• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cowdog
    Warrior
    • Feb 2018

Originally posted by Klem View Post
    Be a good time to pick up a cheap Labradar or Magnetospeed.
    My Magnetospeed Sporter will be for sale shortly.
    I ordered a Garmin Xero C1 Pro from EuroOptic and will be here Wednesday.
    They require a signature also on deliveries over $500. It was shipped UPS so hopefully they are more reliable than Fedex.
    I am seeing Labradar's for $375 and Magnetospeed Sporters for $100. I think the used market for Labradar's and Magnetospeed will hurt both of them and the even cheaper Chrono's.

Comment

• stonehog
      Warrior
      • Oct 2021

Comment

• mtnlvr
        Warrior
        • Feb 2019

Just got mine today. Cabelas got some in Christmas Eve and I was able to apply a code for $75 off. That combined with some gift cards and Cabelas Bucks only set me back $130 out of pocket.

Tried it out today. Too easy! 22lr subs through a narrow shooting lane...like ~20" wide in spots and only ~17 yds long. It registered every shot! I will try those same rounds in a more open environment and longer range to see how similar the results are as it registered 86 fps spread.

I wish it would have come with a small case. I ended up ordering a cheap case to stash it in my range bag. Looking forward to getting some more time with it over the weekend.

Comment

• jasper2408
          Warrior
          • Jan 2019

I wish it would have come with a small case.
          Here is a link to a thread on Snipers Hide that shows a bunch of different cases that people used to store their Garmin chronos.

Please post your xero accessory recommendations here. Save me and others from having to read through 1k plus posts to find what works. Hard cases, Soft cases, Tripods, Rail mounts etc.

I chose to use this case. You have to select "With Foam" to get the foam insert version. This outfit is still offering free shipping and you can print 2 lines of anything you want on the case lid for free. Also, if you get anything printed on the lid then they will not take the case back for a refund. This case is $30.00 but I figure it is going to protect something that is $600.00 so it was worth it to me.

The perfect case for your next big adventure! Our cases serve as a great lockable gun case for airline travel and tactical pistol case. The perfect DSLR camera case and best hard camera case for camera equipment. Just to put it simply, they're one of the best protective case brands on the market!

How I setup the inside of my case:

My text on the case lid:
          Last edited by jasper2408; 12-31-2023, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• mtnlvr
            Warrior
            • Feb 2019

Originally posted by jasper2408 View Post
            I chose to use this case.
            Very nice, solid, well protected setup. The way I plan to store and transport, that case would be more than needed and consume too much real-estate in my range bag. I suppose it would still take less space than my old school chrono, but that one didn't live in my range bag, this one will. I'll use a smaller ballistic nylon case until I find a small hard case case.

Comment

• SDW
              Warrior
              • Jul 2018

That Seahorse one is nice, for sure. I also like the Cole-Tac soft case, which unfortunately is also the most expensive of the ones shown in that SHide thread. What I like about the soft case is, it's no bigger than it needs to be. So more pocket/pack friendly, maybe? I dunno. I intend to throw my Xero (a Christmas present from my wife) in some kind of case, into my main shooting bag or possibly my "optics" Pelican case for transport to/from shooting trips.

Comment

• Zeneffect
                Chieftain
                • May 2020

Ordered one.

Can't transfer from the magnetospeed xfr anymore after last android update... I've had enough...

Comment

• jasper2408
                  Warrior
                  • Jan 2019

Here is another cover option that a fellow on Snipers Hide 3D prints and sells for 25 bucks. Says that it protects and doesn't rub the screen.

Custom designed 3D printed covers for the Garmin Xero C1 pro Printed from soft yet durable TPU Will protect your unit, but won't scratch the screen Easy slide on installation. It's held in place by retaining bosses that are on the inside. Works with any mounting system Lifetime Guarantee...

Comment

• SDW
                    Warrior
                    • Jul 2018

I ended up getting one of these SnHide-suggested clamshell cases since I was placing an amaz order anyway. $8. It works. Holds the Xero + tripod, cord, and paperwork nicely. Not as sturdy and waterproof as a Pelican or Evergreen case, but it's rigid enough to keep the Xero from getting pressed on should it drift to the bottom of the shooting back or between the seats, etc.

Comment

• SDW
                      Warrior
                      • Jul 2018

Random question for guys planning to, or are already attaching these radar chronos to your rifles: How does the recoil jolt and muzzle rise not affect read accuracy?

Comment

• Klem
                        Chieftain
                        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by SDW View Post
                        Random question for guys planning to, or are already attaching these radar chronos to your rifles: How does the recoil jolt and muzzle rise not affect read accuracy?
                        SDW,

Mine arrives tomorrow and I'm not planning on attaching it to the firearm.

There's a video on Youtube where a reviewer loses the second shot in the string while the Garmin is connected to the gun with an 'Area 419' arm.

My take (without any personal experience) is that connecting the Garmin to the firearm is almost unnecessary. If the radar is as forgiving in aiming as reviewers using tripods imply then why would you want to smash it around in the recoil? Sure, there are situations where you want to swing the barrel around to different targets and get velocities, but usually we are pointing it in one direction at one target.

The two Garmin connecting arm/mount businesses, '419' and 'Pro QD' are obviously wanting as much media exposure as they can get. Probably handed out free arms to all the reviewers. This gives an impression that connecting the radar to your gun is normal/preferred.

Comment

• Zeneffect
                          Chieftain
                          • May 2020

Klem,

Hope yours arrives on time. Mine is delayed until ??? Due to ??? At least it says in transit with a delivery date of yesterday.

I see no benefit to mounting on rifle. If I'm breaking scopes... mounting this to a rifle I'll break it too

Comment

• natebonebusta
                            Bloodstained
                            • Dec 2022

Comment

• mtnlvr
                              Warrior
                              • Feb 2019

Comment

• Klem
                                Chieftain
                                • Aug 2013

Sounds good....Are there any guys who have used their Garmins on tripods had issues, or felt the need to buy a connecting mount to the firearm?

Comment

Working...
                                X