X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rickOshay
    Warrior
    • Apr 2012

Hi Greyfox - those have already been done. See post #14 on the Summary thread.

It’s #13 in the group photo.
    Last edited by rickOshay; 04-16-2018, 01:11 PM.

Comment

• CavityBackBullets
      Bloodstained
      • Nov 2016

Originally posted by grayfox View Post
      I'm up at 4 AM so... I re-read this thread and want to make a couple of observations.

1. CBB (Robert) is making an LFP for Grendel and Rick asked for comments/input as original design of this thread so it's fine CBB adds his inputs. Yes he's the owner and is pushing his product but it's legit to talk about and what? we should expect him to promote somebody else's?
      2. I re-read his comment that brought out the "social banter" - "...It stays sub .7 MOA to 1000 yards as tested by PredatorDown at supersonic speeds." If we read what I think he intended to say, it is simply that one shooter did get 0.7 moa with those bullets, a statement of fact... it is not necessary to infer that everyone would do the same, which is what Klem seems to (correctly) be saying. Still it may have been better for CBB to say more clearly... "It can stay sub .7 MOA to 1000 yards as tested by PredatorDown at supersonic speeds, of course YMMV. Robert maybe this is more like what you meant, I'm trying to give you at least the benefit of the doubt...?

If so we can get back to OP's intent of discussing LFP's in all their glory...
      and ps, I said I'm not a fan of them but if it comes down to needing one for hunting at some distance, I guess I might try CBB's or even Barnes although for now the Lehigh is working fine for me in 2 of my Grendels at distances at which I think I can hit stuff.
      To quote myself:
      "Many of our projectiles have the capability to stay sub .7 MOA to 1000 yards. Of course provided the shooter and their equipment are up to the task."

Now if someone wants to twist that into more than what it is they can have at it.
      I at no time said they turn any gun into a .7 MOA at 1000 yard shooter no matter who is behind the trigger.

Comment

• JASmith
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2014

Klem makes excellent points.

The way one responds to challenges defines his credibility.

Taking umbrage when challenged diminishes one’s credibility even though the challenge was either a mistatement or a deliberate ploy to inflame.

NOW, make no mistake, it is the rare person who doesn’t fall into the umbrage trap. I am not one of those, so relax and take more time to think through responses. I have on occasion, and when I still have my wits about me, draft a response, sleep on it, edit again, and only then post. Sometimes the response goes into the trash bin.

Now there are one or two folks who will get a chuckle from this because I am not particularly known for my hesitance to call out BS. I would have been banned long ago had I not learned to take a bit more time when responding.
        shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
        -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• rickOshay
          Warrior
          • Apr 2012

Thanks CBB - I think you, Klem, and Grayfox are in violent agreement. You may find a bit of hyper-sensitivity on here toward manufacturers and perceived claims. I hope we can continue to have open dialog without offense. I am really happy that we have manufacturers on this Board. Wish we had more. But I think you’ve found that there is a lot of experience here - and they read every word.

Comment

• grayfox
            Chieftain
            • Jan 2017

Sorry RoS I missed that #14... so thanks!
            And I too think underneath it all, everyone is in agreement. Can't really speak for Klem but at end of the day I think it's there... personalities aside for the moment.

I've got definite opinions but also willing to look at options if the need arises... Klem has been there for many of us, so what I think is best at this point is, let the LFP continue and we'll all benefit from robust but polite discussions. As far as I can tell, no harm was intended from any quarter. Frank yes, but not intended to be disparaging.
            Naturally as an economically-minded consumer, CBB please let me know if your bullets ever go on sale...maybe there'd be a deal there I can't refuse!!!
            "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• A5BLASTER
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2015

Rick0shay you out there sir.

Got any more data for us?

I'm working with the Maker 85 grain Trex right now, think it's going to be just the ticket for 300 or less on hogs and deer.

Comment

• rickOshay
                Warrior
                • Apr 2012

Double Naught Spy kindly provided me with a copy of his photo of the 95gr Controlled Chaos recovered from the hog in his lates video. I've added it to the summary post. LRRPF52 provided the ammo, so I'm hoping he can provide some velocity info to complete the story.

Others have also been reporting poor hunting performance of this brass LFP.

For the Grendel HordeÂ’s convenience, I have compiled my results for a sampling of .264 caliber lead-free projectiles (LFPs). Also included are results from testing an experimental LFP, the 90g Cereberus, developed by our very own BluntForceTrama et. al. The main goal of this work was to give the Grendel reloader a single
                Last edited by rickOshay; 10-03-2018, 04:29 PM.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2015

Originally posted by rickOshay View Post
                  Double Naught Spy kindly provided me with a copy of his photo of the 95gr Controlled Chaos recovered from the hog in his lates video. I've added it to the summary post. LRRPF52 provided the ammo, so I'm hoping he can provide some velocity info to complete the story.

Others have also been reporting poor hunting performance of this brass LFP.

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...394#post146394
                  Sounds good can't wait for the updates.

I been trying to get confirmed specs on the 120,130 and 140 trex bullets, but the company owner is hard to get a hold of.

Want to see what their lengths and bc level is at and see if they are worth trying in my 20 inch.

Love the 85 grain trex and the low expansion level on his bullets. If his 130 and 140 grainers have the same lower expansion limit and good bc it could make for a very good 400 to 600 yard game bullet.

Comment

• hill37
                    Warrior
                    • Apr 2017

Everyone is a_ _hole at times. It's called being human. That said, I'm glad CCB and others are in the Grendel game. I wish there were more Cup and Core bullet makers making Grendel bullets.

Comment

• rickOshay
                      Warrior
                      • Apr 2012

The results of HuntTXHogs have been added to the LFP Summary thread. Thanks!

This LFP is an excellent choice for coyote and hogs, and is performed as advertised - low threshold for opening and holding together at 2700fp impacts.

Comment

• rickOshay
                        Warrior
                        • Apr 2012

Fort Scott Munitions 120gr SCP LFPs added to the collection. Awaiting gel work.

LFP Thread

Comment

• rickOshay
                          Warrior
                          • Apr 2012

I have added manufacturer's load data for the 100gr Barnes, 110gr Lehigh, and 120gr Barnes in the LFP Summary thread. These data should give good starting points for a variety of similar weighted LFPs.

I have also rearranged the thread to make room for the Barnes 115gr TAC-TX, when it comes available. I'll update the group photo at that time also to include the 100 TAC-TX and the two from Fort Scott Munitions.

Last edited by rickOshay; 03-26-2020, 02:07 PM.

Comment

• tdbru
                            Warrior
                            • Dec 2019

thanks RickOshay!
                            -tdbru

Comment

• rickOshay
                              Warrior
                              • Apr 2012

I've added the Barnes 100gr Tipped TAC-TX to the Tipped TSX post. I'm treating them the same until I can shoot the TAC-TX into a gel.

Sorry that my photography system has changed over the past 3 years, and the pictures are a different color now.. I will try to reproduce the color of the old pics. I've been a photographer since a teenager, but just now learning Photoshop.

Comment

• rickOshay
                                Warrior
                                • Apr 2012

Nosler E-Tip load data added.

Comment

Working...
                                X