• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Swampfox
    Warrior
    • Sep 2018

Grendel BCG

Has anyone used a Cryptic coated 6.5 Type 1 bcg?
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Didn't know there was a such thing as a type 1 bcg.

The stupid type 1 type 2 stuff is for the bolt face, BHW started that junk mess.

Any mil spec ar15 bcg will work with the grendel, it's the bolt type you have to get correct with the chamber, some barrels are set for a .125 bolt face and the grendel uses the mk136 bolt face depth.

Sammi chambered grendels should be made to use the mk136 bolt face depth.

As far as the coating never heard of it, I guess it would be user preference on that, all my bcg's have the typical mil spec coatings, work fine for me.

Maybe post a pic of the product in question.

Hope this helps sir.

Comment

• Swampfox
      Warrior
      • Sep 2018

As you stated it all depends on the bolt face. CC just refers to them as type 1 and type 2 to mean the different bolts. All of CCs BCGs are made by Toolcraft.https://www.crypticcoatings.com/coat...carrier-group/
      Last edited by Swampfox; 09-12-2018, 10:37 PM.

Comment

• Dead Center Miss
        Warrior
        • Sep 2018

A Grendal for long range hunting? How long of range are we talking?

Comment

• Bigs28
          Chieftain
          • Feb 2016

I just got my type 2 in the mail yesterday. 0.136. Going to shoot it tomorrow. I got mystic bronze. It took 8 months to get it but is really nice. Very slick.

Comment

• Swampfox
            Warrior
            • Sep 2018

Comment

• Swampfox
              Warrior
              • Sep 2018

Originally posted by Bigs28 View Post
              I just got my type 2 in the mail yesterday. 0.136. Going to shoot it tomorrow. I got mystic bronze. It took 8 months to get it but is really nice. Very slick.
              Let me know what you think please

Comment

• Dead Center Miss
                Warrior
                • Sep 2018

Originally posted by Swampfox View Post
                Any where out to 700 yards. I hunt from NC to Colorado for different types of game. Example tomorrow morning I’m hunting with my long bow for Whitetails, and in about 2 months I’ll be in Colorado on game land hunting Elk and Mule deer I’ll probably be using my 300 OSSM.
                Personally I think the Grendal is a bit light for anything past about 400 yards. But then again, I grew up in alaska where most things want to eat you.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2015

As you stated it all depends on the bolt face. CC just refers to them as type 1 and type 2 to mean the different bolts. All of CCs BCGs are made by Toolcraft.https://www.crypticcoatings.com/coat...carrier-group/. I’m looking to build a 6.5 Grendel for long range hunting. I’m also not sure of what brand of barrel to go with, but I know I want a 24in barrel. I have looked at Satern, Brownells, and Lilja barrels.
                  I would pass on satern, brownells barrels or liberty/satern I would pass on them as well, been there done that won't own a barrel with that chamber again.

Any of the barrels offered by PF in a length of 24inch or maybe a 22 inch JP barrel are might could make it happen with any number of the 20 inch barrels on the market that have the true grendel chamber.

Got a great 20 inch for sale in the group buy section right now, mine is showing great potential almost ready to take a day at the range to just slow fire groups and do load work up with it.

Hope this helps sir

Comment

• Swampfox
                    Warrior
                    • Sep 2018

Originally posted by Dead Center Miss View Post
                    Personally I think the Grendal is a bit light for anything past about 400 yards. But then again, I grew up in alaska where most things want to eat you.
                    Hey I use 22 hornets to hunt whitetails every once in a while.

Comment

• Swampfox
                      Warrior
                      • Sep 2018

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
                      I would pass on satern, brownells barrels or liberty/satern I would pass on them as well, been there done that won't own a barrel with that chamber again.

Any of the barrels offered by PF in a length of 24inch or maybe a 22 inch JP barrel are might could make it happen with any number of the 20 inch barrels on the market that have the true grendel chamber.

Got a great 20 inch for sale in the group buy section right now, mine is showing great potential almost ready to take a day at the range to just slow fire groups and do load work up with it.

Hope this helps sir
                      What about Lilja barrels? Also sir why would you not own a barrel with that chamber?

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2015

PF sells barrels made from lijia blanks as well, and a barrel straight from lijia would be good to go as well.

The one I had gave high pressure no matter what factory ammo I tryed, wasn't into loading when I first got into grendel.

If you want more detail data on why I don't sujest that chamber do a simple Google search here on satarn/liberty and the grendel II chamber, that will give you plenty to read up on.

Comment

• Bigs28
                          Chieftain
                          • Feb 2016

Let me know what you think please
                          I really like the CC BCG. It is very slick to hold onto. Cleans up by just whiping it off. I posted my pictures here.

I ordered one of the 12" Faxon barrels A LONG time ago. Finally got my tax stamp back at the end of March. Over the last month I have been gathering the rest of the parts and assembled the rifle to where I could go shoot it taking my BCG and Charging handle from my 16" Grendel. Current build pieces Tax stamped

Comment

• Swampfox
                            Warrior
                            • Sep 2018

What is a good quality BCG a 6.5 Grendel? Toolcraft?

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                              Chieftain
                              • Mar 2015

Any mil spec bcg will work and get your bolts from AA,PF,JP,Lijia or Maxim firearms.

Toolcraft and from my understanding Odion both use a non standard length fireing pin.

The company's listed above bolts work with a standard length fireing pin.

Edit to add of you want a lowmass stripped bcg you can get one from righttobear arms for 60 bucks.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                              X