• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stanc
    Banned
    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
    Looks like production Wolf steel case has started to ship. David Fortier just got a case via UPS. Ran it through his 12.5" gun, no hiccups.
    Just when all hope has gone...

OMG! Even John succumbed to doubt! http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_121/6...age=1#i6513768

Comment

• cory
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2012

I'm with him. I'll believe it when I see it.
      "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• I had to double check the calendar as well..."Isn't it June?"

Dave isn't that type of person either, so looks like this is legit, with some very fine reporting to follow.

It will also make DSA's RPD project much more palatable in terms of high volume via belt-fed blasting.

Comment

• For 4 years we were told it was 110gr ammo.Now Mr Fortier got some 100gr stuff. Hmm. Somthing is not quite right.

Comment

• montana
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2011

Here we go again. Hope springs eternal!

Comment

• stanc
              Banned
              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by hm2 clark View Post
              For 4 years we were told it was 110gr ammo.Now Mr Fortier got some 100gr stuff. Hmm. Somthing is not quite right.
              Originally, it was supposed to have a lead-core 110gr FMJ. In late 2012, the Russkis changed it to a steel-core 100gr FMJ. Perhaps you missed Bill Alexander's update at the time?

See http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...ll=1#post46898

Comment

• sneaky one
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

Good find stanc.. That's about the time that I pm'd Bill A of my bullet wt. choices for the Grendel- in the monolithic pills--- he helped set me upon my newest path- of 95-105. grn. pills.

We both agreed that those would hit as hard as pills from a larger wt. lead class., & be as accurate also.

These maybe ? future rounds would b a great addition to the Grendel stack , for those -who don't reload, & or are on a budget- 0r like to shoot a many rounds per year, on the cheap- & easy.

Comment

• mtn_shooter

So now in a year or so I'll be able to pick up a couple boxes. Then a couple years after that (assuming it's still legal to import etc.) I might score a bulk purchase.

Comment

• Variable
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

So....... WHO HAS IT???????? ORDERING INFO??????? PRICE?????????

Arrrrgggghhhhh!!!!!! Must own some NOW!!!!

Last edited by Variable; 06-20-2014, 02:28 AM.
                    Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                    We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• stanc
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2011

Fortier updated his arfcom post with a pic, chrono data, and other info from this afternoon's test session. Here's an excerpt:
                      Originally posted by Gunwritr

20 inch barrel
                      2600 FPS

16 inch barrel
                      2496 FPS

12.5 inch barrel
                      2341 FPS

100 yard accuracy.
                      Average for three 10-shot groups is 2.4 inches.
                      The tightest five shots of each group averaged 1 inch.
                      For the full text, go to: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_121/6...pic_IN_OP.html

Comment

• Variable
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2011

Somebody sell it to me Dangit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Variable
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by stanc View Post
                          Originally, it was supposed to have a lead-core 110gr FMJ. In late 2012, the Russkis changed it to a steel-core 100gr FMJ. Perhaps you missed Bill Alexander's update at the time?

See http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...ll=1#post46898
                          Update: Per convo with Dave, there is no steel core present. It has a steel jacket with a lead core, an air pocket, and is 7N6 in profile. So no worries on "AP" declaration. I already emailed you, but posting this here for everybody else.

I'd love to get some real 7N6 style semi-AP Grendel rounds, but banned bullets that never make it here don't help I guess. I'll just be happy with what I can get.LOL

ETA: Dave just updated his original OP with the bullet info.
                          Last edited by Variable; 06-20-2014, 07:37 AM.

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
                            Warrior
                            • Apr 2013

I moments ago E-mailed the following Message to Larry Potterfield, MidwayUSA.com:

"Dear Mr. Potterfield,

"Just hours ago, respected Gun Writer, David M. Fortier, aired his initial shooting Report on the highly-anticipated, just-released WOLF Steel Case 6.5mm Grendel production ammunition http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_121/6...age=1#i6514159

"The BIG question, amongst 6.5mm Grendel Enthusiasts, right now: How soon can we order this economically-priced ammunition from our favorite online ammo supplier?

"Your kind assistance is appreciated. Thank you."

Comment

• toolsofthetrade
                              Warrior
                              • May 2011

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                                Administrator
                                • Feb 2011

'Bout. Damn. Time! I am very happy.

First guy here to get his hands on the stuff wins a Snickers bar!

John
                                :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

Working...
                                X