• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bj139
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Popeye212 View Post
    Not a problem I have a cryo treatment facility in the garage so far 2 successful treatments and a third on the way....
    How many barrels can you fit behind the steaks in the freezer?

Comment

• bj139
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2017

BFT: were you able to talk them into 5R EE rifling?

Comment

• Huckleberry75
        Warrior
        • Jun 2018

Nice pricing. Do they have a bolt option with this?

Comment

• AZHTfreak
          Warrior
          • Jan 2017

Got a GM 20" 416R wylde a couple 3 yrs ago that's 3/4 MOA all day. Probably better than that but for the guy jerking the trigger...
          DOJ+FBI+IRS+AFT=NKVD. Joe Stalin and Lavrentiy Pavlovich Beria are tap dancing in hell right now...

Comment

• Popeye212
            Chieftain
            • Jan 2018

Originally posted by bj139 View Post
            How many barrels can you fit behind the steaks in the freezer?
            A bunch, steak inventory getting low.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
              Administrator
              • Feb 2011

Lemme see if I can get to the latest questions in order:

1) What happened to Faxon? Faxon is still around and I'll use them on special projects, but now that Nathan has gone they went and changed my pricing structure such that they are not as good a deal as they once were. And I'm here to give you guys good, no, GREAT deals!

2) More bolts? Am currently working with bolt guys to design new and improved 6.5 Grendel bolt. Truly. CAD drawing for bolt body done. Now working on extractor. Gonna be super cool, but is a couple months out.

3) Is it 5R-EE (Easy Engraving) rifling? Basic answer is yes. It is not strictly EE as measured down to ten-thousandths as originally defined by me, but darn close enough.

4) Bolt option offered? Not until I get the new and improved 65G bolts done and manufactured, as mentioned above.
              :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2015

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
                Lemme see if I can get to the latest questions in order:

1) What happened to Faxon? Faxon is still around and I'll use them on special projects, but now that Nathan has gone they went and changed my pricing structure such that they are not as good a deal as they once were. And I'm here to give you guys good, no, GREAT deals!

2) More bolts? Am currently working with bolt guys to design new and improved 6.5 Grendel bolt. Truly. CAD drawing for bolt body done. Now working on extractor. Gonna be super cool, but is a couple months out.

3) Is it 5R-EE (Easy Engraving) rifling? Basic answer is yes. It is not strictly EE as measured down to ten-thousandths as originally defined by me, but darn close enough.

4) Bolt option offered? Not until I get the new and improved 65G bolts done and manufactured, as mentioned above.
                Thanks for answering the questions so far BFT.

Next question maybe a lil premature but, Any idea on time frame on the 20 inch barrels i.e how soon till ready to ship to buyer of barrel?

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                  Administrator
                  • Feb 2011

A5, very soon. Last week they said 16s and 20s were done. As of today, however, I don't have a shipping notification. But I'd say I'll have them in hand within two weeks. Will post here as soon as I have them!
                  :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2015

A5, very soon. Last week they said 16s and 20s were done. As of today, however, I don't have a shipping notification. But I'd say I'll have them in hand within two weeks. Will post here as soon as I have them!
                    Ok sounds good thank you for the info sir.

Comment

• Popeye212
                      Chieftain
                      • Jan 2018

Originally posted by grayfox View Post
                      And I've got the only moonbeam/laser-resonant particle-alignment tool east of the Mississippi!!!!! LOL!!!!!
                      Takes the Cryo to heights it only dreamed of before!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!
                      I yield to the Master. Show us the light O Great One

Comment

• GregP42
                        Warrior
                        • Mar 2015

BFT,

With prices like that I see a new build happening. Time to have 4 Grendels in the house.

Greg

Comment

• teamnigel
                          Unwashed
                          • Aug 2018

Are there any 12" Faxon barrels floating around currently? Heard a rumour a new batch was coming up soon but they've been out of stock for months.

Otherwise I might wait for these new 12" to finish production.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                            Administrator
                            • Feb 2011

I think I have a 12.7 available, but I'd have to check when I get home.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                              Chieftain
                              • Mar 2015

BFT, Looking at the pic of the 20 inch again what would you call that profile?

Is it closer to hbar, wondering how much flex it will have?

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                                Administrator
                                • Feb 2011

I'd call it a medium profile. It's got a short section of "bull barrel" surrounding the chamber, and then tapers from 0.800 to 0.700 at the gas block shoulder. So, it's a heavy barrel at the chamber tapering to a light barrel at the muzzle. This design minimizes flex and whip while keeping the weight very handy for hunting.

The beauty of this profile is that the weight is near the center of balance of the rifle, making it "feel" lighter than it is. More metal around the chamber is also a safety feature.

Comment

Working...
                                X