Warrior
    • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Matt @ LSI View Post
    still working on getting this up on the legacy website

Comment

• Bazinga
      Bloodstained
      • May 2018

Any word on the extended capacity mags for the grendel?

Comment

• Nodak
        Warrior
        • Nov 2016

Really wanting 10rnd Grendel mags. Come on man...?...

Comment

• flatland1
          Bloodstained
          • Jun 2018

I was a bit surprised to find that Brownells is now the exclusive source for bbl'd actions. Previously, I'd been buying direct from LSI at a decent discount, which was a better price than Brownells' ffl discount. Ah well - at least when they run a special sale on something like the 7.62x39 or light sporter bbl'd 6.5 Grendel BAs, I can get one of those for less than I was paying for the same thing from LSI. It does bug me a bit to have to pay $42 for a rather flimsy plastic 5rd magazine - which is why I haven't ordered any of them. Instead, I've got another Boyds ProVarmint w/adj cheekpiece & laser stippling coming for light bbl'd 6.5 Grendel BA I bought on special from Brownells. I'll be sending this stock to CDI as a test to find out how wide their Mini DBM is, and whether the MDT 223 mags will work with the 6RAT - which is probably what I'll re-barrel this BA for. It's either that, or spring for finish & resize reamers for a 22RAT, which is really what I ought to do anyway, as I've already got 6RATs on the AR15, CZ527, & Mini platforms.
          If the MDT mags won't accept the fatter 6RAT (think miniature Dasher - 6.5 Grendel necked-down to 6mm, body blown forward .100", 40* shoulder), I'll have to wait for someone else to come out with a more versatile DBM for the Mini, and swap the RAT BA out for another 223 BA which I'll re-barrel with either a Bartlein or Krieger fast-twist bbl for 80-90gr .224 bullets.

Whatever I wind up doing, I'll probably be happy with the results - ya gotta like these Mini actions.

Comment

• VASCAR2
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Just curious if you saw the group buy on the Dip Inc. bottom metal in the group buy section. This bottom metal is designed to use the Howa polymer magazine but the Dip bottom metal looks like a very good product.

This is for an actual bottom metal for the Howa 1500 mini-action. These are made by Diversified Innovative Products Inc. (DIPinc). Below is the item description from their web site. Since this is a high demand product, we are ordering a batch of 20 directly from them so that the members of the Horde can be sure to get one.

Comment

• Bazinga
              Bloodstained
              • May 2018

Matt?
              Vascar2, I did. I'm running a chassis though. Need factory 10 for rounders.
              I looked at the cdi bottom metal but decided against it due to the issues with compatable stock. Being my first bolt gun build I wanted something "drop in"

Comment

• Sticks
                Chieftain
                • Dec 2016

The 10 rounder has been covered in other conversations, and is not going to happen. I wish they could do a double stack, but the current factory stocks and bottom plate will not accommodate a double stack.

Might want to look at either getting good at mag changes, single feeding the last 5 rounds, send out your BA and chassis to the company that makes the ACIS compatible system.

Might even contact a machine shop and see if they could custom make a steel mag that you could take the guts out of an ACS mag.

CZ IIRC uses AR15 pattern mags in their 6.5 Grendel (might have been Remington).
                Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• VASCAR2
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

I have the Cz 527 and it uses a metal single stack mag which holds five rounds. If you want a higher capacity bolt action the cheapest route is the Ruger American Predator in 6.5 Grendel. The Ruger comes supplied with a C Products Defense ten round AR-15 magazine. The Ruger has a threaded 22” hammer forged barrel IIRC. I looked at a Ruger American Predator at Dave’s Gun Shop in southern Indiana south of Holland. The Ruger will accept any capacity AR-15 6.5 Grendel magazine.

I liked the way the Ruger shouldered and was seriously considering a Howa in a chassis when I saw a Friend had a Cz 527 6.5 Grendel on consignment at a LGS. The Friend made me an offer I couldn’t refuse and so far I really like the Cz.

Comment

• grayfox
                    Chieftain
                    • Jan 2017

My hope is that when the PDI bottom metal comes, it will drop right in and I won't have to mod the Boyds stock I've got... but that's b/c my GS already fixed it for the howa bottom-plastic...
                    If I do have to do anything I'll have to figure out using the new dremel "mini-drill press" thingy I bought; maybe I'll be able to grind out any extra unneeded wood...
                    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Bazinga
                      Bloodstained
                      • May 2018

If a pipe dream, not sure why Matt specifically mentioned in the initial post.
                      Hopefully he respondes at some point...

Comment

• Bazinga
                        Bloodstained
                        • May 2018

Matt? Any updates on this or are we sol?

Comment

• Bazinga
                          Bloodstained
                          • May 2018

Disappointed in the lack of customer service from Howa. No response from there CS dept either. Hopefully i never need warranty support.

Comment

• grayfox
                            Chieftain
                            • Jan 2017

Update on mine: I received the DIP bottom metal and it's dropped in great, torques to spec, doesn't warp or crack like the plastic. The Howa function test at the range was flawless. I have it in my Boyds stock, pro varmint.

This DIP Inc bottom metal is by far the part that Howa should have made!!!
                            Even the loose/easy-to-drop mag problem is fixed by the DIP part. Nice and tight, no clatter or wobble.

Comment

• PA452
                              Bloodstained
                              • Mar 2018

Originally posted by grayfox View Post
                              Update on mine: I received the DIP bottom metal and it's dropped in great, torques to spec, doesn't warp or crack like the plastic. The Howa function test at the range was flawless. I have it in my Boyds stock, pro varmint.

This DIP Inc bottom metal is by far the part that Howa should have made!!!
                              Even the loose/easy-to-drop mag problem is fixed by the DIP part. Nice and tight, no clatter or wobble.
                              Did you have to modify the Boyd's stock at all?

Comment

• grayfox
                                Chieftain
                                • Jan 2017

Actually yes, it was when I first got it -- I had to get my smith to shave off some wood down where the bottom plastic mounts so the mag would rise up enough to chamber rounds. About 0.050" give or take IIRC. So when I put the DIP metal in it fit right away.

Comment

Working...
                                X