• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • usmcm16a2
    Warrior
    • Aug 2015

Howa, deposit down.

Folks,

Put a $150 deposit down. $608 was price quoted by Matt!!! Cannot wait to have option. A2

Comment

• Drift
      Warrior
      • Nov 2014

Is no one trying to negotiate a group buy?

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
        Warrior
        • Oct 2012

You are now Drift!!

Comment

• am4966
          Chieftain
          • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Drift View Post
          Is no one trying to negotiate a group buy?
          We will need a FFL to do the buy, since LSI doesn't sell to individuals. Then we need to know how many we need to order to get a account setup with LSI.
          12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
          Surge - Rugged Suppressor
          Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• Nick
            Warrior
            • Dec 2014

Not sure how the process would work but I'm in for 1

Comment

• southern180
              Bloodstained
              • Feb 2015

talked with local shop and was told his distributor did not show the PNs on the web, any one want to recommend a shop that will take a deposit and has an distributor that can help?

Comment

• Matt @ LSI
                Warrior
                • Nov 2015

Originally posted by southern180 View Post
                talked with local shop and was told his distributor did not show the PNs on the web, any one want to recommend a shop that will take a deposit and has an distributor that can help?
                who was the distributor? and your ffl can order directly from us.

Comment

• VASCAR2
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

Matt @ LSI can you tell me if a 6 5/8" (16.8 cm) EGW 20 MOA mount will fit a mini action. When researching mounts for Howa all I find is model 1500 short and long action mounts. I'll want a 20 MOA mount for a 6.5 Grendel mini action. If this mount won't fit do you know of a 20 MOA mount that will work with a mini action?

Comment

• Matt @ LSI
                    Warrior
                    • Nov 2015

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
                    Matt @ LSI can you tell me if a 6 5/8" (16.8 cm) EGW 20 MOA mount will fit a mini action. When researching mounts for Howa all I find is model 1500 short and long action mounts. I'll want a 20 MOA mount for a 6.5 Grendel mini action. If this mount won't fit do you know of a 20 MOA mount that will work with a mini action?
                    the only mounts we know of that will work with the mini are two piece mounts. we use leupold 0 moa 2 piece bases on our package models. we have yet to test a one piece or 20moa base for them because they simply dont exist. we have talked with one manufacturer that plans on making them, but i have no more information on that.

Last edited by Matt @ LSI; 01-15-2016, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2015

So leupold stuff works sounds like a winner to me. I like leupold's rings and bases thats what I have on my other bolt action rifles.

Comment

• VASCAR2
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Matt @ LSI View Post
                        the only mounts we know of that will work with the mini are two piece mounts. we use leupold 0 moa 2 piece bases on our package models. we have yet to test a one piece or 20moa base for them because they simply dont exist. we have talked with one manufacturer that plans on making them, but i have no more information on that.

https://www.leupold.com/hunting-shoo...gton-700-2-pc/
                        Thanks for taking the time to respond Matt, I really appreciate you being a member of this forum!

Comment

• LRRPF52
                          Super Moderator
                          • Sep 2014

I'm thinking of doing a micro M40 with one of these.

That would be a great little ubiquitous target bolt gun.
                          NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Sputnik
                            Warrior
                            • May 2013

Originally posted by adamjp View Post
                            Except that the Mini Action is smaller than the Short Action. I only know of one bloke doing rails for the Mini Action and he lives down the road from me. LSI really need to get a few thousand knocked up for the release of the Grendel.
                            Is your friend down the road making 20 MOA rails for the Howa Mini action now? If so, I think he has a captive audience ready to stand in line and pull the trigger on his product. Remember, I asked first

Comment

• LRRPF52
                              Super Moderator
                              • Sep 2014

We could organize a group buy for a 20 MOA 1-piece base for this, but we would need to have some testing done to show that it doesn't interfere with ejection, and matches perfectly to the OD of the receiver, with correctly spaced holes that are drilled and tapped to spec.
                              NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• adamjp
                                Warrior
                                • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Sputnik View Post
                                Is your friend down the road making 20 MOA rails for the Howa Mini action now? If so, I think he has a captive audience ready to stand in line and pull the trigger on his product. Remember, I asked first
                                I will enquire about a batch of 10 to 15. Be aware that whilst the exchange rate helps US buyers, postage is still a little pricey and these are a bespoke build.

They will not be at the same price point as an EGW or Weaver from Sinclairs/Midway.

Comment

Working...
                                X