X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RockWarrior
    Bloodstained
    • Sep 2015

I really don't get it either. We were hopping for companies to start producing LFP bullets weighing less than the 120 gmx with a lower expansion threshold. Cavityback goes through the trouble of producing said bullet for around the same cost as Barnes bullets and some of you shit on it.

I understand that cavityback is trying to promote their products and some of you aren't interested. Their product and price may not meet your needs but that doesn't mean that it doesn't meet other forum member's needs. I really don't see the point in being so hostile towards them.

Seems to me the only point that cavityback is trying to get across is that their bullets are capable of submoa performance in certain reloading environments and weapons platforms.

I have not shot their bullets but I for one welcome their contributions to the Grendel community and will be ordering a box to try out against the 100gr ttsx.

Comment

• Klem
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by CavityBackBullets View Post
      Neither thing did I say or imply.
      I'm at a loss for the hostilities I'm getting from a few of you that are reading way more into it than I stated.

If you like our projectiles and see the value in them try them out. If you dont I wouldnt expect you to.
      For goodness sake...If you are precious about how your advertising gets processed on social media then you need to develop a thicker skin. This forum is social banter and you don't get to control every aspect of it. Some people might not like your posts and some people might not agree with what you are saying. For the rest of us it's just social banter. Unlike you we don't have a revenue stream at stake and unfortunately I don't feel obligated to protect yours.

Hey, if the forum owner is happy with you embedding advertising in our social banter then knock yourself out. Like Rockwarrior says, it does contain interesting information if you can just filter out the promotional bias.

I have no idea how well your bullets shoot but I do know a bit about long-range shooting. If you omit important information in order to imply your bullets are more of the reason the group is 0.7MOA at 1,000yards then don't be surprised or upset if someone like me corrects the record.

At least in your case you are up front about it being product promotion.
      Last edited by Klem; 04-15-2018, 07:04 AM.

Comment

• CavityBackBullets
        Bloodstained
        • Nov 2016

Ahhh Klem,

I'm just starting to figure out the personalities on this site.
        Please accept my apology for responding in a thread where our products are being mentioned by other members.

I was under the weird impression that an open tipped 118gr high expansion LFP that could run neck and neck with an Amax to 1000 yards and expand double caliber to 450 yards from a Grendel was something.

Perhaps you would prefer we stay out of your forum all together.
        I have been told on numerous occasions its a fairly unfriendly place and until now had found those accusations groundless.
        In fact I had found quite the contrary.

Comment

• Klem
          Chieftain
          • Aug 2013

For implying your bullet has more influence in the result on the target, I accept your apology.

Don't forget, you are part of the equation as to how you find the forum. I responded to your exaggerated claim and you have taken umbrage. We have different reasons for being here and like I said, your commercial interests are not my concern. If you want to make a storm out of a tea cup because you have a commercial stake in this discussion, be my guest.

Comment

• CavityBackBullets
            Bloodstained
            • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Klem View Post
            For implying your bullet has more influence in the result on the target, I accept your apology.

Don't forget, you are part of the equation as to how you find the forum. I responded to your exaggerated claim and you have taken umbrage. We have different reasons for being here and like I said, your commercial interests are not my concern. If you want to make a storm out of a tea cup because you have a commercial stake in this discussion, be my guest.
            Well you took what I said wrong again. Perhaps its me not being clear enough.
            I feel the performance does indeed in part have an influence on the result on target.
            I was not going to release this proprietary information however you leave me no choice.
            Its Pixie Dust, you know the kind Peter Pan uses. It greatly improves BC......

Comment

• Kswhitetails
              Chieftain
              • Oct 2016

I e heard that stuff is pretty expensive to harvest. Explains why some may find the CBB projectile slightly less cost effective. Wait, was that banter?
              Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• Klem
                Chieftain
                • Aug 2013

That your apology was insincere was clear enough, so I responded by accepting it. We can both play the sarcasm game if that's what you want.

I'll make the point once again...If you did not have a commercial interest in how your posts are received you wouldn't have thrown down your toys at someone having the temerity to question you, by adding more (helpful) information. You need to separate promotional marketing from social media banter. The latter is free however you don't get to control it. Now, before the Mods step in to stop this useless diatribe let me reiterate again. Your bullet, indeed any bullet is only one small part of why a group is of a particular shape and size at 1,000. You implied your products are more than one small part is what I had issue with...That's all, not worth getting upset about.

As for selling your bullets, good luck to you and all the best. This is my last post on this thread so feel free to have the last word.
                Last edited by Klem; 04-15-2018, 11:19 PM.

Comment

• HuntTXhogs
                  Warrior
                  • Jan 2014

Last edited by HuntTXhogs; 04-16-2018, 01:05 AM.

Comment

• thedudeabides
                    Bloodstained
                    • Jan 2016

Is RickOShay (the thread starter) MIA? His last post seems to be from 4 months ago. Wondering if he is still around and pursuing the project and if anyone else is planning to carry the torch or shoulder the load(s). pun intended
                    Its great work he's done and an amazing reference for Grendel shooters.
                    18" .264 LBC BHW fluted barrel

Comment

• IescapedCali
                      Warrior
                      • Sep 2017

As one who hunts in a lead-free state, and who would prefer not to eat lead, I’m thankful that I have a lot of options. I would like to see some discussions surrounding reloading for them. There’s not always Published data, so I would like to see the manufacturers publish that sort of information, to help us out. Without that, I feel like I am completely on my own. Supporting one’s products means more than vigorously supporting it on social media and discussion threads. Tell me where to start, and how to go about it. Give me useful dats. Don’t get into needless arguments that don’t provide useful data to the user. Rolling around in the dust doesn’t help me use a product. For hunting, I’ll pay a little more for a good bullet; it might put meat in my freezer. Just help me use it.

Comment

• Drillboss
                        Warrior
                        • Jan 2015

Studies seem to show that lead contamination from consuming venison isn't really a concern.

Comment

• CavityBackBullets
                          Bloodstained
                          • Nov 2016

Originally posted by HuntTXhogs View Post
                          Blah blah blah

Back to the topic!

I haven’t tried cavity back bullets due to cost AND that they could possibly shear petals during their passage through a medium to large bodied animal.

My personal feelings are that bonded bullets may be slightly more effective at distance versus lead free projectiles in 6.5 Grendel BUT recently my experiences with the 120 grain Fusions left me questioning that as well (I sheared a Fusion bullet on a medium sized boar at 170 yards).

I’m perplexed with the 6.5mm in that the SST continues to be the bullet to beat for consistent game killing performance and I seek alternatives in that price range.

Lead free projectiles are what they are in cost but this thread would be helpful with expansion measurements added going forward.

And pardon my blah blah blah but dang Klem let the mods handle the questioning of persons with possible vendor intent - it is one thing to poke somebody in the eye and when they hit back claim it was “social banter” when you are constantly doing this in many threads.

Now can we move this along ...
                          We really are not getting a lot of reports of petal separation in game.
                          Very few actually, not even going thru heavy bone.
                          We will have more data to share this spring and summer.
                          Anyone looking for starting load data can always PM me and I will gladly respond.

Comment

• grayfox
                            Chieftain
                            • Jan 2017

I'm up at 4 AM so... I re-read this thread and want to make a couple of observations.

1. CBB (Robert) is making an LFP for Grendel and Rick asked for comments/input as original design of this thread so it's fine CBB adds his inputs. Yes he's the owner and is pushing his product but it's legit to talk about and what? we should expect him to promote somebody else's?
                            2. I re-read his comment that brought out the "social banter" - "...It stays sub .7 MOA to 1000 yards as tested by PredatorDown at supersonic speeds." If we read what I think he intended to say, it is simply that one shooter did get 0.7 moa with those bullets, a statement of fact... it is not necessary to infer that everyone would do the same, which is what Klem seems to (correctly) be saying. Still it may have been better for CBB to say more clearly... "It can stay sub .7 MOA to 1000 yards as tested by PredatorDown at supersonic speeds, of course YMMV. Robert maybe this is more like what you meant, I'm trying to give you at least the benefit of the doubt...?

If so we can get back to OP's intent of discussing LFP's in all their glory...
                            and ps, I said I'm not a fan of them but if it comes down to needing one for hunting at some distance, I guess I might try CBB's or even Barnes although for now the Lehigh is working fine for me in 2 of my Grendels at distances at which I think I can hit stuff.
                            "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• rickOshay
                              Warrior
                              • Apr 2012

I’m still here. As we all know - life gets in the way sometimes.

I will continue to support this effort and plan on focusing on posting (and developing) load data.

I’m greatful for the response the folks at CBB, Maker and Lehigh have done to provide LFPs that perform well at Grendel velocities. LFPs are not for everyone, but at least now we have options.

Comment

• grayfox
                                Chieftain
                                • Jan 2017

Rick, I think the 95 Lehigh has been replaced with a 110, would that mean gel testing with the 110 could be in order?
                                Just wondering...
                                "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X