LIMITED - Lilja 10.5" / 12.5" / 14.5" / 16" Barrels (option for complete upper)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rebby
    Warrior
    • Mar 2017

LIMITED - Lilja 10.5" / 12.5" / 14.5" / 16" Barrels (option for complete upper)

I'm thrilled to announce a partnership between Six Sigma Arms, LLC and Lilja Precision Rifle Barrels to bring the phenomenal Lilja Grendel barrels back to market in their ultra-rare short configurations. Six Sigma Arms, LLC is my 07 FFL and we've been working with the Grendel in some manner since our inception nearly 15 years ago.

These barrels are being offered in 4 lengths; 10.5?, 12.5?, 14.5?, and 16". All lengths are based on the classic 11.5" offering (in the drawing below) and have a profile that is essentially 0.725" for the length of the entire barrel with a 0.750" gas block (please see the attached profile drawing for specifics). Barrels will be threaded 5/8-24. At this time there will not be an option for re-profiling and/or fluting of the barrel (I can help with recommendations to have this done after the fact if desired).

The 10.5" option should make obtaining sub-26" OAL builds much easier. The 14.5" option is perfect for an SBR and/or those of you opting to pin/weld a muzzle device. On a side note, I believe this is the first time that a 14.5" Lilja Grendel has been offered (at least direct from Lilja).

Any/all machine work is performed in-house by Lilja (including chambering, extension install, threading, etc). Barrels are chambered using SAMMI specs. These barrels are threaded for and furnished with a pinned barrel extension installed with proper headspace. The gas port hole is drilled and these are finished off with an 11˚ target crown. A narrow flat on the bottom side of the gas port section is milled for set screws used with some types of gas blocks. This prevents marring of the diameter by the set screws and helps align the gas block with the gas port hole. All barrels use an M4 style barrel extension and are ready to drop in to your selected upper. As with all Lilja barrels, these have 3-groove rifling and a 1-8" twist. All barrels less than 16" utilize a 0.073" gas port and a carbine length gas system (7"), the 16" barrel has a mid-length gas system (9"). Barrel markings will be under the hand guards on the shorter 2 options and in front of the gas block on the 14.5" and 16" model. Markings will read, "Lilja 6.5G 1-8 6E" ("Lilja" will be in their customary script font, the "E" will be an upper case Sigma character, not easily typed here).

Finish from Lilja is polished stainless steel, finish ground to 320 grit. Optionally, I can Cerakote these prior to final delivery for an additional $75 in a number of colors (black, desert, FDE, tactical grey, etc). Cerakote will add a few weeks to delivery time.

I'll also be offering options for various accessories at a reduced cost as well to help people complete their builds (uppers, lower components, muzzle devices, optics, etc). I can get essentially anything you could want, some discounts are better than others (due to MAP restrictions we may need to "package" accessories). A complete, ready to go, upper built to your exact specifications is also an option (lowers are also available). The end goal here is to supply you with exactly what you need, nothing more, nothing less. It's time to put my 07 FFL and associated discounts to work for the horde.

The lead time on these will vary based on demand for obvious reasons. Production time is expected to run approximately 12-14 weeks with a potential for up to 4 weeks in queue. The goal is to have chips flying sometime in late February. Expected delivery to me around early/mid June? I hope to have these in your hands prior to the 4th of July. Good things come to those who wait and this is certainly another example where patience will pay off.

Cost is TBD (see below) per barrel regardless of length, add $85 if you?d like to add a head-spaced bolt. Shipping is included. As noted above, complete custom uppers are an option as well.

At this moment these are being offered in a ?pre-sale? and we expect a pretty good response. To guarantee your barrel, payment is due in full. Any barrels remaining after the pre-sale will be sold according to MAP policies. Refunds will be considered on a case by case basis. I can accept payment in a number of ways however, due to the reduced pricing being offered, any applicable fees need to be paid by the buyer. I will work with potential buyers on payment options for barrel and/or barrel+accessory combos. Please contact me via IM to lock in the specifics of your order and arrange for payment.

All updates on the status of this project will be reflected in this thread as they are available. I?ll be sure to add a new post as well as update this one (if possible). I've done my best to include all pertinent information here but please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Major Update: We're adding a 16" MLGS option here at the last minute. If you want a 16", please get in touch with me sooner rather than later.

LIMITED: We've reached the end of the "pre-sale" and final numbers have been submitted to Lilja. As mentioned above, this moves us to a MAP policy pricing structure. MAP on these is $500. Update, final pricing for the limited stock is $395, a savings of over $100 off of MAP! I did purchase extra barrels in each length but quantities are VERY LIMITED. Thank you to everyone who has helped make this such a success!

NFA Disclaimer - Once a barrel shorter than 16" is assembled into a complete firearm, it becomes a regulated item by the National Firearms Act (NFA), unless it assembled into a pistol or a muzzle device that brings the total length to at least 16" is pinned/welded in place. Please check with your local and state municipalities for any further regulatory requirements as this varies by state. It is the buyer's responsibility to make sure they comply with all NFA regulations, and state/federal laws. I can do my best to provide guidance however, IANAL (and I don?t play one on TV) so please make sure that you are following all applicable laws/regulations.

A quick note about barrel lengths; the measurements noted above (10.5", 12.5", 14.5", & 16") are measured from the muzzle to a closed bolt (standard ATF measurement). The overall length of the barrel will measure approximately 1/2" longer.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by LRRPF52; 09-28-2019, 04:27 PM. Reason: Fixed 16" and punctuation after forum hiccup
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

I might have missed it in your post but am I correct in thinking these will all use carbine length gas?

Edit too add.

Will the gas ports be cut too bigger size too better utilise a adjustable gas block? Are will they be the standard carbine gas diameter port size?
    Last edited by A5BLASTER; 01-15-2019, 06:16 PM.

Comment

• rebby
      Warrior
      • Mar 2017

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
      I might have missed it in your post but am I correct in thinking these will all use carbine length gas?

Edit too add.

Will the gas ports be cut too bigger size too better utilise a adjustable gas block? Are will they be the standard carbine gas diameter port size?
      Yes, all gas systems are carbine length as indicated in the drawing. I did not get specifics about gas port diameters from Lilja but would be happy to do so if you'd like. I do recall a brief discussion about how the exact diameters may need to be adjusted based on barrel length though. Let me know if you'd like me to dig out specifics on the port sizes.

Comment

• Wargrendeleagle
        Warrior
        • Sep 2018

Looking at the PDF it looks like 0.073 unless I'm looking at it wrong?

Comment

• A5BLASTER
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2015

Lol y'all got better eyes then me lol, I staired at that pic for 20 mints and missed the specs lol. Been a snake it would have bite me lol.

Comment

• rebby
            Warrior
            • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Wargrendeleagle View Post
            Looking at the PDF it looks like 0.073 unless I'm looking at it wrong?
            Correct, I'll verify with Lilja that it's correct though. I'm not sure if there are variations between the various lengths either so I can confirm that as well.

Comment

• tgad2
              Unwashed
              • Jan 2019

I'd like to know why the 11.5" OAL barrel instead of 13" OAL? An 11.5" OAL barrel would end up being what most would call an 11" barrel and a 13" OAL barrel would be what most would call a 12.5" barrel which is (sort of) a more standard length and easier to match up with rails and suppressors. I'm definitely in if can get a 12.5" (13" OAL) barrel.

Comment

• Bigs28
                Chieftain
                • Feb 2016

I would call an 11.5" barrel an 11.5" barrel and a 12.5" barrel a 12.5" barrel.

Comment

• rebby
                  Warrior
                  • Mar 2017

Comments concerning barrel length noted. I was also initially confused by this and had a discussion with Lilja to get it clarified. Lilja refers to barrel OAL for internal reasons that aren't relevant as far as we're concerned. The rest of us are used to referring to barrel length as it would be measured by ATF (from the muzzle to a closed bolt). Therefore, we've adjusted the barrels slightly to adhere to this. Additionally, the configurations offered are being adjusted to 10.5", 12.5", & 14.5" as measured by ATF (so +1/2" OAL). Those who already committed to an 11.5" OAL configuration will have the option of moving to the 10.5" or 12.5" options (or potentially keeping the 11.5" OAL if they really want to).

On the gas port size, all barrels will be 0.073" as reflected on the drawing. Per Lilja, this is the gas port that they've had the most success with for Grendel barrels in this length range. Additionally, a port of this size should work well with an adjustable gas system.

Keep the questions/suggestions coming! The offering is only getting better with your input. I'll update the OP with the new information later this evening (note; updated in OP). Thanks!
                  Last edited by rebby; 01-16-2019, 08:59 PM.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2015

Probably impossible but would it be possible do do a faster twist then 8twist.

A 12.5 with a 7.5 or 7 twist would make this fat Cajun very very happy.

If not it's cool just thought I would ask.

Comment

• rebby
                      Warrior
                      • Mar 2017

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
                      Probably impossible but would it be possible do do a faster twist then 8twist.

A 12.5 with a 7.5 or 7 twist would make this fat Cajun very very happy.

If not it's cool just thought I would ask.
                      Sorry, 1-8 is all we get. Doh!

Comment

• tgad2
                        Unwashed
                        • Jan 2019

Originally posted by rebby View Post
                        Comments concerning barrel length noted. I was also initially confused by this and had a discussion with Lilja to get it clarified. Lilja refers to barrel OAL for internal reasons that aren't relevant as far as we're concerned. The rest of us are used to referring to barrel length as it would be measured by ATF (from the muzzle to a closed bolt). Therefore, we've adjusted the barrels slightly to adhere to this. Additionally, the configurations offered are being adjusted to 10.5", 12.5", & 14.5" as measured by ATF (so +1/2" OAL). Those who already committed to an 11.5" OAL configuration will have the option of moving to the 10.5" or 12.5" options (or potentially keeping the 11.5" OAL if they really want to).

On the gas port size, all barrels will be 0.073" as reflected on the drawing. Per Lilja, this is the gas port that they've had the most success with for Grendel barrels in this length range. Additionally, a port of this size should work well with an adjustable gas system.

Keep the questions/suggestions coming! The offering is only getting better with your input. I'll update the OP with the new information later this evening (note; updated in OP). Thanks!
                        Thanks! I'm in for a 12.5" (13" OAL). My rail is out for cerakote now. All I need is payment info. Let the chips fly!

Comment

• rebby
                          Warrior
                          • Mar 2017

Originally posted by tgad2 View Post
                          Thanks! I'm in for a 12.5" (13" OAL). My rail is out for cerakote now. All I need is payment info. Let the chips fly!
                          PM/email sent. Thanks!

Comment

• HBInc.
                            Unwashed
                            • Jul 2018

Considering the 12.5 w/ bolt. Do you have the name of the manufacture of the bolts being used?

Comment

• rebby
                              Warrior
                              • Mar 2017

Originally posted by HBInc. View Post
                              Considering the 12.5 w/ bolt. Do you have the name of the manufacture of the bolts being used?
                              The bolts are from Maxim Firearms with a 0.136" bolt face depth.

Comment

Working...
                              X