• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mel
    Chieftain
    • Nov 2019

Originally posted by GREYBUFF View Post
    Wish I had a source for disc's. I think I'm down to 3 left. I use them to make camping woks. This is the first one I 've used for a target.
    id ship ya some if i didnt think the cost would be outrageous, can check for ya if u want

Comment

• GREYBUFF
      Warrior
      • Nov 2018

Originally posted by mel View Post
      id ship ya some if i didnt think the cost would be outrageous, can check for ya if u want
      I appreciate the offer Mel, but shipping would be outrageous. I just need to head 50 mile sw and hit some farmers up and see what I can get. Again thanks for the offer.....paul
      I thought about selling my weapons back to the government, but after a thorough background check it was determined that the buyer has a long history of violence and is mentally unstable. Therefore could not pass NICS.

Comment

• mel
        Chieftain
        • Nov 2019

[IMG][/IMG]

meh im just going to go for it end of the week no matter what ill be dealing with atleast 10mph winds im hoping to also try 2000y this weekend

Comment

• Cereal Thriller
          Bloodstained
          • Feb 2019

Excited to see this shot,

I have a box of special loads waiting for the 1500 yard mark, if it ever stops raining long enough to allow me to drive at my shooting range to set up my targets. If the 1500 goes well I plan to go after the 1760 mark myself. Should be interesting as all my data shows my bullet almost dropping faster than going forward

Just good plain fun enjoying the fruits of your hobbies of shooting and reloading.

Comment

• mel
            Chieftain
            • Nov 2019

I just replaced my gong today right now it's warm and sunny out with a very very light breeze hoping to get this done today

Comment

• mel
              Chieftain
              • Nov 2019

One fresh box of 140's loaded for tonight

Comment

• mel
                Chieftain
                • Nov 2019

It's officially done got the hits video when I get home

Comment

• FLshooter
                  Chieftain
                  • Jun 2019

Originally posted by mel View Post
                  It's officially done got the hits video when I get home
                  Looking forward to it!

Comment

• mel
                    Chieftain
                    • Nov 2019

late night last ill get to it at some point today ive got a whole set of videos i need to trim and post , first thing first gota head over to the shop and replace the headgasket on one of my dirtbikes

Comment

• mel
                      Chieftain
                      • Nov 2019

may as well post this here too this was earlier in the day before i went after the 1 mile mark

1760 video in progress should be up tonight also

Comment

• mel
                        Chieftain
                        • Nov 2019

first shot is clipped out of the video by accident gota upload the rest of them as well did this one last night and forgot to post

scope is starting to freak out u can see the reticle move after the one shot like it recalculated and moved the reticle not sure what that was all about
                        Last edited by mel; 04-29-2020, 03:22 AM.

Comment

• A.D.D. AR
                          Warrior
                          • Oct 2014

Mel-- I can definitely tell you nailed it. nice work! so cool. I may be out long range shooting this weekend- unless the crops are being planted, then I 'll have to settle for fishing or 100yd load development, lol.
                          again, nice work, thanks for posting!

Comment

• mel
                            Chieftain
                            • Nov 2019

Originally posted by A.D.D. AR View Post
                            Mel-- I can definitely tell you nailed it. nice work! so cool. I may be out long range shooting this weekend- unless the crops are being planted, then I 'll have to settle for fishing or 100yd load development, lol.
                            again, nice work, thanks for posting!
                            ty ima hopefully be out doing some more today myself , i still have more videos of this to upload , im going to start putting my gopro out 50ft from the gong when i do theese

Comment

• Sticks
                              Chieftain
                              • Dec 2016

Necro thread...sorry.

Well done Mel. Transonic and impact at 1760 with 140s.

I did not read all posts, what size is that gong?

You also may have just sold me on the ATN scope. I've been pondering it for a while, just need to do a little research to see how fast one can dial in 6 different ranges in with a 120 second time limit, also need to see if they have a standard mil xmas tree reticle for holdovers. One shot, hit or miss, move on to the next target.
                              Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• mel
                                Chieftain
                                • Nov 2019

Originally posted by Sticks View Post
                                Necro thread...sorry.

Well done Mel. Transonic and impact at 1760 with 140s.

I did not read all posts, what size is that gong?

You also may have just sold me on the ATN scope. I've been pondering it for a while, just need to do a little research to see how fast one can dial in 6 different ranges in with a 120 second time limit, also need to see if they have a standard mil xmas tree reticle for holdovers. One shot, hit or miss, move on to the next target.
                                ty

the gong is 18 inch in diam, i now have a 6 and 10" up alongside the 18

with the handheld lrf or scope/rail mounted abl rf u can range each target within 1-3 seconds each abl deff being better specially if u want one to use at night

the 4k pros have a customizable mildot reticle , but its a std reticle not an xmas tree and is also ffp , i do not liek the reticle atleast not for lr shooting , instead of moving the reticle to poa it puts a lil green dot in the reticle were u would hold , so at longer ranges if the dot is was low u cant fully zoom the scope in, had they made it sfp i would use it.

however one of the atn groups im in a guy has figured out how to hack and edit the scopes firmware and u can now make ur own reticles, when i have more time after the holidays im going to get more involved with making custom firmwares and adding features into the scope that i would like for lr target shooting

Comment

Working...
                                X