Monthly update?

Comment

• stanc
          Banned
          • Apr 2011

Update? You want an update???

Let me refer you to my post of 15 months ago:
          Originally posted by stanc View Post
          But the real question is not in which quarter it'll be available...

...it's which year?

Comment

• longdayjake

You won't see any until long after the rush on .223 and 7.62 has slowed to a crawl. Probably a year or more.

Comment

• hellcat370

I call them about once a month, reply went from 2nd quarter to 3rd quarter. God only knows when it will actually happen. But at least they've proceeded to loading test ammo, better than only having it on paper.

Comment

• Perhaps Mr Alexander will be kind enough to share the wealth on his shipment of them. 1 bullet each! Something we can hold to prove it exists...

Comment

• hellcat370

"A bottle? Make it case Scrooge!!" Col. Hannibal Smith

Comment

• Originally posted by mseric View Post
                    Here is a link for you guys that buy this stuff. You may need it.
                    http://www.galatiinternational.com/product/MDP325.html
                    Item has been discontinued.

Comment

• Pancho Villa

As someone who has done project management before, I remember the golden rule of being the boss:

Take any estimate of how long something will take that someone tells you, double it, add a buffer of extra time, and cross your GD fingers.

I am not annoyed or disappointed because I did this when I heard all the rumblings in 2011, but if I were to (gently) give unsolicited advice it would be for people with an inside track to AA and who release info of this type to keep the golden rule of project management in mind. It looks unprofessional and makes people mad when you are inevitably wrong about the delivery date.
                      Last edited by Guest; 05-16-2013, 08:21 PM.

Comment

• bwaites
                        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Pancho Villa View Post
                        As someone who has done project management before, I remember the golden rule of being the boss:

Take any estimate of how long something will take that someone tells you, double it, add a buffer of extra time, and cross your GD fingers.

I am not annoyed or disappointed because I did this when I heard all the rumblings in 2011, but if I were to (gently) give unsolicited advice it would be for people with an inside track to AA and who release info of this type to keep the golden rule of project management in mind. It looks unprofessional and makes people mad when you are inevitably wrong about the delivery date.
                        People ask, all we can do is pass along the information given by Wolf. Its not an AA problem, or really a Wolf problem, its a Russia problem. Your rule above applies, but in quadruplicate to the Russians!

Comment

• The problem, ( and thats what most of this thread is about) is with the hoard. It's WE CANT GET THE AMMO!

Comment

• bwaites
                            • Mar 2011

Well, the Russians will be visiting AA next week, and ammo will probably be rolling off the assembly line late this year. That means, if there is no embargo, we'll see ammo early in the new year, hopefully. Lots longer coming than expected, but hopefully it will be a torrent once it does, instead of the trickle we see now! This is a completely different experience than the first time around with the original Wolf.

Comment

• Dogue
                              Warrior
                              • Mar 2011

I hate this thread because everytime there is an update it is 6+ months longer out than the last update.

Honestly, I'm could care less either way about the steel cased stuff. I didn't really build my Grendel to plink with so not having this ammo isn't changing what I do. But...if it comes out (and that's still an "if" as far as I'm concerned) I will buy some and see how my gun feels doing some mag dumps.
                              Μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

• One lee thing to hate. I hear it's gonna be boxer primed.

Comment

Working...
                                X