X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Keep The Change
    Warrior
    • Mar 2013

That is an impressive 19.4%, which beats out the 5.56 at 16.7%. That is good news for us.

Comment

• babue
      Warrior
      • Mar 2011

Just saw this vid about the MDR from the Bullpup Forum.

It shows the ejection system better than any other video's I have seen.
      Sure looks like the best thought out bullpup I have seen. Hope it actually makes it into production at an
      affordable price.

Comment

• Will the MDR-C be available in .308?

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
          Warrior
          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by babue View Post
          Just saw this vid about the MDR from the Bullpup Forum.

It shows the ejection system better than any other video's I have seen. . . .
          And, here's a close-up still showing the details of the locking mechanism on the swing-open, forward-ejection chute http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=5230.0 (Scroll down the Page to Reply #4, click-on the top photo).

Comment

• Keep The Change
            Warrior
            • Mar 2013

Me likey the Desert Tech. Very nice. Too bad it will be a long time before I can justify getting one or afford one.

Comment

• babue
              Warrior
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by SHORT-N-SASSY View Post
              And, here's a close-up still showing the details of the locking mechanism on the swing-open, forward-ejection chute http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=5230.0 (Scroll down the Page to Reply #4, click-on the top photo).
              Thanks for the post. I had not seen the still's.
              Their idea of being able to leave the port open if any problem develops is really great.
              I do not for see any problem with it but a good idea anyway. My FS2000 will hold 5 empties in the ejection tube
              and there has never been a problem to clear them. You can close the door on the end of the ejection tube and hold the empties in, when the tube gets full the door pops open and the brass starts to come out. I see no problem with the way they have designed the ejection system, only positives.

Comment

• NugginFutz
                Chieftain
                • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Nukes View Post
                Dang! A working solution. Hmmmm.... I have a hankering to visit the gun store.

P.S. When you said "Just don't stick your tongue out," I was worried that it was going to be a Miley Cyrus Shoots AUG Left-handed video. Very relieved to find otherwise.
                Nukes, you turd! Now I'll never get that image out of my mind!
                If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Gotta watch out for that funny bone. [grinning]

Comment

• babue
                    Warrior
                    • Mar 2011

Bumped this up, so we could get a few more votes for the Grendel version.
                    The 6.5 Grendel had been leading the 223/5.56 but has now dropped behind by a vote.
                    If you have not voted yet, help give the Grendel version a boost.
                    Vote here: http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=5206.20

Comment

• Originally posted by babue View Post
                      The 6.5 Grendel had been leading the 223/5.56 but has now dropped behind by a vote.

OK, I voted for Grendel (but I ordered the .308).

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
                        Warrior
                        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by babue View Post
                        Presently, the Bullpup Forum Desert Tech MDR: Which caliber do you want this in? Poll has the .223/5.56x45mm and 6.5mm Grendel neck and neck at 17.5%, while the .308/7.62x51mm enjoys 50.9%. And, from the viewpoint of this not-so-innocent observer http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?PH...&topic=1060.60, I admit I don't understand the desire for the 1950's .308 Winchester cartridge, over the ultra-efficient 6.5mm Grendel (with half the recoil), in a forward-thinking 21st Century Micro Dynamic Rifle design, replete with a short 16" barrel. Nukes, can you help?

Comment

• explorecaves

Unless the barrel is 20" or longer the .308 doesn't make sense.

Comment

• stanc
                            Banned
                            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by SHORT-N-SASSY View Post
                            Presently, the Bullpup Forum Desert Tech MDR: Which caliber do you want this in? Poll has the .223/5.56x45mm and 6.5mm Grendel neck and neck at 17.5%, while the .308/7.62x51mm enjoys 50.9%. And, from the viewpoint of this not-so-innocent observer, I admit I don't understand the desire for the 1950's .308 Winchester cartridge, over the ultra-efficient 6.5mm Grendel...
                            Perhaps ammo availability and/or cost may be factors?

Comment

• stanc
                              Banned
                              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by explorecaves View Post
                              Unless the barrel is 20" or longer the .308 doesn't make sense.
                              To you it doesn't, but others don't share that opinion. Note that the UK military has a .308 marksman rifle with 16" barrel, the US Army is reportedly developing a 16" barrel version of the M110 sniper rifle, and the Mk17 SCAR-H used by SOCOM has a 16" standard barrel (with a 13" barrel option!).

Comment

• The 6.5 Grendel was the first (and last) time I violated my own dictum to avoid non-mainstream chamberings. Intense scrounging and acceptance of gouging allowed us to overcome the ammo/component shortage, but I am unwilling to do that again. So, ammo variety and availability demands that our first MDR will be a .308.

Comment

Working...
                                X