X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scout175
    Bloodstained
    • Sep 2020

That's some outstanding precision Mel. Just got 2 boxes of the lehighs and happen to have some PPV on hand too. I'll do a ladder with my AR 20 inch, find some nodes, and test for accuracy. My gun shoots the Barnes 115 TAC TX BTs extremely well at 2640 fps with Ar-comp. Haven't been able to find any more of that powder. Hope to get the same or better from the lehighs with comparable speed if not better speed with PPV.

Comment

• mel
      Chieftain
      • Nov 2019

Originally posted by Scout175 View Post
      That's some outstanding precision Mel. Just got 2 boxes of the lehighs and happen to have some PPV on hand too. I'll do a ladder with my AR 20 inch, find some nodes, and test for accuracy. My gun shoots the Barnes 115 TAC TX BTs extremely well at 2640 fps with Ar-comp. Haven't been able to find any more of that powder. Hope to get the same or better from the lehighs with comparable speed if not better speed with PPV.
      use mag primers with the ppv specially if its cold out , i started running into issues with std primers at 28.5-29g

if this snow ever quits im going to continue working my way up to 30+g of ppv and see what i can get out of theese , im estimating max load to be somewere in the 30.5-31g range

Comment

• sundowner
        Chieftain
        • Nov 2017

I picked up 2 boxes of the controlled chaos , will be using H335 and 8208xbr when it warms up here . Will be a good test for the Labradar I just got .

Comment

• mel
          Chieftain
          • Nov 2019

i freaking love theese 110 match solids , 450y accurate af out of my 28 , thats a 2 inch diam center on my gong

Comment

• mel
            Chieftain
            • Nov 2019

bumping to the top need my data lol, loading 5 at 29.3 and 5 at 29.5 to tst out of the new 12 inch gren pistol tom

Comment

• tdbru
              Warrior
              • Dec 2019

Mel,
              you should get an extreme difference between the 12" pistol and the 28" overwatch. should be interesting.
              -tdbru

Comment

• mel
                Chieftain
                • Nov 2019

Originally posted by tdbru View Post
                Mel,
                you should get an extreme difference between the 12" pistol and the 28" overwatch. should be interesting.
                -tdbru
                out of the 10" shorty they went 2240fps @ 29g out of the 12 at the higher charges i should see about 2350-2400fps i think, im pretty sure they will go close to 2900 out of the 28 when i bring the load up closer to max load.
                The last worked up with perfect accuracy was only 29.2g and max will be more like 30.6 need to see if i have another accuracy node in the 28 before i hit max load
                Last edited by mel; 04-10-2021, 04:08 AM.

Comment

• Pootyng
                  Warrior
                  • Aug 2018

Following. I used these with 8208 (CC)

Comment

• mel
                    Chieftain
                    • Nov 2019

its been a while and i wanna play so i loaded up a box of theese at 29.2g with cci 450's toput on the 6 inch 600yard gong tommorow out of my 28 inch bareled grendel

Comment

• mel
                      Chieftain
                      • Nov 2019

time to see were the next node is so i have have 2 test groups loaded at 29.5 and 29.8g ppv to start also have a refrence batch at 29.2 which has been my goto load since i first tested theese out

Comment

• mel
                        Chieftain
                        • Nov 2019

theese rounds never cease to amaze me
                        weather conditions 91* 11% humidity and 10mph wind
                        Range - 204 yards
                        target dot = .750
                        single digit es/sd
                        top dot = match solid
                        3 center dots = controlled chaos
                        groups would be even smaller with my glass scope

Comment

• doofus65
                          Bloodstained
                          • May 2017

Nice write up. What's that attachment at the front end of your scope?

Comment

• mel
                            Chieftain
                            • Nov 2019

Originally posted by doofus65 View Post
                            Nice write up. What's that attachment at the front end of your scope?
                            rangefinder

Comment

• Parabellum55
                              Unwashed
                              • Oct 2020

Lately i have been developing loads around hammer bullets, similar solids but different bullet design. they make 85, 97,and 110s that have excellent terminal performance (bang flop) and they go fassssst. I have been shooting ar comp in the 97s and 110s but am getting power pro varmint today for the 85's. Ill post some data and pics when I get them on the lab radar. I have been shooting 120 ttsx for the last 2 years but and going to shoot pigs and yotes this month and will report back on performance in the field. I urge you all to check out the hammer time forum, these are some very interesting bullet designs and loading details like no other bullet I have ever used but the results are evident, made for hunters by hunters. SPEED KILLS

Its expensive but powder IS available on Gunbroker

Comment

• Parabellum55
                                Unwashed
                                • Oct 2020

magnetospeed crono

Comment

Working...
                                X