X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bman940
    Unwashed
    • Apr 2018

Nice to read the positive comment's and hear that others are waiting for more info on Nikon's BLACK FX1000 scopes and mounts. I have been using the BLACK X1000 for over a year now, and the glass is excellent. I have taken numerous hogs with my 6.5cm in low light and out to almost 500 yards. Having helped Nikon out at SHOT Show I can assure you the BLACK FX1000 is a whole different level for longrange shooter's who want to use Nikon riflescopes. The FFP is a great feature, and the turrets with zero-stop are something new to Nikon and a great design that is easy to set. The MOA/Mrad reticle and turrets are different from the BLACK X1000 allowing for more precise shooting. There's a reason these scopes are tough to find as they are going out as quickly as they come in. There's a video out showing how easy it is to set the zero-stop, if you guys want the link I will be happy to post it for you?

Great pics, Crusty. Feel free to drop me a note with any question's, and I'll do my best to help you out.
    Bart
    Nikon Prostaff since 2010
    Nikon riflescope user from 1984

Comment

• Crusty
      Warrior
      • Dec 2017

Thanks Bman but I'm set pretty good. The scope was flawless out of the box and mounted in a matter of minutes and punching paper the next day. Ditto with the mount. This has been one of my better buys.

I found the answer to my warranty question by searching the Nikon website and registered my scope online.
      Last edited by Crusty; 04-26-2018, 12:19 AM.
      I'll be yer Huckleberry.

Comment

• Popeye212
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Crusty View Post
        Thanks Bman but I'm set pretty good. The scope was flawless out of the box and mounted in a matter of minutes and punching paper the next day. Ditto with the mount. This has been one of my better buys.

One question about the warranty. It says to send the registration form and proof of purchase in to register for my lifetime warranty, but I bought the scope online and don't have a sales receipt (or a printer to print a copy of my online purchase). How do i register my scope for warranty if you happen to know?
        I would make dang sure I registered that scope even if had to call it in which may be a good idea. Sounds like they are leaving an out to not honor the warranty. I now register EVERYTHING. Had that happen once before.

Comment

• bman940
          Unwashed
          • Apr 2018

Originally posted by Popeye212 View Post
          I would make dang sure I registered that scope even if had to call it in which may be a good idea. Sounds like they are leaving an out to not honor the warranty. I now register EVERYTHING. Had that happen once before.
          I assure you that while having your product registered and the receipt is nice it is not necessary for getting any warranty work done on your scope. Nikon's No Fault Warranty will be there if you ever need it.
          One of the really nice feature's is that the electronic's on the BLACK FX1000/X1000 scopes are also part of the lifetime warranty.
          Bart

Comment

• Kswhitetails
            Chieftain
            • Oct 2016

I get you, Bman. I've always been reluctant to register my items with manufacturers even with the threat of a non-compliant warranty claim. I've always felt that if someone denies my claim on their product for their issue, well, they don't really want my business anymore. I've rarely had things come to this point. I just keep my receipt. They can have a COPY of that, when I make my claim. I also use my CCs to purchase things so I have a permanent record of the purchase date and location stored by them as well.

Vortex, Athlon, Leupold. These are the standards by which I judge other optic warranties. Vortex and Athlon especially. No registration, no questions, - problem? Here, heres a return label and address. Send it to me, I'll make it right. Leupold has had to make some changes to this because of all the fakes - something that eventually, I dare say Vortex and Athlon will have to deal with as well. Leupold still honors the lifetime warranty, and are more than helpful when an issue arises.

Take this for what it's worth, as a grain of salt from me: If a company wants you to "register" your item, or threaten to cut warranty claims, they don't really want you as a customer, they want your dollars. There is a fine line distinction between them, but this is one of the first red flags for me.

-KS
            Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• mdewitt71
              Warrior
              • Dec 2016

As a dealer and consumer I have had issues with Nikon Customer Service and Warranty work in the past.... regardless of Lifetime or not, it doesn't help when you are speaking to a foreign contractor or telephone operator who has no clue what the item is or knows nothing more that the website states on it or going thru their so called "interactive" web system.
              Yes, Nikon is a much larger Company than Vortex, Athlon, or Leopold but, their CS is a preferably better option IMHO.

Now having said that, I am still not afraid to give the Nikon Black FX1000 a try, I think it will be my next purchase this summer.
              ― George Orwell

Comment

• bman940
                Unwashed
                • Apr 2018

Thank you guy's for the replies. As someone who doesn't work directly for Nikon I know when someone asks me about an issue it's just because they don't know where to start. I helped a guy out whose scope was destroyed in a house fire a few years ago. No Fault Warranty covered his scope even though it was no fault of Nikon. I know for a fact I don't have a tenth of the receipts for the 30+ scopes I have bought over the years, but I also know Nikon will be standing behind what I own. As I said previously if you or anyone you know has an issue, please pass my name along and I'll do my best to help them out.
                Bart

Comment

• Popeye212
                  Chieftain
                  • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Kswhitetails View Post
                  I get you, Bman. I've always been reluctant to register my items with manufacturers even with the threat of a non-compliant warranty claim. I've always felt that if someone denies my claim on their product for their issue, well, they don't really want my business anymore. I've rarely had things come to this point. I just keep my receipt. They can have a COPY of that, when I make my claim. I also use my CCs to purchase things so I have a permanent record of the purchase date and location stored by them as well.

Vortex, Athlon, Leupold. These are the standards by which I judge other optic warranties. Vortex and Athlon especially. No registration, no questions, - problem? Here, heres a return label and address. Send it to me, I'll make it right. Leupold has had to make some changes to this because of all the fakes - something that eventually, I dare say Vortex and Athlon will have to deal with as well. Leupold still honors the lifetime warranty, and are more than helpful when an issue arises.

Take this for what it's worth, as a grain of salt from me: If a company wants you to "register" your item, or threaten to cut warranty claims, they don't really want you as a customer, they want your dollars. There is a fine line distinction between them, but this is one of the first red flags for me.

-KS
                  I have two Leupolds and the standards you mention are why I am picking up my Midas Saturday. I have seen Athlons warranty even for minor problems in action should I need it and also the credentials of the guy who started the company.

Comment

• grayfox
                    Chieftain
                    • Jan 2017

Originally posted by mdewitt71 View Post
                    As a dealer and consumer I have had issues with Nikon Customer Service and Warranty work in the past.... regardless of Lifetime or not, it doesn't help when you are speaking to a foreign contractor or telephone operator who has no clue what the item is or knows nothing more that the website states on it or going thru their so called "interactive" web system.
                    Yes, Nikon is a much larger Company than Vortex, Athlon, or Leopold but, their CS is a preferably better option IMHO.

Now having said that, I am still not afraid to give the Nikon Black FX1000 a try, I think it will be my next purchase this summer.
                    I just found that I'm missing the top turret hold-down screw on a Buckmstrs ii, emailed Nikon to see if I could get a replacement screw somehow (even some $ for it would have been reasonable) ....... I'm pretty sure I can operate a screwdriver/hex/allen! But their email reply was, pre-authorize all repair costs and send it in to them...
                    I said no thanks, so much hassle (and cost?!?!?!) for a simple screw? I'll just use my Vortex instead. At least they have a no questions asked warranty.

Didn't phase them one bit.
                    Don't think I'll be getting any more Nikon's with that type of attitude!!! The last 3 optics I've ordered have been vortex.
                    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                    X