X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SDW
    Warrior
    • Jul 2018

FWIW, I don't have a spare BCG sitting around, so I just bought a full BCG from Palmetto, on sale. One of their "Premium" versions. in NiB and also just in 5.56. And I bought the bolt itself, on sale, from Ballistic Advantage at the same time that I bought my 6.5G barrel from them. Combined the parts as required.

My own plan is not to jump in with all kinds of mods right away. Regular 'mil spec' BCG running in a rifle-buffer lower, 20" barrel with rifle gas system, no adjustment on the gas block, no muzzle brake. I'm curious to see how it shoots in this basic config, and if I can live with it before I begin tweaking things. Have not fired it yet and I'm genuinely curious about the recoil. Never fired anything out of an AR15 except 5.56/.223. I'm sure it'll be lighter than .303br though. And .44 Mag out of my Marlin.

Kinda wishing I'd sprung for an adjustable gas block because it seems there's no downside to it... except that the good ones ain't cheap. But oh well.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

Wojteckweaponry they have adjustable gas blocks both clamp on and set screw type for under 40 bucks they work great.

Comment

• Swampfox
        Warrior
        • Sep 2018

Originally posted by SDW View Post
        FWIW, I don't have a spare BCG sitting around, so I just bought a full BCG from Palmetto, on sale. One of their "Premium" versions. in NiB and also just in 5.56. And I bought the bolt itself, on sale, from Ballistic Advantage at the same time that I bought my 6.5G barrel from them. Combined the parts as required.

My own plan is not to jump in with all kinds of mods right away. Regular 'mil spec' BCG running in a rifle-buffer lower, 20" barrel with rifle gas system, no adjustment on the gas block, no muzzle brake. I'm curious to see how it shoots in this basic config, and if I can live with it before I begin tweaking things. Have not fired it yet and I'm genuinely curious about the recoil. Never fired anything out of an AR15 except 5.56/.223. I'm sure it'll be lighter than .303br though. And .44 Mag out of my Marlin.

Kinda wishing I'd sprung for an adjustable gas block because it seems there's no downside to it... except that the good ones ain't cheap. But oh well.
        I love the superlative arms adjustable gas block. They are roughly $80, but in MHO they are well worth the cost. I will always use them on every build I do.

Comment

• Swampfox
          Warrior
          • Sep 2018

I just wanted to pass on information on Toolcraft 6.5 Grendel BCG. Here is the response I got from Toolcraft on their 6.5 BCG.
          Hi William,

Our 6.5 Grendel used to take a different firing pin. We don't use that vendor any more. Ours uses a regular firing pin.

Customer Service

(828) 659-7379
          (828) 659-7329 Fax
          sales@toolcraftinc.com

Comment

• Swampfox
            Warrior
            • Sep 2018

Originally posted by Bigs28 View Post
            Swampfox and a5 sent first messages. So i will get in touch with you tomorrow afternoon.
            Bigs did you find the bolt?

Comment

• Bigs28
              Chieftain
              • Feb 2016

I already sent you a pm. But yes

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Swampfox View Post
                I just wanted to pass on information on Toolcraft 6.5 Grendel BCG. Here is the response I got from Toolcraft on their 6.5 BCG.
                Hi William,

Our 6.5 Grendel used to take a different firing pin. We don't use that vendor any more. Ours uses a regular firing pin.

Customer Service

(828) 659-7379
                (828) 659-7329 Fax
                sales@toolcraftinc.com
                They must have just made the change in the last two weeks because the rifle I built for my bro I finished it barely 3 weeks ago and used a toolcraft 6.5 grendel bcg from joebobs and it had the different length fireing pin.

Also of note their bolt would not fit in any of the other bcg's I have. Tryed it in a jp lowmass and a rtba lowmass and it seemed to long for the bcg's and would not go in deep enough to get the cam pin in the bolt.
                Last edited by A5BLASTER; 09-26-2018, 01:15 AM.

Comment

• Swampfox
                  Warrior
                  • Sep 2018

A5 I have no clue, but that is the email they sent me yesterday.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Swampfox View Post
                    A5 I have no clue, but that is the email they sent me yesterday.
                    No worries, glad to see they are getting with the program is all, it eliminates one more problem is all.

Comment

• Popeye212
                      Chieftain
                      • Jan 2018

I have 3 Toolcraft BCG's the .223 is 3.276 the Grendel 3.278 I'll measure the other one when after next range session. Just looked up milspec at shows it at 3.277. Neither of mine are "short" and they are around 6 mos. old.

Comment

• Swampfox
                        Warrior
                        • Sep 2018

Questions nitride or a nickel Boron cam pin? Chrome or nitride firing pin? Looking to finish up my RTB LM BCG.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2015

Fireing pin chromed
                          Cam pin I just get the nitrideed one but I guess the nickle boron one would work just as good, never tired them before.

Comment

Working...
                          X