X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1Shot
    Warrior
    • Feb 2018

Shoot it at least 50 times and try something besides Hornady 123 SST ammo before you spend a bunch of money on another barrel. Many of the BCA barrels just need shooting to slick up the rough bore before they start to group better my research has turned up. It has been suggested that you lap the bore with JB bore paste with it applied to a tight patch giving the bore 50 passes to help clean up the roughness.

Comment

• NightFisher
      Bloodstained
      • Jan 2018

It has nearly 100 rounds down it now. It may improve but I doubt it will ever be better than 2MOA... Not what I want out of this rifle.

Comment

• ported45
        Warrior
        • Feb 2018

Well, the third upper seems to have an appropriate throat at least. First measuring did not turn out well, so I gave it a good cleaning and tried to measure again. The Nosler 120 BT just does have a light scuff ring around it when loaded to 2.250" and when seated at recommended 2.245" does not touch the compound throat or rifling at all. I was lead to believe that they had the Grendel 2 throat that was completely parallel, but there is a complete ring around the bullet ogive and not just rifling scuffs on it. Maybe when I requested a SAAMI throat that they actually put one in it.

Now to just get some free time to give it a test run.

The only thing that is not to order spec is the receiver is no longer BCA branded and has no branding marks whatsoever, but at this point I don't care about that. It fits my lower very well; no wiggle at all.

As a side note, the three steel Wolf cases that came with the upper have three different extractor marks on the rim and only one has a dent in the body of the case. I do NOT believe that two of these were test-fired in this upper if, in fact, any of the three were. I am thinking that they crack off three rounds and just pick up three empties and put in a baggie.

Comment

• Smokehouse_83
          Bloodstained
          • Apr 2017

How long does it usually take for them to put rifles back in stock? I have a buddy that has been waiting for a side charger 20” for 3weeks.

Comment

• ErikS
            Warrior
            • Dec 2017

I have to agree, they are a bit rough and need to be shot or lapped. Mine started coming around after 30-40 rounds through it.

BCA has not had 6.5 uppers or barrels in stock on their site in a few months but they still seem to be available on Primary Arms' site.
            #shareyourspare

Comment

• ported45
              Warrior
              • Feb 2018

Originally posted by Smokehouse_83 View Post
              How long does it usually take for them to put rifles back in stock? I have a buddy that has been waiting for a side charger 20” for 3weeks.
              It took them three weeks to send me the second upper without any attempt to fix the first one that fit my lower PERFECTLY but was just a little shy on the throat length. Tell him to cancel the order if possible and go take a look at Hardened Arms. I have a 5.56 and .300 BLK that were accurate out of the box!! And their 6.5 is not a bunch more than the BCA. That is what I wish I had done; stick with what was working for me!!!!

Comment

• ported45
                Warrior
                • Feb 2018

Originally posted by ErikS View Post
                I have to agree, they are a bit rough and need to be shot or lapped. Mine started coming around after 30-40 rounds through it.

BCA has not had 6.5 uppers or barrels in stock on their site in a few months but they still seem to be available on Primary Arms' site.
                I think that they have them in stock, but they are holding them to take care of all the warranty work!!

Comment

• NightFisher
                  Bloodstained
                  • Jan 2018

Originally posted by ported45 View Post
                  Tell him to cancel the order if possible
                  Good advice there...

Comment

• Smokehouse_83
                    Bloodstained
                    • Apr 2017

He wants a side charger or I would of told him to look elsewhere. Isn’t there another company that sells BCA’s side charger receiver? We would buy just the receiver and build an upper with a better barrel if they would at least stock those.

Comment

• Randy99CL
                      Warrior
                      • Oct 2017

He wants a side charger or I would of told him to look elsewhere. Isn’t there another company that sells BCA’s side charger receiver? We would buy just the receiver and build an upper with a better barrel if they would at least stock those.
                      I've read that the AR Stoner brand Midway sells are made by BCA. Their side-charge receiver looks just like my BCA but costs $240 in .223/5.56.
                      With the Vet discount my entire BCA upper was $301 so I don't want to pay $240 for just the receiver.

I love my BCA side-charger and this situation frustrates me too. I ordered my upper in October and got it within 10 days but since then I've never seen that receiver in stock...I want to build one in .223.
                      "In any war, political or battlefield; truth is the first casualty."

Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

Comment

• Smokehouse_83
                        Bloodstained
                        • Apr 2017

He got to looking around at side chargers and found Sanders Armory. Looks like they are pretty much a rebadged BCA that costs 200 more bucks. Anybody delt with them?

Comment

• hdougd
                          Unwashed
                          • May 2018

Have you tried Gibbz Arms ?

Comment

• Randy99CL
                            Warrior
                            • Oct 2017

That Sanders looks good and is not exactly the same as the BCA so probably isn't made by them.
                            The Gibbz is really cool but doesn't include the BCG for that $250 and I don't care for the handle on the left side.
                            Brownell's shows a few more that are really expensive.

That's what's so frustrating about this...the BCA is a good, forged receiver and all I want or need. All the others cost a lot more and for my use probably won't work any better.

I'm going to start bugging BCA with emails and phone calls, asking when they'll be back in stock.

Comment

• Smokehouse_83
                              Bloodstained
                              • Apr 2017

He got sick of waiting and ordered a Faxon barrel yesterday. Will the BCA bolt on the side charger work with the Faxon barrel? Cause he is gonna order one and build an upper. Told him welp you will have a better shooter for sure.

Comment

• Randy99CL
                                Warrior
                                • Oct 2017

He got sick of waiting and ordered a Faxon barrel yesterday. Will the BCA bolt on the side charger work with the Faxon barrel? Cause he is gonna order one and build an upper. Told him well you will have a better shooter for sure.
                                Funny how we're in parallel here. I ordered a new Faxon barrel and it arrived Saturday.

My BCA upper is the side-charge receiver, 20" barrel and the 15" hand rail. I took it apart and discovered I don't have the right wrench for the barrel nut so I'm leaving shortly for the gunsmith who can swap the barrels for me.

I tried my BCA bolt by hand and it fits perfectly into the Faxon barrel extension.
                                I'm also glad that the BCA gas block is an amazing fit on the new barrel. It couldn't be better; I doubt there is much more than one thousanth clearance. I just checked and (with calipers) the barrel is 0.750" and the gb 0.7505". Perfect.

Once I've got the BCA short-throated barrel off I'll contact them about exchanging it.

Comment

Working...
                                X