LIMITED - Lilja 10.5" / 12.5" / 14.5" / 16" Barrels (option for complete upper)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rebby
    Warrior
    • Mar 2017

FANTASTIC groups Jakal!!! Believe it or not but these groups are right in line with what I've been getting with all of the builds that I've put together thus far. I've sent customers target pictures but have yet to publish any online since, in the end, these are not my guns. I'll post some target pics when/if I get to shoot one of my one! LOL

Anyway, a few people have been asking about weight. I measured a few and this is what I came out with, YMMV.

10.5 - 1lb 3oz
    12.5 - 1lb 6oz
    14.5 - 1lb 9oz
    16 - 1lb 11oz

I have very limited stock remaining at the moment.

10.5 - 6
    12.5 - SOLD OUT
    14.5 - 1
    16 - SOLD OUT

Let's get some of those 10.5's moved! Thanks again everyone!!!!

Comment

• CJ12
      Bloodstained
      • Feb 2019

Hey rebby you can post my target pictures my own personal shooting confirmed your groupings

Comment

• krimet
        Unwashed
        • May 2019

Got distracted down here in TX. I've been busy defending everyone from the dove that are trying to take over the place. I got mine put together and have had great luck with the accuracy of my 12.5" barrel. I plan on shooting many a pig with this. Great product. I really appreciate the work that rebby put into this.

IMG_6345.jpg
        IMG_6347.jpg
        IMG_6348.jpg

Comment

• HBInc.
          Unwashed
          • Jul 2018

Got a question for everyone.
          When looking at the Lilja product sheet that came with the barrel, there is an extensive barrel break-in procedure. I realize there are many opinions out there from "just shoot the damn thing" to follow the directions to a tee. With the 12.5" barrel now snugged beautifully in it's upper and range time just around the corner, any advice on "barrel break-in" that you may have used for these barrels?
          Thanks
          Last edited by HBInc.; 10-03-2019, 01:31 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Jakal
            Warrior
            • May 2014

I would follow Lilja's breakin procedure. Got 3 of their barrels and my fathers target pix are posted up above.

We have not noticed any considerable copper, does it help, I think it does. But if the barrel is rough, you will pull copper when using ammonia (Sweets 762, ProShot Copper Solvent etc) (make sure to use a nylon bristle brush w/aluminum spine and not brass, causes a fake positive for copper, blue crap on your patch). If you pull copper, probably need to lapp the barrel.

The breakin procedure helps smooth out the lands, lapping accelerates that process. Less copper pulled, better for the barrel, bullet and BC/flight of bullet.

After using ammonia, you should run a couple of patches of Hoppes etc to dilute and clean up any leftover ammonia.
            Last edited by Jakal; 10-03-2019, 02:30 AM.
            ""Come taste my Shillelagh you goat-eatin bastard!""

Comment

• krimet
              Unwashed
              • May 2019

I followed the procedure from Lilja. Same experience as others. Very little copper. It honestly doesn’t take that long.

Comment

• rebby
                Warrior
                • Mar 2017

Remaining stock is as follows;

10.5 - 7
                12.5 - SOLD OUT
                14.5 - 1
                16 - SOLD OUT

If anybody wants a 10.5 or the last 14.5, now is the time to get one. My youngest son is going in for his 11th heart catherization and 9th heart surgery very soon. As a result, after Friday (10/18), I likely won't have an opportunity to ship until after Thanksgiving. Pricing on these is still at $395 but, due to reduced shipping on multiples, I can do a little better on multiple quantities that ship to the same address.

Thanks!
                Last edited by rebby; 10-15-2019, 03:22 PM. Reason: Updated quantities

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2015

Originally posted by rebby View Post
                  Remaining stock is as follows;

10.5 - 7
                  12.5 - SOLD OUT
                  14.5 - 1
                  16 - SOLD OUT

If anybody wants a 10.5 or the last 14.5, now is the time to get one. My youngest son is going in for his 11th heart catherization and 9th heart surgery very soon. As a result, after Friday (10/18), I likely won't have an opportunity to ship until after Thanksgiving. Pricing on these is still at $395 but, due to reduced shipping on multiples, I can do a little better on multiple quantities that ship to the same address.

Thanks!
                  If nfa gets there stripped six8 sized uppers on the market before Xmas. I will probably grab a 10.5 inch.

Comment

• Grendel_Wulf
                    Unwashed
                    • Oct 2019

How much are the 10.5's? what's the twist? The contour? Is the rifling 5R or 6? are the barrels 416R stainless or 4140(50) chromoly. Whats the gas length, pistol or carbine? Thanks

Comment

• rebby
                      Warrior
                      • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Grendel_Wulf View Post
                      How much are the 10.5's? what's the twist? The contour? Is the rifling 5R or 6? are the barrels 416R stainless or 4140(50) chromoly. Whats the gas length, pistol or carbine? Thanks
                      - Barrels are $395 shipped (net)
                      - Twist is 1-8
                      - Contour is 0.725" for the vast majority of the barrel using a 0.750" gas block. See the first post in this thread for a PDF that shows the general contour.
                      - Rifling is 3-Groove (like all Lilja barrels)
                      - Barrels are made from rifle barrel quality 416-type stainless
                      - Gas is carbine length, 7"

A great deal more information can be found in the first post of this thread and on Lilja's website. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

As I noted previously, my youngest son is going in for his 11th heart catherization and 9th heart surgery very soon. As a result, after Friday (10/18), I likely won't have an opportunity to ship until after Thanksgiving.

Thanks!!!

Comment

• Lastrites
                        Warrior
                        • Apr 2017

Best wishes for your your son and family!

Comment

• Icecold
                          Unwashed
                          • Jan 2018

If anyone has a 12.5 they want to part with hit me up,if not I?ll be in on the next run

Pete

Comment

• Shiftyk5
                            Bloodstained
                            • Jun 2019

You definitely want to get one, really enjoying mine.

Hard as hell to shoot precision with a pistol brace but I shot a 0.68? 5-shot group with 107gr Sierra TMK?s this morning. I?m sure there are others that can easily back that up with theirs. I hope you are able to get one on the next run.

Taking it out for coyotes in about an hour!

Comment

• rebby
                              Warrior
                              • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Lastrites View Post
                              Best wishes for your your son and family!
                              Thank you!

Here is what I have left;

10.5" - 7
                              14.5" - 1 (numerous requests for this one but no buyer yet)

As I mentioned before though, I won't be able to ship until the end of November at the earliest. Sorry about the inconvenience on that.

Comment

• bob4432
                                Warrior
                                • May 2016

Any idea when another group buy will happen? Looking for a 16", but what I really need to do is SBR one of my lowers and pick up a 12.5? (seems to take a year so I need to get that paperwork in NOW). Anyhow, definitely interested in a 16? for sure.
                                Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X