Reloading Room Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sneaky one View Post
    Hey you guys are lucky. I'm in the garage reloading from March till Oct. Winters a bugger here, so I bring all the toys inside before I hibernate some , after turkey day. Wife said no way in hell will I reload in HER house (nest). I did get an 8 ft. bench, that's hard to keep organized, but the space is great, as I always seem to have too many projects going on. hee.
    I grew up south of you in Hastings. We always had a finished basemen that would have been my area. No way in January there loading in the garage!! LOL

Greg

Comment

• sneaky one
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Hey, another snowbank Mn. native ! I tried for 6 months before we built here in 98', to have my man cave in the b.ment,,, to no avail. Why? cuz JR. - Wants his new bedroom in the b.ment. My wife has shot with me in the past, she knows of reloading and all the tech. data, but will not let me do this inside the nest. Damn. Hey, Greg nice collection of medals. Wanna break it down, how when and where? Nice setup. Nice and warm.

Comment

• jwilson1985

i load stuff i dnt even own just setting in there lol idk even y i do

Comment

Originally posted by sneaky one View Post
          Hey, another snowbank Mn. native ! I tried for 6 months before we built here in 98', to have my man cave in the b.ment,,, to no avail. Why? cuz JR. - Wants his new bedroom in the b.ment. My wife has shot with me in the past, she knows of reloading and all the tech. data, but will not let me do this inside the nest. Damn. Hey, Greg nice collection of medals. Wanna break it down, how when and where? Nice setup. Nice and warm.
          My room was in the basement when I grew up there. I listened to five gallon buckets tumbling rocks 24/7 for years!! I'd say JR needs to buck up!! LOL

The medals are from the Arizona Police and Fire Games. They number somewhere at 80+ at last count. I have won them in PPC, Combat Pistol(IPSC), 3 Gun and Sniper matches. I enjoy the games as they are very low stress. Much more laid back than the US IPSC Nationals that I have shot so many times. I figure if you shoot enough matches you will win something. I have kept the "unique" awards from the AZPFG's and the six US Nationals that I won top Revolver in , before Miculek, and a few others.

I love to compete and if it goes bang I'll try it. I am looking hard at F-Class stuff right now and think that may be my next challenge.

Greg

Comment

Very nice. What upper is leaning against the speaker?

Cheers, Will

Comment

Originally posted by WillD View Post
              Very nice. What upper is leaning against the speaker?

Cheers, Will
              That is an Olympic Arms 25 WSSM Ultra Match upper with a 24 X Leupold mounted for testing. It is quite the little thumper and those fat cases are a hoot to reload.

Greg

Comment

Greg,

Have you ever tried the Berger 115gr VLD's in that 25 WSSM?

Comment

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                  Greg,

Have you ever tried the Berger 115gr VLD's in that 25 WSSM?
                  I have not yet. I am trying to work this one in to my projects and right now the varmint guns are my big interest. I will focus mostly on an elk type bullet when I go big and a light varmint weight for other uses. I have not used any of the Berger VLD's yet though if my F-Class interest blooms I'll bet they will be bought at my local bench rest guys shop.

Greg

Comment

• StoneTower

Originally posted by GLShooter View Post
                    I have not yet. I am trying to work this one in to my projects and right now the varmint guns are my big interest. I will focus mostly on an elk type bullet when I go big and a light varmint weight for other uses. I have not used any of the Berger VLD's yet though if my F-Class interest blooms I'll bet they will be bought at my local bench rest guys shop.

Greg
                    Would you have an actual weight for that rifle without the bipod? Scope and empty mag are good but I would not carry it with a bipod. Is that the 24 inch barrel? I am interested in a Dtech 25 but am not sure that it is that much lighter than my ar10. How does it balance?

Thanks,

David

Comment

Originally posted by StoneTower View Post
                      Would you have an actual weight for that rifle without the bipod? Scope and empty mag are good but I would not carry it with a bipod. Is that the 24 inch barrel? I am interested in a Dtech 25 but am not sure that it is that much lighter than my ar10. How does it balance?

Thanks,

David
                      24" non-fluted right at 11 pounds with empty mag. No bipod or sling. I would do a 22" with flutes if I had DTECH build one. I have a 20 Tactical from him and it is fantastic. Balance is a tad heavy in the muzzle but I prefer that on my rifles day in day out. 95% of what I shoot are heavy barreled guns. They just seem to hang better.

Greg

Comment

• StoneTower

How much does the 20 tactical weigh (complete rifle with ace stock). I originally built an AR10 that added up in weight to be 12 pounds with a magazine and a scope (20" medium barrel...I also have a 24" 22-250 upper for it that adds a couple of more pounds when it is on the lower) and started building the Grendel to save weight. The Grendel started out light, but the more parts that went together, the heavier it got. It now weighs 10 pounds. I am thinking of having the barrel fluted on the Grendel. Maybe I will bet a fluted 30 RSAUM for the AR10

Thanks,

David

Comment

How much does the 20 tactical weigh (complete rifle with ace stock). I originally built an AR10 that added up in weight to be 12 pounds with a magazine and a scope (20" medium barrel...I also have a 24" 22-250 upper for it that adds a couple of more pounds when it is on the lower) and started building the Grendel to save weight. The Grendel started out light, but the more parts that went together, the heavier it got. It now weighs 10 pounds. I am thinking of having the barrel fluted on the Grendel. Maybe I will bet a fluted 30 RSAUM for the AR10

Thanks,

David
                          The 20 Tac is 9.6 lbs. No sling/bipod. Fluted inside the FF tube and the barrel. 24" Shilen blank. Amazing how parts add up for weight. I'm pretty minimalist in that area myself. Here it is from one of my outings last year for PD's in northern Arizona.

Greg

Comment

• StoneTower

Do you neck turn that Winchester .25 WSSM brass? I have read that some people do not like the Winchester brass as well as the Federal WSSM but Federal only made .223 WSSM & .243 WSSM brass. Some people are fire forming the Federal brass to .25.
                            I was thinking of having a side charger made in .25 WSSM. The .25 caliber barrel would weigh slightly less than your 20 in the same profile but the side charger would weigh more than the standard modified upper. A standard or side charging upper only needs to be opened up 50 thousands to take the larger barrel extension and the ejection port needs to be opened up too.
                            Nice rifles. That 20 Tac looks a little close to the edge there on that ice chest. It would make me nervous while I was taking the picture

Here is my Grendel with a 20" LW barrel doing its job

Here is the pig I shot. It was a 2 1/2 day hunt at Tejon ranch in Southern California. It was shot on the final morning of the hunt and Jason (one of the guys I was hunting with) saw this hog and offered me the shot. He is a great guy. Jason takes great pictures. The gun and the pig look great, but the hunter looks like he

Thanks,

David

Comment

Here is my Grendel with a 20" LW barrel doing its job

Here is the pig I shot. It was a 2 1/2 day hunt at Tejon ranch in Southern California. It was shot on the final morning of the hunt and Jason (one of the guys I was hunting with) saw this hog and offered me the shot. He is a great guy. Jason takes great pictures. The gun and the pig look great, but the hunter looks like he

Thanks,

David
                              What bullets were you using? I see that Tejon Ranch won't allow the use of bullet containing any lead.

Comment

• bwaites
                                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by QuadCam View Post
                                What bullets were you using? I see that Tejon Ranch won't allow the use of bullet containing any lead.
                                I'm positive that he mentions he used a Barnes TTSX or TSX in the thread cited.

Comment

Working...
                                X