X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • henschman
    Bloodstained
    • Jun 2016

Good lookin' build. The stag lower is a nice touch on a hunting rifle. What load are you shooting?

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
      Administrator
      • Feb 2011

Good lookin' sticks, boys.

Hensch, what kind of flash hider you got?
      :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• henschman
        Bloodstained
        • Jun 2016

That's a Silencerco Trifecta ASR. It mounts my Omega suppressor.

Unfortunately it looks like no range time this weekend. I'll see if I can catch some free time during the day this week.

Comment

• Jmanthony66
          Unwashed
          • Aug 2016

Just factory Hornady 123 AMAX.

Comment

• Fredman
            Warrior
            • Sep 2014

I was hoping to see more reports by now. Hope everyone is a 3/4 MOA shooter and under.

Comment

• montana
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2011

My build will take awhile since I have other obligations and too many pans on the fire at the moment. I will give a report when able. The barrel looks great and I''am looking forward to shooting this build. I like to Cerakote my builds and this is impossible at this time.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                Administrator
                • Feb 2011

Like others, I'm still collecting parts.

Sneaky got his built already. But he's . . . energetic like that. Right, Sneaks? Anyway, he shot his Faxon 16" 6.5 Grendel Saturday. 84 yards. 4 shots. About half-inch. Photo below.
                Attached Files
                :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

Comment

• 1075 tech
                  Warrior
                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
                  Like others, I'm still collecting parts.
                  Same here. My trigger and LPK will arrive today. I squared the receiver face the other day. Slow process with 10-12 hr days and trying to get ready for our deer/gun season in a few weeks.

Comment

• Bh10
                    Unwashed
                    • Oct 2016

Originally posted by plus_p View Post
                    BFT, Any of these barrels left? I've spent the last several weeks reading here and am eager to start an upper now. Barrel profile looks cool.
                    Same question as well?

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                      Administrator
                      • Feb 2011

Bh10, sold out, but got a couple on hold pending funds that may open up if they change their minds.

Comment

• Bh10
                        Unwashed
                        • Oct 2016

Bh10, sold out, but got a couple on hold pending funds that may open up if they change their minds.
                        Great thanks.

Comment

• BigStickSmoker
                          Bloodstained
                          • Apr 2015

I finally had a "nice" day (Nice means not having a breeze over 20 mph) here to get out quick and get the 16 inch Faxon build on paper. After a handful of shots to get on paper and then rework a bit at 100. Then it was shoot for group before I had to head back in.

Here is my group after 100 yard zero. Keep in mind it is only at 100 but it is a nice start. Can't wait for a bit more time to play!

Best Regards to all. My apologies as I am not sure why this image got so large.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                            Administrator
                            • Feb 2011

Thanks for report, and good shootin'!

Factory ammo or handloads?

Comment

• BigStickSmoker
                              Bloodstained
                              • Apr 2015

Thanks for report, and good shootin'!

Factory ammo or handloads?
                              Thanks....they are handloads that seem to shoot well out of my Alexander Arms Overwatch and an Alexander Arms Lite 16 barrel that I built not knowing how long I might wait on the Faxon buy, as well as this new Faxon 16 inch build. Maybe it was me, but I had a much better group with the Faxon, but then again I have a level on it that I don't on the AA Lite 16 barrel. I think they make a difference for me to hold the same every time.

Handholds are 26 gr of 8208 XBR in case you were also wondering that.

Comment

• sneaky one
                                Chieftain
                                • Mar 2011

Late to the party as per , always, . Thanks BFT for posting pic for me- my computer is going to be rebuilt this week , so I can post my pic's, and more. I have a TON of pics in the waiting-

I took pics of better groups from this Faxon --- 1/4 " groups------- Then my side kick junior hunter shot up all my targets. So, this is a personal best - Rock it ! It's the only , clean pic .

The mud was the distance factor- mseric knows of my beloved gravel pit. Wind was 15-18 mph . - as a constant push, this is my best wind day - coming in from 2:00 , shooting in a while. Wind pushed the pills to the left by at least 3/4 "---maybe an incher.

My target is not a sniper class end result----- My point was that this bbl. is awesome x 2. It has a slightly longer throat,,, we can push the pill out a tic longer ? Check your own end results , with the proper measuring tools.
                                No disrespect to any other bbl. makers. I hope Bill A is not mad at Bft., & me.

We so bad. Hee, wait till December.......................................... ..............

BSS, , looks like you pretty much got the same result- due to wind- as I did. It's a keeper as an upper ! We'll try to shoot this in a windfree zone next wknd.

It's a one holer to me- I'm just wiggly on the bench . Due to the side winds. I like this tube also, because- it's 5/8" for muzzle end thread on devices- suppressor, brakes- etc.

More later as the data sheet increases.

I'll check with the Administrator if another 16" buy is needed --- I think it's needed.

BTW, the bullets were 92.6 grn. SMK's- over H335 powder.
                                Last edited by sneaky one; 10-22-2016, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X