X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D.Davis
    Warrior
    • Sep 2013

BFT, Got mine also. What bolt was used to headspace these barrels? Thanks for everything, the barrel looks good. Dave.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
      Administrator
      • Feb 2011

Faxon was instructed to headspace for 0.136" boltface depth and it was suggested they reference AA's bolt as a standard. Don't know what they actually ended up using.
      :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• Fredman
        Warrior
        • Sep 2014

I don't have the go/no go gauges. I robbed the bolt and carrier from my PF upper for now. I have the Innovative Tech indicator. I measured the shoulder of my loaded ammo and compared to fired brass from the Faxon, and it grew .001.5". Very happy with that.
        Last edited by Fredman; 10-05-2016, 06:37 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

• Check for one left-over barrel is in the mail. Thanks BFT!

Comment

• plus_p
            Unwashed
            • Sep 2016

BFT, Any of these barrels left? I've spent the last several weeks reading here and am eager to start an upper now. Barrel profile looks cool.

Comment

• BigStickSmoker
              Bloodstained
              • Apr 2015

I am not sure where to place this for now...so....forgive me if I placed it in the wrong place.

I got two of these barrels....His/Hers....I have the "His" upper ready since I also had built a 16 inch Alexander Arms barreled unit for my Beloved Wife. Anyway, I finally got around to getting all the parts for completing this upper. I have a couple more purchases for the separate lower, but I sacrificed that to put a Geissele SSA-E in the wife's Grendel. I have taken her build out to 200 yards on steel and it is simply too easy! Nice! It will fit the bill for river shooting bottom shooting here which will only be about 100 yards. Will see which she will prefer her current build or me building a "Hers".

Anyway, back to "His"....The upper is placed on the lower I bought from Alexander Arms last year in my Overwatch complete rifle. It is all ready to go get on paper and zero IF my schedule and wind velocity ever cooperates!

The upper is a Spikes Tactical, Geissele MK8 MLOK handguard, Troy Industries Claymore Muzzle Brake and Vortex optic (I went modest as I have many other rifles with better optics for longer range work....this is meant for quick use and when I need the "big guns" I got them ready.) I know I might receive comment about the backward cantilever mount, but just trying it this way around as my brass catcher was not wanting to set on the way I wished, so I tried this. Hope it will work! Picture is not as nice as I would like, but did it quick off the iPhone.

Hope to get out soon to my range (friends ground) and do some work. Thanks for letting me share. Now I am planning to get in on the Faxon 20 group buy...THANK YOU BFT!

Last edited by BigStickSmoker; 10-12-2016, 06:32 PM. Reason: forgot a thought

Comment

• RogueNathan
                Bloodstained
                • Jul 2015

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
                Faxon was instructed to headspace for 0.136" boltface depth and it was suggested they reference AA's bolt as a standard. Don't know what they actually ended up using.
                We created a custom ground headspace gauge to exactly .136" (within a millionth or two).
                The Director at Faxon Firearms.

Please send us an e-mail anytime! Nathan.S@faxonfirearms.com

Comment

• Originally posted by RogueNathan View Post
                  We created a custom ground headspace gauge to exactly .136" (within a millionth or two).
                  Dang Nathan, that's pretty precise! I look forward to getting my barrel.

Comment

• rabiddawg
                    Chieftain
                    • Feb 2013

Big stick, you gotta be kidding me. You reverse a mount and put it on the handguard just so a brass catcher fits better?

Smh, to each his own.
                    Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• biodsl
                      Chieftain
                      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by rabiddawg View Post
                      Big stick, you gotta be kidding me. You reverse a mount and put it on the handguard just so a brass catcher fits better?

Smh, to each his own.
                      You've got to admit...that's thinking outside of the box!
                      Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• bob4432
                        Warrior
                        • May 2016

Originally posted by RogueNathan View Post
                        Just giving you a hard time, but wouldn't you have issues keeping it to those specs from temp differences, as in you machine it at your shop @ 65 degrees F (assuming) and I open up the box here @ 100, wouldn't there be more than a millionth difference just from the temp? Again just given you a hard time.

But seriously, are you going to offer a go, no-go gauge set? Last, will this barrel become a sku you guys stock or are you waiting to get more feedback and see how they do farther out?

Thanks,
                        Bob

Comment

• BigStickSmoker
                          Bloodstained
                          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by rabiddawg View Post

Smh, to each his own.

I know...it is definitely a weird thing and maybe wrong thing to try. But try i might. I can always put it back if it does not pan out.

Comment

• henschman
                            Bloodstained
                            • Jun 2016

Got mine put together last night... my first Grendel build. She weighs in right at 7 lbs. without optics... just 0.2 lbs. heavier than my 6.8 SPC hunting rifle. That's about where I hoped she'd be. She handles fairly well and is not too ungainly with my Omega mounted. I'm happy so far... hopefully we'll find out how she shoots over the weekend!
                            Last edited by henschman; 10-13-2016, 10:00 PM.

Comment

• RogueNathan
                              Bloodstained
                              • Jul 2015

Originally posted by bob4432 View Post
                              Just giving you a hard time, but wouldn't you have issues keeping it to those specs from temp differences, as in you machine it at your shop @ 65 degrees F (assuming) and I open up the box here @ 100, wouldn't there be more than a millionth difference just from the temp? Again just given you a hard time.

But seriously, are you going to offer a go, no-go gauge set? Last, will this barrel become a sku you guys stock or are you waiting to get more feedback and see how they do farther out?

Thanks,
                              Bob
                              We are not a production grinding shop, so producing gauges is outside our scope internally.

6.5 Grendel will be a SKU we stock, but we are so busy on all our existing SKUs, Group Buys will continue to be our main path for the foreseeable future.
                              The Director at Faxon Firearms.

Please send us an e-mail anytime! Nathan.S@faxonfirearms.com

Comment

• Jmanthony66
                                Unwashed
                                • Aug 2016

Got mine all together now and close to sighted in. This is 5 @50yds but it started raining. Looks like it'll be a solid hunter

Last edited by Jmanthony66; 10-14-2016, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X