• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • txgunner00
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Thanks!
    NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

I arranged to get all the currently-produced Lapua projos from Lapua when I'm up there this summer.

Comment

• bwaites
        • Mar 2011

Thats going to be a scary picture!

Comment

• txgunner00
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Cool! Nice to have connections.

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

Comment

• rickOshay
            Warrior
            • Apr 2012

We have our sticky - thanks Bwaites!!

Comment

I just received 5 bullet samples from txgunner00:

100gr Hornady AMAX
              100gr Hornady SP
              120gr Speer Hot-Cor
              140gr Hornady Interlock SP
              160gr Sierra Pro-Hunter

Thanks man!

Bill A. said that I'll need a fish eye lens for the camera...

Comment

• txgunner00
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

LOL. No problem.

Comment

That Sierra 160 gr Pro-Hunter got my attention. How many of these bullets are still available and can be purchased in enough numbers to be viable as examples of the variety the handloader can enjoy?

There may be value in having a section that focuses on just those bullets that are currently manufactured and legally available in at least a few places.

Comment

• txgunner00
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by JASmith View Post
                    That Sierra 160 gr Pro-Hunter got my attention. How many of these bullets are still available and can be purchased in enough numbers to be viable as examples of the variety the handloader can enjoy?

There may be value in having a section that focuses on just those bullets that are currently manufactured and legally available in at least a few places.
                    Unfortunately, none that I can find. I even called Sierra to see if they had some old stock still. I found these at a local range with a LOT of dust on them.
                    Last edited by txgunner00; 05-18-2012, 12:59 AM.

Comment

• Thanks!

The point is that our exercise is showing that we have a whole lot of projo's the Grendel can digest for various shooting purposes. I would be disappointed to hear complaints from other communities that we cheated by bringing in obsolete or otherwise unusable bullets to make the pot seem larger.

Hence the speculation that we can make two lists and two photos. The first would be for those bullets readily available and useable by most folks. The second would show the obsolete or otherwise hard to get bullets.

The 6.5 is truly a rich caliber. I wish I had paid more attention to Amy Uncle's .264 Magnum back in the early and mid-'60s.

Comment

• Here's where I'm at so far guys. Thanks for all the help! Still needing a lot more pills, but it's coming along great. I will get the whole Lapua line-up this summer.

Comment

• txgunner00
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2011

Very cool.

Comment

• Thanks LRRP/Bwaites /and the Horde
                            I did find a 100gr Lapua CUTTING EDGE 100gr
                            While the raptors have been around a while, they have recently rolled in down under as in:
                            < http://www.meplat.com.au/index.php/online-store1/product/66-264-cal-6-5mm-100grn-esp-raptor/category_pathway-17>
                            What do you think? I am keen to try em out in my bolt Grendel...
                            Cheers

Comment

• txgunner00
                              Chieftain
                              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by eljefe View Post
                              Thanks LRRP/Bwaites /and the Horde
                              I did find a 100gr Lapua CUTTING EDGE 100gr
                              While the raptors have been around a while, they have recently rolled in down under as in:
                              < http://www.meplat.com.au/index.php/online-store1/product/66-264-cal-6-5mm-100grn-esp-raptor/category_pathway-17>
                              What do you think? I am keen to try em out in my bolt Grendel...
                              Cheers
                              If they make something in an 160+ grain that would be a bad ass bullet for sub-sonic. The bullet would be very long as brass is less dense than lead but that's good for SS loads. More bullet in the case = better load density.

Comment

• The projectile line-up pic is getting ready to grow a bunch when I get back.

Comment

Working...
                                X