• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buck2732
    Warrior
    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
    Naw, we breed to fast! Can't kill enough of us fast enough to not overwhelm the resource pool with bare fists!
    Any way some one would only cheat and use a stone or something :-) you know that rules are made to be broken.
    Buck2732

"You will know you are in a nuclear attack by the bright flash, loud explosion, widespread destruction, intense heat, strong winds and the rising of a mushroom cloud".

"I have no idea what weapons will be used in the next world war... but I do know that world war 4 will be fought with sticks and stones". A Einstein.

PER ARDUA

Comment

• Variable
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

I'll cheat and bring a Grendel!
      Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
      We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

Hearts and minds? Even my 15 y/o daughter knows that when you grab them by their balls, their hearts and minds will follow!

Comment

Originally posted by hm2 clark View Post
          Hearts and minds? Even my 15 y/o daughter knows that when you grab them by their balls, their hearts and minds will follow!
          They will actually love you in the third wolrd when you brutalize a few miscreants in front of everyone else. They are always yearning for Alpha males to crack skulls and regulate the herd-totally different mindset than America.

Comment

• bwaites
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
            They will actually love you in the third wolrd when you brutalize a few miscreants in front of everyone else. They are always yearning for Alpha males to crack skulls and regulate the herd-totally different mindset than America.
            Not so sure that most Americans aren't going there as well, too many seem just fine with Czars and Presidents who think that the Constitution doesn't exist!

Comment

Back on blasters. I recently had the opportunity to blast away with a 16" HK416, and it handled totally different than the 10" HK416. It wasn't too bad, actually. Recoil impulse is still different than a DI gun, but it was much smoother, at least with the ammo I was shooting. I was able to keep a magazine of ammo within a 4" circle as fast as I could pull the trigger at 7m, standing.

I still prefer the recoil impulse of the DI AR15, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings too much if the longer-barrel 416 was all I had to choose from. Because of magazine limitations, it still is an inappropriate choice for an Auto Rifleman weapon.

I also had a chance to blast away with a Surefire 60rd mag, and it malf'd the 1st time I have shot with one. Here's my shocked face.....

Comment

• Michael
                Warrior
                • Jan 2012

LRRPF52 - sorry you had that experience w/ the surefire mag. I was given the opportunity to test some a while back - pulled 4 out of a box (shipped to buddy at CLNC for evaluation), loaded them up with a variety of ammo (x2, first mag let set overnight, MilSpec 5.56, tracer, Bear and foreign mil surplus, total 480rds fired) and had no issues w/ exception of the bolt not locking to the rear on two of the magazines when empty. My spin? Not as good as P-Mags, but as good as majority of USGI mags I have been issued.
                I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.
                - Voltaire

Comment

Having read a few reviews of the Surefire 60rd mag, I noticed other shooters saying they have experienced malfs as well, including the ill-fated "nose-dive" malf. When that happens, you're totally screwed. There is also video of a guy in competition blasting away from stage-to-stage, until his SF60 mag craps the bed on him. He attempts to correct the malf, and it only gets worse, so he literally tosses it over his shoulder and goes to a standard magazine.

Here's another:

My scepticism of any "coffin" or quad-stack magazine is based on the experiences the Finns had with them in the Konepistooli Kp31 SMG. Basically, they were banned from use on the war front due to their propensity for having FTFeed issues.

Magpul has also submitted patents for a quad-stack magazine, but I have not seen it yet on the market. US Palm has them for the AK, and I saw them at SHOT, but have yet to test them. They claimed theirs works, so we'll see.

As for me, I would personally choose not to use such a mag if my life or competitive rating depended on it. I love Surefire products, but I believe this one is a potential for major heartache if issued to soldiers. I really wish they would work like other mags do. My position is solidified by the fact the one and only time I have shot the SF60, it had a FTFeed malf.

Comment

• usmc1371
                    Warrior
                    • Aug 2011

if you want a coffin mag. just get a belt fed grendel.

Comment

• stanc
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by usmc1371 View Post
                      just get a belt fed grendel.
                      Ah, if only that mythical beast actually existed...

Comment

• lrgrendel
                        Warrior
                        • Jul 2013

That 2nd video has it has a max range of 3600M????
                        Am I reading this wrong????

Comment

• alicea8541
                          Bloodstained
                          • Sep 2014

Marine Corps usually gives two ranges for weapons.

Max Effective Range= how far you can engage target
                          Max Range= how far the bullet will travel

example for an M16A2

Max effective= 800 meters
                          Max range= 3534 meters
                          Last edited by alicea8541; 06-03-2016, 04:17 AM.
                          JADE Precision, LLC
                          Military and Technical Development Advisor
                          Sponsors: Athlon Optics, Etymotic Research, and Kestrel Meters

Comment

• ah1whiskey
                            Warrior
                            • Sep 2015

Originally posted by stanc View Post
                            I'd say it's not really stupid, but is instead an example of equipping to fight the last war.

The IAR actually makes a lot of sense for the requirements of urban combat that Marines encountered in Iraq:

However, the IAR is a poor choice to provide sustained, supporting fires needed for the long range fights in Afghanistan:

true and i can recall another m16-lmg in the pre saw days == it was a poor excuse for a real LMG

a belt fed LMG would be better -- what about that kinght light weight LMG in 6.5 grendel??--lol

Comment

• dwalters66
                              Unwashed
                              • Oct 2016

An old thread but i want to add something. The adoption of a magazine fed infantry automatic weapon to replace belt fed light machine guns (SAWs) opens the way up for ht 6.5 Grendel. One of the problems of the 6.5 gr is that it is very difficult to adapt to metal linked ammo. Saudi Arabia actually considered the 6.5 gr but dropped the issue after it was determined that it was out of the question for belt fed SAWs.

Now, with the Marines adopting the M27, this all needs to be reconsidered.

Comment

Working...
                              X