X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • roo_ster
    Bloodstained
    • Nov 2016

My favorite use for Wolf 6.5G is as a pacifier / "hush puppy" for my daughter at the range. I can give her a couple boxes of Wolf and the 4 round magazine and get some serious shooting done while she happily decompresses from the serious shooting I just had her do (zero-ing, marksmanship fundamentals, etc.). A couple hog or deer silhouettes at her 100 yard target stand and in am in with Flynn. Gives her more "hands-on" with the rifle firing live ammo.

Shooting has to be fun every once in a while for a kid. Boxes of Wolf $6 ammo help in that respect.

And it sounds like the Wolf might be getting a bit better. Good for everybody.

That linked thread is funny at times. I generally do not badmouth other cartridges, as I figure that for SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE that cartridge in some platform is the absolute best for their needs. For me, the 6.5G in an AR15 is a godsend for my wife & daughter, who want a light rifle with low recoil that can still take medium sized game at the usual game-getting ranges. I will continue to tote the .375H&H my wife got me a few years ago. Some folk say it is too much gun, but the bitty 35lb feral hog whose thoracic cavity I turned inside out made no complaints. And was SO yummy!
    Last edited by roo_ster; 06-10-2019, 08:49 PM.
    Regards,

roo_ster

"Drive Nature out with a pitchfork, she'll come right back, Victorious over your ignorant confident scorn."
    ----Horace

Comment

• Kswhitetails
      Chieftain
      • Oct 2016

Rectum-fied that situation, did you? Lol, love it. We really do need a like button.
      Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

Working...
      X