• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrDraco
    Warrior
    • Jul 2011

Originally posted by zekers7 View Post
    any word on release date for this rifle?
    The rifle was released late Aug.

Comment

• xlcc
      Warrior
      • Feb 2016

Any of the 6.5 Grendel Howa Mini action rifles sent to Canada yet?

Comment

• Sputnik
        Warrior
        • May 2013

Eastern Outfitters in Jacksonville NC received 4 HB Howa Grendels last Friday. 2 black ($518) and 2 Highlanders ($658). I got the last Black. Surprised on how "small" and light it was. Not as cheap as Whittakers $456ish, but Whittakers is sold out.

Comment

• Stevil
          Banned
          • Dec 2015

Thought I'd throw this 3 shot group of some 155gr Lapua Mega's I shot on the weekend, it hints at the potential of the lovely fast 1 in 8 twist Barrel Howa has used. Now dont get too excited by the prospects of this being some sort of Hunting load as it was only 22gr of AR2208 as we had too seat it real real deep, Velocity was 1900fps, distance 110yds.

Was just a bit of laugh loading up the 155gr Lapua Mega as its my favorite medium game slayer Ive used for over a decade in Swede's and 260 rems.

Comment

• lrgrendel
            Warrior
            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Stevil View Post
            Thought I'd throw this 3 shot group of some 155gr Lapua Mega's I shot on the weekend, it hints at the potential of the lovely fast 1 in 8 twist Barrel Howa has used. Now dont get too excited by the prospects of this being some sort of Hunting load as it was only 22gr of AR2208 as we had too seat it real real deep, Velocity was 1900fps, distance 110yds.

Was just a bit of laugh loading up the 155gr Lapua Mega as its my favorite medium game slayer Ive used for over a decade in Swede's and 260 rems.

Very nice!

Ever tried the 6.5mm X 140 gr LAPUA NATURALIS in you Swede or 260?

I did in my Grendel ( AR ), got them going just over 2200 fps and in my Creedmoor going just over 2400 fps. (That Creedmoor Load was very light as I could not find any data online. Shot very accurate.

I am itching to get a mini action grendel with a heavy barrel. I reckon I can get these heavier bullets going faster safely with a bolt action as opposed to an AR.

Not sure if stabilization matters say out to 300 yds, but the 1/8 twist would sure suit these.

The photo is from my 1/8 Creedmoor.
            Last edited by lrgrendel; 11-15-2016, 04:25 AM.

Comment

• Stevil
              Banned
              • Dec 2015

Yep I have a few hundred on hand, I've used the 140gr Naturalis out of an old Sako L579 Rem 260 and performance on 100kg boars, Donkeys and a scrub bull was consistent and devastating, I'd still give the 155gr Mega the nod purely based on Ive killed more game with it.

Yeah Im not sure as to velocity as coal has yet to be determined......but I hope that I could get them up around 2300-2350fps. I drove the 140gr as fast as 2900fps in my 260 before backing off to 2800fps.

Comment

• Stevil
                Banned
                • Dec 2015

Damn thats a tight group at 27.5grs

Comment

Working...
                X