Barnes TTSX 100gr -- Any good reloading info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • A.D.D. AR
    Warrior
    • Oct 2014

guys- found some newer Barnes load data, forgive me if it has been posted before.

-mike

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Longtubeman View Post
      , that was 2.250 not 2.500
      I figured that was what you meant.

It's a common mistake people have made with misplacing decimal points, since we all know you can't even load 2.500" in the AR15 magazine well, let alone the longest COL-allowing magazines that will keep you limited to 2.300" (if you don't stack a lot of cartridges in them).

Let's keep it civil and give people the benefit of the doubt before throwing around accusations gents.
      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Lemonaid
        Warrior
        • Feb 2019

Barnes has a new load PDF for the Grendel, of interest the 120 grain bullets and a Max load of 31.0 of cfe 223 gets 2660 out of a 24" bbl.

Comment

• rickOshay
          Warrior
          • Apr 2012

Barnes load data for 100 gr and 120 gr are also posted here

For the Grendel Horde’s convenience, I have compiled my results for a sampling of .264 caliber lead-free projectiles (LFPs). Also included are results from testing an experimental LFP, the 90g Cereberus, developed by our very own BluntForceTrama et. al. The main goal of this work was to give the Grendel reloader a single

Post #9 and #26

Comment

• Remington Jim
            Bloodstained
            • Apr 2020

I m new to loading the Grendel BUT not new to reloading - 53 + years ! So as i am interested in shooting the 100 Barnes TTSX for hunting out of my Howa Mini Grendel i thought i would see what the Total Powder capacity of my New Starline brass is at 1.510 long and CCI450 primer in it ! OK so dropped thru a 6 " funnel tube and tapped twice on the top of the funnel after powder is down i can get in 37 grs of CFE223 and also ONLY 35 of 8208 ! - I'm just stating a FACT ! thats ALL ! Max i have loaded with a 100 gr so far has being 31 grs of 8208 BUT not with this bullet ! My powder was measured on both a RCBS 10-10 scale and a RCBS Chargemaster !
            Last edited by Remington Jim; 05-01-2020, 07:14 PM. Reason: I Fixed ! MY Mistake ! My Humble Apologies !

Comment

• buckworkman
              Unwashed
              • Mar 2020

Originally posted by Michael-95037 View Post
              I live in California where we need to use non-lead projectiles for hunting. I'm trying to find a load for my upcoming pig hunt this fall. I plan to use my new 18" 6.5 Grendel. I'm thinking the 100gr. Barnes TTSX should do the job nicely, but I can't find any real world (hunting) feedback on good loads in the 6.5 Grendel for this bullet. IMR 8208XBR or CFE223 seem to be the most recommended powders for the Grendel. Are there any other powders I should be considering? Does anyone have any real world experience or loads they can share for the Barnes TTSX 100Gr or any other non-lead loads (Hornady 120gr GMX or Barnes 120gr TSX or ???) which you've found successful? I expect my opportunities to be at under 150 yards from past experience, but I have taken pigs at 200+ yards on this ranch (which I have previously hunted using a 270 Winchester).

Thanks Much.

Comment

Working...
              X