LIMITED - Lilja 10.5" / 12.5" / 14.5" / 16" Barrels (option for complete upper)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rebby
    Warrior
    • Mar 2017

Originally posted by HickLife View Post
    What are the gas lengths for these barrels? Carbine for all of them? I didn't see it mentioned in the original post
    Good catch. I just updated the OP. They are all based on a CARBINE length gas system (7").
    Last edited by rebby; 02-22-2019, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• tgad2
      Unwashed
      • Jan 2019

Originally posted by rebby View Post
      Good catch. I just updated the OP. They are all based on a rifle length gas system (7").
      That can't be right. Did you mean Carbine?

Comment

• rebby
        Warrior
        • Mar 2017

Originally posted by tgad2 View Post
        That can't be right. Did you mean Carbine?
        Thank you! That's what I get for rushing this on my way out the door. I had RLGS on my mind since I had just finished putting together a quote for a 22" build. Sigh... Thanks for the correction. I've updated the OP and my post above to avoid confusion.

All of these Lilja barrels are CARBINE length gas, 7".

Comment

• Wargrendeleagle
          Warrior
          • Sep 2018

Man I was wondering myself. I thought damn I ain't never seen or heard of a rlgs on a 12" barrel. But I've also never owned a lilja. If I get paid before it's closed I'm biting the bullet and selling by group buy barrel...

Comment

• rebby
            Warrior
            • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Wargrendeleagle View Post
            Man I was wondering myself. I thought damn I ain't never seen or heard of a rlgs on a 12" barrel. But I've also never owned a lilja. If I get paid before it's closed I'm biting the bullet and selling by group buy barrel...
            I'm not going to live that one down. LOL I've only been building these my entire adult life. I wonder what kind of dwell time we'd get out of a system like that? Roughly 0.02s? Could be a chore to get that to run reliably. Yeah, let's stick w/the 7" carbine gas system instead. I'm going to go bang my head against the wall in shame now.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2015

I'm not going to live that one down. LOL I've only been building these my entire adult life. I wonder what kind of dwell time we'd get out of a system like that? Roughly 0.02s? Could be a chore to get that to run reliably. Yeah, let's stick w/the 7" carbine gas system instead. I'm going to go bang my head against the wall in shame now.
              Bet we would need a one pound buffer to tame that thing lol.

It's all good rebby everybody makes mistakes.

Comment

• HickLife
                Bloodstained
                • Dec 2018

Good catch. I just updated the OP. They are all based on a CARBINE length gas system (7").
                Thanks Rebby, that's what the plans you attached said but I didn't know if they would change it for different lengths.

Comment

• m1a convert
                  Unwashed
                  • Dec 2018

Are these the same quality and manufacturing process as the Lilja barrels on Lilja's website?

Comment

• Wargrendeleagle
                    Warrior
                    • Sep 2018

They are, I wouldn't necessarily answer for Rebby but I've asked essentially the same question. And he answered that it's essentially like one you would custom order. But the custom orders are typically done in orders of 20 or so to be customized further by company ordering. But group buy gets it all together for us ready to go!

Comment

• rebby
                      Warrior
                      • Mar 2017

Originally posted by m1a convert View Post
                      Are these the same quality and manufacturing process as the Lilja barrels on Lilja's website?
                      Originally posted by Wargrendeleagle View Post
                      They are, I wouldn't necessarily answer for Rebby but I've asked essentially the same question. And he answered that it's essentially like one you would custom order. But the custom orders are typically done in orders of 20 or so to be customized further by company ordering. But group buy gets it all together for us ready to go!
                      What Wargrendeleagle said. Lilja will be doing the manufacturing of these end to end and barrels will be done in the exact manner used for all of their other offerings.

Quick update; I spoke with Carson last week and we're getting closer to needing a final number. His estimate is that I'll need to give him final numbers come April 1st. I will most likely obtain a few extras but haven't committed to a quantity/configuration of "extras" quite yet. Any "extras" may come at a slightly increased price as well. For now, I'm holding firm on the current pricing for future orders but can not make that guarantee once the calendar flips into April. Long story short, if you've been hesitant, now is the time to get serious.

Comment

• Maddvaper
                        Bloodstained
                        • Jan 2016

Not sure what gas port size their using but for my 12" Carbine gas I'm running a H2 and It's smooth as silk

Comment

• rebby
                          Warrior
                          • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Maddvaper View Post
                          Not sure what gas port size their using but for my 12" Carbine gas I'm running a H2 and It's smooth as silk
                          Per the very first post (there is a lot of info in there) ->

All barrels utilize a 0.073" gas port and a carbine length gas system (7").

Comment

• Forgottenben
                            Bloodstained
                            • Oct 2015

Comment

• rebby
                              Warrior
                              • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Forgottenben View Post
                              So bummed I can’t get in on this, would love a 12.5, but I’ve already got two Grendel barrels collecting dust
                              If you're interested, there is still time to get in on this.

UPDATE - I will be calling Lilja with a final "soft" number for these on Monday, 4/8. I say "soft" number because I will be ordering a few extras. As I mentioned above, the price may increase after then but I will do what I can to keep it as low as possible. I will also check in on timing Monday and be sure to update the thread with what I learn.

Thank you to everybody who got in on this. We're in the home stretch!!!

Comment

• snarkscarbine
                                Bloodstained
                                • Jan 2019

damnit fine I'll do it. Sending you a PM rebby.

Comment

Working...
                                X