What optic are you running on your AR pistol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BCHunter
    Warrior
    • Jan 2018

What optic are you running on your AR pistol?

As I'm completing my first AR Pistol build, just curious on what everyone is running on there AR Pistol?
    What do you use if for? What are the pro's and con's of what your using? What do you feel is your effective range with it.

I have a leopuold 1.75-6 vx-3 that I'll run to see how I like it. and a Ultra dot, Match red dot I'll try.
    Curious about the 3X or 5X prism sights?
  • grayfox
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2017

Curious also... watching this thread.
    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• AZHTfreak
      Warrior
      • Jan 2017

DOJ+FBI+IRS+AFT=NKVD. Joe Stalin and Lavrentiy Pavlovich Beria are tap dancing in hell right now...

Comment

• BCHunter
        Warrior
        • Jan 2018

This is also one I've been considering and I think would fill multiple roles,...my biggest reservation is it weighs 16.5 oz plus mount. The VX-3 that I have to test is 10.9 oz. Everything is a compromise one way or another I guess.

Comment

• mdewitt71
          Warrior
          • Dec 2016

Vortex Spitfire... Etched and Illuminated; not useless if the battery dies.

I do have the Vortex 1-8 Strike Eagle on my daughter's AR and she is really liking it.
          I already want one for me.....
          ― George Orwell

Comment

• Jakal
            Warrior
            • May 2014

""Come taste my Shillelagh you goat-eatin bastard!""

Comment

• kpswihart
              Warrior
              • Dec 2016

The Vortex SE 1-8 seems to work well so far with my 12". Still playing with things and have only two range sessions so YMMV. I am happy so far.

Comment

• Randy99CL
                Warrior
                • Oct 2017

If you don't need a lighted reticle the best deal out there is the Weaver Grand Slam 2-8x36mm at Natchez. A month ago I bought one for $190 while MSRP is $590.

The Grand Slam series is their highest level and the glass is amazing. It's fairly light at 15oz.
                You can choose from 3 different reticles at different prices. I like the SH/MZ EBX.
                "In any war, political or battlefield; truth is the first casualty."

Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

Comment

• AZHTfreak
                  Warrior
                  • Jan 2017

Thanks for everyone's input and opinions - why I enjoy this forum! What struck me about the SE 1-8 was its actual 1x on the short end combined with an 8x max (old eyes) AND a SFP illuminated reticle (extra CR2032s in the grip) at an affordable price point. Some day I hope to afford Leupold/Nightforce/Trijicon/Kahles/S&B/Zeiss grade glass, but currently... Not.
                  Last edited by AZHTfreak; 04-20-2018, 12:13 AM.
                  DOJ+FBI+IRS+AFT=NKVD. Joe Stalin and Lavrentiy Pavlovich Beria are tap dancing in hell right now...

Comment

• Tex Nomex
                    Warrior
                    • Dec 2017

Holosun 503C + cheap, insanely bright green laser underneath.
                    300BLK
                    It's a pistol.
                    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
                    -- Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers at 184-188

Comment

• BCHunter
                      Warrior
                      • Jan 2018

The 3-9 X40 zeiss conquest was my goto scope before it was discontinued.. Think I have 3 or 4, I do have one 3-9X50 mil dot Zeiss conguest on my .243 and while I love the set up it seems out of place on the Micro A- bolt. I can't imagine it on a ar pistol! I also seem to over scope for my hunting situations.

Comment

• BCHunter
                        Warrior
                        • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Tex Nomex View Post
                        Holosun 503C + cheap, insanely bright green laser underneath.
                        300BLK
                        It's a pistol.
                        What do you feel is your max effective range with this optic? 100 yards?

Comment

• 98Z
                          Warrior
                          • Jan 2018

Leupold Mark AR Mod 1, 1.5~4, Firedot-G, on the 12.5 Grendel. I've taken it out to 845 yards so far on IPSC steel, at 10.2 mils of drop, on hot handloads. It's a mil dot reticle, 0.1 mil clicks on the turret, and it just works. And it's light. I've backed that load off now, found an accuracy node a full grain lower, and need to get it back out and work everything back up on the distance.

Comment

• Tex Nomex
                            Warrior
                            • Dec 2017

Originally posted by BCHunter View Post
                            What do you feel is your max effective range with this optic? 100 yards?
                            I currently have the Holosun zeroed to 100yd w/120gn supersonic ammo. Nice 2 MOA red dot. 150yd should be no problem with a 50yd zero. Farther depends on eyesight and practice.
                            Laser is set for 220gr subs @ 25 yds.
                            Trunk gun.
                            Modern MP34.jpg
                            "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
                            -- Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers at 184-188

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                              Chieftain
                              • Oct 2016

PST Gen 1 1-4. True 1x, so both eyes open it's like a red dot. Fun. And can be had used with a mount for like 300 bucks. And still forever warrantied.

Pistol build by ., on Flickr
                              Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

Working...
                              X