X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bigs28
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2016

How much is the nikon? Every scope that i currently own is a Nikon. Same with my range finder. I can tell you i will never buy another nikon. Every scope has cost more but felt cheaper and had more problems then the previous.

A $600 budget can buy you a vortex.

Comment

• Peregrine
      Bloodstained
      • Dec 2017

Nikon is $650. I can’t find a Vortex in FFP with mil reticle and mil turret adjustment for that price. I don’t want Second focal plane.
      Last edited by Peregrine; 04-12-2018, 02:20 AM.
      Gun control means using both hands.

Comment

• 98Z
        Warrior
        • Jan 2018

The Nikon is good. I've got the SFP model in 6-24, the Black X1000. The new Nikon stuff is very, very good- you won't be disappointed.

Comment

• mdewitt71
          Warrior
          • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Peregrine View Post
          Nikon is $650. I can’t find a Vortex in FFP with mil reticle and mil turret adjustment for that price. I don’t want Second focal plane.
          Nikon sets a great standard in glassworks quality....
          Again I like Vortex but, You won't hear the term Vortex Glass or Leopold Glass.
          Yu can sure bet "Nikon Glass" is their own and is world class Optic and camera quality for most of their lineup.
          ― George Orwell

Comment

• BjornF16
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2011

Originally posted by mdewitt71 View Post
            Nikon sets a great standard in glassworks quality....
            Again I like Vortex but, You won't hear the term Vortex Glass or Leopold Glass.
            Yu can sure bet "Nikon Glass" is their own and is world class Optic and camera quality for most of their lineup.
            How many scope manufacturers actually make their own "glass"?

Nightforce doesn't make their own glass (it is either German or Japanese). I wouldn't say NF is a poor scope just because they don't make it themselves.
            LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
            Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

• jhoyda
              Bloodstained
              • Aug 2017

Nikon. FFP mil/mil. What do you guys think? Any scope ring/mount recommendations?

Considering this mount.
              I was dead set on an SWFA 3-15 FFP then found out about the Nikon FX1000. I just ordered the exact scope you listed. FYI, SWFA has them on sale right now for $582. The SWFA 3-15 is also on on sale at $559.

Comment

• mdewitt71
                Warrior
                • Dec 2016

Originally posted by BjornF16 View Post
                How many scope manufacturers actually make their own "glass"?

Nightforce doesn't make their own glass (it is either German or Japanese). I wouldn't say NF is a poor scope just because they don't make it themselves.
                Nikon and some Pentax for sure and one other off the top of my head..... can't think of the name.
                I do not think the other two are even close to Nikon Glass.
                Not calling NF junk at all, I have one but, I think Nikon glass is better than ALOT of others out for the $$$.

The Nikon FX1000 6-24 FFP sure has me interested quite a bit.
                I don't even have a rifle that needs an optic but, thinking of buying one just to try it out.
                ― George Orwell

Comment

• mdewitt71
                  Warrior
                  • Dec 2016

Nikon. FFP mil/mil. What do you guys think? Any scope ring/mount recommendations?

Considering this mount.
                  I am very interested in the FX1000 myself.....

I do have the SPR mount you linked to, on my Grendel and like it.
                  Very light and so far seems to be holding up.
                  ― George Orwell

Comment

• jwynn481
                    Bloodstained
                    • Feb 2018

I have a fx1000 on my 22-250 and it's bada$$. You won't be disappointed whatsoever. I also own a leupold vx6hd, nightforce nxs, and a couple of vortex scopes, this scope is on par with my vortex pst for sure. It gives you a ton of features for a really good price, in my opinion it's a very good scope at a very good price.
                    Last edited by jwynn481; 04-20-2018, 01:29 AM.

Comment

• mdewitt71
                      Warrior
                      • Dec 2016

Originally posted by jwynn481 View Post
                      I have a fx1000 on my 22-250 and it's bada$$. You won't be disappointed whatsoever. I also own a leupold vx6hd, nightforce nxs, and a couple of vortex scopes, this scope is on par with my vortex pst for sure. It gives you a ton of features for a really good price, in my opinion it's a very good scope at a very good price.
                      Good to hear it......
                      Nikon Glass is always impressive in their upper models, I love my Monarch 3 and 5s.
                      How is the turrets and tracking on the FX1000?
                      ― George Orwell

Comment

• jwynn481
                        Bloodstained
                        • Feb 2018

so far so good, firm with an audible click. Honestly i haven't done much dialing with it, i haven't shot that rifle beyond 350 yards and with it being a 22-250 i don't really need to dial much at that distance.

Comment

• Popeye212
                          Chieftain
                          • Jan 2018

Just read an article in another forum. The FX1000's are made in the Phillipines. Athlons are made in Japan.

Comment

• mdewitt71
                            Warrior
                            • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Popeye212 View Post
                            Just read an article in another forum. The FX1000's are made in the Phillipines. Athlons are made in Japan.
                            Yes Black are made in Phillipines but No Athlons are not made in Japan... Maybe the very top end Chronos but not the others.
                            ― George Orwell

Comment

• jhoyda
                              Bloodstained
                              • Aug 2017

Originally posted by mdewitt71 View Post
                              Yes Black are made in Phillipines but No Athlons are not made in Japan... Maybe the very top end Chronos but not the others.
                              According to this unsubstantiated internet post (12th from top), Cronus is made in Japan everything else China.

http://www.opticstalk.com/athlon-rifle-scopes_topic42523.html

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                                Chieftain
                                • Oct 2016

Originally posted by jhoyda View Post
                                According to this unsubstantiated internet post (12th from top), Cronus is made in Japan everything else China.

http://www.opticstalk.com/athlon-rifle-scopes_topic42523.html
                                When I spoke to them, this is what I was told. So, for me, substantiated and corroborated. Though, I understand the whole internet never gets anything wrong thing...
                                Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

Working...
                                X