• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Variable
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Bigfoot View Post

The ideal bullet for longer distance has no grooves. How to reduce pressure, insure effortless deformation on a mono bullet? Sneaky is halfway there already, drill a hole from the tip junction to the rear of the shank and give the copper a place to expand and eliminate the need for the BC killing grooves.
    Sounds like an excellent and reasonable idea to me. I never thought of that, and it makes me wonder why someone else hasn't already done it (if it hasn't already been tried)? Definitely worth trying out somewhere along the line.
    Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
    We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• Variable
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by sneaky one View Post
      As far as pills are concerned, RS & I have a small plan, - after I send them to him, he will set about to drill to whatever tips., we get=the insert shaft diam. into the copper pill.. It will take a few to get this right . Many diff drill sizes out there-- then a shot or two- then all back to Hanka to push to the manuf's..
      Make sense guys?
      Sounds like a decent idea to me as well.

Comment

• sneaky one
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Hey, stomping around in the woods for 7 hrs., perked me up. Got

home @ 6 pm. tried a new plan. Let's see if the pic pops up soon here.
        Go to my album if it does not enlarge, by clicking on the pic.

7.5mm tip lengths. same idea of bullet oal. , kinda. I'll know more on design ideas this week. Less halloweenish? on the tipps ? Have to crack an egg to make the omlet, in which we all are pieces of the whole thing.
        If this ever get's made by a major- minor?- hmmmmmmm , manufacturing place-- we should all get together in central USA for a BBQ- to celebrate a gain- or a well planned try.

a few more ideas on this also.

Bigfoot- BF., check out my old fave spot from '09.. I used to say his long range .338 pills looked like canoes , with 4 rubber bands around it------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------, THAT'S WHAT I want TOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lutz Moeller.net/English.....................................

ALL OF U THAT ARE INTO THIS THREAD---REEEEEEEAAD Lutz's stuff, look 2 the pics--- this is what I wanted the Gmx to become, also.. We have a many design variations to take this pill to a many different levels for hunts- Tac., etc.

Get up to speed guys. Cool stuff out there.
        Last edited by sneaky one; 10-05-2014, 02:22 AM.

Comment

• sneaky one
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

I may have stumbled across an easy way to post pics here. I'll try again on Sunday- write it down as I go.
          Click on pic to enlarge it- u have to be logged on to see it..

All the old gang on here- resign up use old username.

RJ, we need ya back on here time to Stoke the fires

If this pic can't be expanded- click on my avatar-scroll down to albums, & More..- it's in there.
          Last edited by sneaky one; 10-05-2014, 01:48 AM.

Comment

• Bigfoot
            Bloodstained
            • Sep 2014

RE new pic: S you are the lathemaster. I too like the 8mm tips better but ya'll know the 65G chamber and mags better than I do.

Yeah I gotcha. Basically a long poly tipped 80-90 gr GS/Moeller style bullet. THAT would certainly optimize velocity and BC. Possibly using gilding copper instead to keep the petals intact.

Tell ya what. The 6.8 guys have had optimised bullets for a while. If Hanka and your ideas here gets picked up the 65G's performance both short and LR will get a huge boost.

Comment

• Variable
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Sneaky's pic:

Sneaky's pic comments:

/////

L-RT. 1. A 95-100 classTTSX cut down from a 120 TTSX, 7.5mm tip on top

2. A stock 120TTSX

3. A stock 120 GMX

4. A 95-100 class GmX , 7.5mm tip also

5. A once fired Grr case using RL7- as to be used for approximate loaded depth on said pills on the left, make sense to ya all?

6. A loaded round for testing , that fell out of container- it may be the twin of the 74 GMX - the one that hit 3204 fps-easily, using RL 7, with no pressure signs -last month.. She's an older case, few miles on the old gal- yet she's my go to in cases on these out of the park tests on pills.
              I never worried at all on lighter pill testing that I did with RL 7.

The 79 class of GMX , hits 3050.. Wow, a safe gain like that is awesome.

/////

I'm having a bear of a time since I updated my ipad too. I copied your pic, and uploaded it into "photobucket". That usually works great, but now the new IOS8 has my ipad all screwed up trying to use my old apps.

Anywhoo--- Those look pretty interesting!

Comment

• Bigfoot
                Bloodstained
                • Sep 2014

Woah, I hadn't been on Moellers site for years. I might be half German and took some in HS but I have no idea how to read the text, but here's the 6.5mm bullet.

Long poly tip, check. Never seen a waist like but that I assume it's to allow the petals to blow off as GS Custom bullets do.

Drive bands reducing chamber pressure from obturation at the lands.

Last edited by Bigfoot; 10-05-2014, 03:24 AM.

Comment

• sneaky one
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

I agree BF, we will know more on this , and in the next, wks. etc, . Just had a new thoughts , since u posted. = I think we all can nail this as a prototype, as far as on ideas, are concerned,

Hanka is on the Berry's manuf. tips, and the corbin idea, that I orig . sent to him. I have 4 more ideas, want to keep 3 ideas for tips locally, good for the economy idea- +1, that I will hold for now.

Yes, I need to spell this out easier. Sorry if I sound like the bastard child -lil Stewie from the family guy show- that's not me. I can mimic his voice to a tee- yet no! that's not the real me.

You guys help keep my mind - a rollin forward-- Thank you to all my pals., & to all the positive guys on here.

BF, we are on this --- you & gang have no clue as to what we have been up to----- takes time guys. Not ready yet.

BF, we will find the pill you seek so much- yet it will be thru the GRR round, so adapt it to the Awesome .260, as L 52 does. Think new thread later on this for you 2. ?

We did not plan for these pills to slam together at this point in time- in a figure 8 style=Hanka's dream, & what the 3 of us others had planned, life can show it's mirrors, at odd times-

We were not prepared yet- yet- wow! Similar stuff!!!!!

BF, much of my testing- tweaking was an against , and as a comparison to the 6.8 pill. Not the guys that defend it. It's fine== it's same as my shorty 40 ==7.62x40WT== a bigger bro to the .300BLK.

same as a few more boltie rounds. Why so much anger against our Grr?

Comment

• sneaky one
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

From the 6.8 guys I meant, not u,. what do u hear out there in Bigfoot country? silent saquatch yells-knocks- rocks thrown upon the cabin- crap, no ammo!

Bigfoot's comin, gonna get ya -he's on the prowl!!!!! Careful on that FB shots! put some shots out for that squatch, he could be a roommate out there, then he could toss your .260 into the shed- You'd have to buy a Grr then, and live like the rest of us donkeys in slower pill world..... hee hee!

All of you worry- fret wayyyy tooo much of BC's.. Only a few guys that I spoke to on here - actually need higher bc's to take out a threat. A distant target.

Talked to the Federal guys today- get real was the answer. Know your rifle for your intended range for hunting-targets. 300 yds., or less is the reality for 90 % of us, as a hunter of most game.

Targets almost, too. Many shoot farther- congrats on that- I can't sit still enuff to hit anything beyond 400yds.

My walk about energized me it seems.
                    Last edited by sneaky one; 10-05-2014, 03:53 AM.

Comment

• Variable
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

All of you worry- fret wayyyy tooo much of BC's.. Only a few guys that I spoke to on here - actually need higher bc's to take out a threat. A distant target.

Talked to the Federal guys today- get real was the answer. Know your rifle for your intended range for hunting-targets. 300 yds., or less is the reality for 90 % of us, as a hunter of most game.

Targets almost, too. Many shoot farther- congrats on that- I can't sit still enuff to hit anything beyond 400yds.

My walk about energized me it seems.
                      And that's once again back to where we widely diverge.

If you want to base your goal on what you think other people "need", then just buy a Model 94 Winchester in 30-30. "Stick a fork in it, it's done".

Rotary phones were sufficient as well.

Heck, we don't even "need" a Grendel. My Agency certainly doesn't use them. Neither does Big Green. According to that logic the whole thing gets rather pointless.

Federal-- I'm sure the context (which is missing) in which you presented it had a ton to do with your conversation....

Comment

• Bigfoot
                        Bloodstained
                        • Sep 2014

S1 and I have been turning around this concept for five years now.

09? Dayum, didn't know that! Ages me.

Anyway, how can outsiders (with channels to major manufacturers) understand our needs? Well usually it takes a well financed lobbyist. Anybody???

K, I can understand the impatience. But who else is actually doing something?

Comment

• stanc
                          Banned
                          • Apr 2011

BF, much of my testing- tweaking was an against , and as a comparison to the 6.8 pill. Not the guys that defend it. Why so much anger against our Grr?
                          I think it's because they thought they had the ultimate AR15 cartridge.
                          Y'know, "designed by speshul forces, for speshul forces," and all that.
                          Then along comes 6.5 Grr to challenge the idea that 6.8 SPC is the best...

Comment

• olde sarge
                            Warrior
                            • May 2014

I have been doing research on said bullet and came up with the Lehigh 95 grain bullet and will try to add a link for your consideration. Let me know if link works. John http://www.lehighdefense.com/index.p...-26-42_-detail

Comment

• cory
                              Chieftain
                              • Jun 2012

Interesting.

I think we could hit a 0.4+ BC if we gave it a plastic tip, a more secant ogive, and removed one of the bands (which will probably add 10gr).

Then hollowing out the end for a lower expansion threshold would probably take 5 grs of material at least.
                              "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• olde sarge
                                Warrior
                                • May 2014

Cory from what I read about the company they have the machines to be able to design and test bullets in a day. They have a 110 grain 300blk bullet that looks about the same as this one that sheds 3 large petals and opens at lower velocities. Where I am trying to go with this is maybe if someone that knows how to put what we are trying to achieve into words, contacted them, we might have what we need. And of course the price which is $29/100 on this bullet is pretty damned good in comparison to others I have seen mentioned. Reports on their bullets seem to be very good also on the net.

Comment

Working...
                                X