Clear All
  • Fredman
    Warrior
    • Sep 2014

Comment

• Fredman
      Warrior
      • Sep 2014

Here is a photo of my Pie Bald and another of a blood trail.
      Attached Files

Comment

• riuma
        Warrior
        • Jun 2018

I have hammered every mule deer I've pointed my CZ Grendel at. ~Riuma

Comment

• Remington Jim
          Bloodstained
          • Apr 2020

Originally posted by riuma View Post
          Right on ~ with using what Bullet ?

Comment

• SDguy
            Warrior
            • Oct 2015

Hammer just may be a major factor here worth focusing on.

Originally posted by riuma View Post

I used the Hammer bullet for the 1st time last year. The 6mm 87 grain Absolute hammer was my choice. So I have only took two deer so far with this bullet. As things worked out each deer was shot at roughly 100 yards. Liked the terminal effect so much I may have a hard time giving the 6,5 offerings a try in the Grendel.

IMHO we are splitting hairs when attempting to give one of these more terminal credibility over the other on Deer sized game. Either the 6mm ARC or the 6.5 Grendel can Hammer just fine, dare I say amazingly effective.

Comment

• JASmith
              Chieftain
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by SDguy View Post
              I used the Hammer bullet for the 1st time last year. The 6mm 87 grain Absolute hammer was my choice. So I have only took two deer so far with this bullet. As things worked out each deer was shot at roughly 100 yards. Liked the terminal effect so much I may have a hard time giving the 6,5 offerings a try in the Grendel.

IMHO we are splitting hairs when attempting to give one of these more terminal credibility over the other on Deer sized game. Either the 6mm ARC or the 6.5 Grendel can Hammer just fine, dare I say amazingly effective.
              The 87 gr lead free expanding bullets are fine for all deer. Going with 87 gr cup and core bullets on larger deer may not result on the same success rate.
              shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
              -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• SDguy
                Warrior
                • Oct 2015

Originally posted by JASmith View Post
                The 87 gr lead free expanding bullets are fine for all deer. Going with 87 gr cup and core bullets on larger deer may not result on the same success rate.
                Agreed!

Comment

• rickt300
                  Warrior
                  • Jan 2017

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
                  Maybe I should run for president lmao.
                  Personally I think you would be magnificent compared to the current WH resident.

Comment

• SDguy
                    Warrior
                    • Oct 2015

Originally posted by rickt300 View Post
                    Personally I think you would be magnificent compared to the current WH resident.
                    Given where the bar has been set, I fear he may be over-qualified for the job. Would not personally mind if we chose to raise the bar. Seems we have a lot of east & left coast voters who do not approve of raising the bar

Comment

• Zeneffect
                      Chieftain
                      • May 2020

Originally posted by SDguy View Post
                      Given where the bar has been set, I fear he may be over-qualified for the job. Would not personally mind if we chose to raise the bar. Seems we have a lot of east & left coast voters who do not approve of raising the bar
                      I've been banned from next-door for raising the bar of speculation and feelings to actually providing facts and evidence. You are quite correct in they prefer to live in a echo chamber of perpetual stupidity.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                        Super Moderator
                        • Sep 2014

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• rickt300
                          Warrior
                          • Jan 2017

I got my 6Grendel to shoot coyotes with and burn up my supply of 6mm bullets. Really liking it. Still planning on using the 6.5 Grendel for deer/hog this fall where I can use a rifle. Have to say I like both rounds a lot.

Comment

• Stinky Coyote
                            Warrior
                            • Dec 2017

Originally posted by rickt300 View Post
                            I got my 6Grendel to shoot coyotes with and burn up my supply of 6mm bullets. Really liking it. Still planning on using the 6.5 Grendel for deer/hog this fall where I can use a rifle. Have to say I like both rounds a lot.
                            well played, sounds perfect

Comment

• jackRyan
                              Bloodstained
                              • May 2020

I know this is an older post, but I am thinking about my birthday or Christmas wish. Listening Santa? A good 6.5 Grendel Bolt, or a 6mm ARC upper. I am not a frequent 1000 yard/meter shooter. but i do hunt. To be honest i am a 6.5 Grendel lover, BUT that being said, Hornady has the 6mm arc as compared to the 224 Valkyrie and the 6.5 Grendel. The 6mm ARC wins out in almost every catigory over the other two. Less drop and windage, and more foot pounds of energy, and more speed. Not a lot more than a Grendel, BUT if I were shooting long range, say over 600 yards, I would give the nod to the ARC. The thot for the moment is this one two part question. What will the 6 ARC become after as much time and development as the 6.5 Grendel, and will it ever be an intrest on a large enough scale to even begin doing so. Not much 6mm ARC shelf ammo. The 6.5 grendel has a decent amount of companies selling it. Hand loaders are lovin the 6.5 Grendel and seeing its limits easily surpass any shelf ammo for it. As for the 6mm ARC in a bolt, I would just go with a good old 243 Winchester with 50 grains of powder compared to 30 grains for the 6mm ARC, and 243 velocities ranging from 2900(90 grain boolit)-3900(50 grain boolit) feet per second vs 2300-2750 feet per second for the 6mm arc. Of course those velocities are with 20 inch barrels.The 243 is known as a white tail deer slayer when using a 90 grain boolit. Watched my bro inlaw drop more than a few bucks with a one shot knockdown, with not more than a short leap and face plant. Oh well, decisions, decisions decisions.of course those velocities are with 20 inch barrels.
                              Last edited by jackRyan; 09-10-2023, 05:30 PM.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                                Administrator
                                • Feb 2011

If you go with a bolt, go with Howa's Micro-Action and have some FUN! Sounds like you're partial to the 6mm for this use, so I think Howa has a 6mm ARC. Deer-killing ability isn't the issue between the .243 Win and the 6mm ARC; one will do as well as the other. If you really want a long-range 6mm, go with 6mm Creedmoor rather than .243 Win.
                                :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

Working...
                                X