X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • montana
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2011

There are many acronym agencies that need to disappear. LRRP52 is correct about the ATF which has left murder and mayhem behind their tracks. They have even turned on their own when it suits their political goals. Comrade Hussein and Eric Holders sensible gun control is, "they own the guns and we don't". Makes sense in North Korea and other totalitarian societies. Just look at the low gun related crimes they have compared to ours. Don't ever think our best interest is their goal , evil takes all shapes and forms. When one person wants to subjugate another you have evil. Put a dress on a pig and apply lipstick doesn't change the fact it is still a pig. When any agency of power has no accountability you have evil. Make phone calls and make noise, time for this crap to end.

This was sent to me by a friend. http://armsandthelaw.com/archives/20..._moves_to_.php
    Last edited by montana; 02-18-2015, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• Variable
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Here is a link to GOA's emailing template on this one.

I used that one, but I'll probably send something else later too. I'll also make sure to call next week when they actually return to DC.

LRRPF52: Amen! They need their budget obliterated. They should be busted up and gotten rid of entirely.
      Last edited by Variable; 02-20-2015, 03:13 AM.
      Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
      We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

I'm all for the arson/explosives unit to be turned into a mobile training team, and then distribute the skill sets to the Federal regions working closely with State LE agencies in a more coordination role, with embedded contract civilians to keep oversight (like retired or prior service EOD military personnel who attend the FLETC ATF applicable training).

Alcohol and tobacco? Are those even issues that need to be regulated at a Federal level? We have State alcohol and controlled substances regulatory bodies all over the Nation.

I want FFL inspections gone, FFL licensing gone, and absolutely no Federal tampering with the process by which citizens engage in the keeping and bearing of arms. They already work on a voluntary basis for the practical reality of preventing felons and shady characters from purchasing guns, and that can be maintained at the State level. What was wrong with America before NICS?
        NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Adam Lilja
          Warrior
          • Dec 2013

Comment

• biodsl
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Adam Lilja View Post
            Funny and informative. Thanks for sharing, Adam.
            Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• usmc1371
              Warrior
              • Aug 2011

As usual a great video from jerry.

Comment

• sneaky one
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

Calm down, guys. It's just an idea. The threat is minimal. Don't panic buy stuff! I agree 110 % with L -52 that things are out of control right now. Chill out a bit.

Comment

• sneaky one
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

There's too many manufactures of 5.56 ammo nowdays, as to cave in to the request - and that's all it will be- to Bama;s idea of 5.56 ammo be gone on the shelves.

Comment

• Variable
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Variable View Post
                    They got that wrong too. An M855 jacket does not constitute over 25% of the projectile's weight. It's more like 17%... DISREGARD. The Arfcom poster who gave the jacket weight information was intentionally lying. It was my major mistake to believe anything I even saw photos of in a scale weighing on Arf. The Derp runneth over...

We definitely can't let this crap slide. We need to contact our congress critters and "comment" on ATF's proposal at a minimum.

I'll be both writing and calling. I'm just waiting on an idealized template to be better finalized over on Arfcom.

The Emperor has no clothes, but since he's riding on PC immunity, he's swinging his codpiece right in our face. If we can't stop and reverse this tide, it'll be the end of us.

We've entered the most dangerous phase during these next two years, and we have to push back very hard. We're going to get steamrolled otherwise.
                    I must apologize for posting false info. I have updated my original post. The information I got on M855 jacket weight over on Arfcom (photo of a digital scale weighing an M855 jacket) was intentionally dishonest. Silly me to believe in an Arfcom post...

How derptastic!
                    Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                    We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• JASmith
                      Chieftain
                      • Sep 2014

I have sent letters to my representatives through both the GOA and NRA-ILA. The GOA letter was the usual form letter. The ILA is urging our congressmen to sign a petition of complaint.

You can go to the NRA-ILA site here: NRA-ILA
                      shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
                      -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• cory
                        Chieftain
                        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by JASmith View Post
                        I have sent letters to my representatives through both the GOA and NRA-ILA. The GOA letter was the usual form letter. The ILA is urging our congressmen to sign a petition of complaint.

You can go to the NRA-ILA site here: NRA-ILA
                        What the holy hell, "petition of complaint"?????????? This is the NRA's solution??? Why don't we demand our representatives join hand and hand to march down the street in Washington.

You don't march hand and hand condemning terrorist, you hunt them down and kill them!

You don't file a petition complaining about an agency with to much power, you take away that power!

If we want to get serious about fighting this, we demand of representative in the house moves to defund the ATF and we demand that our Senators draw up a bill to disband the ATF.

Stuff like this is why I'm done with the NRA. They're great for the 2nd Amendment businesses, but do just about as much harm as good to us individuals especially at the state level. They've really screwed over the individuals of Alabama and Mississippi in the recent past.

Just incase it wasn't clear that wasn't an attack at JASMITH by no means, but an attack on the weak stance of the NRA.
                        Last edited by cory; 02-26-2015, 07:12 PM.
                        "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• cory
                          Chieftain
                          • Jun 2012

Here's the template I used to send another email to my Senators today. Feel free to use it.

Senator XXX

It has come to my attention that the BATFE is moving to ban SS109/M855 .223 ammo. This is low cost ammunition that allows law abiding Americans an affordable means to train on weapon SAFETY and weapon proficiency.

Banning this low cost ammunition would have catastrophic effects to the marketplace that will result in significant cost of available ammunition. Therefore, this ban should be taken as an attack on the 2nd Amendment Rights, specifically for the Individuals in the lower class that cannot afford $1+ per round.

The 2nd Amendment directly protects the “right of the people to keep and bear Arms”. Without ammunition I can only “keep” arms, I have lost my right to “bear” arms.

They have proposed this ban under a statute which amended the Gun Control Act of 1968. This Unconstitutional, outdated statute loosely defines armor penetrating and directly hinders the progress of the development of ammunition technology to the determent of law abiding individuals. It also directly excludes projectiles not larger than .22 caliber. This directly excludes all .223(5.56) and 5.45 from this law.

This is not the first time the BATFE has overstepped its authority, interpreting law to directly infringe onto the 2nd Amendments rights of all individual Americans. They have previously banned the import of the 7n6 bullets and Barnes Banded Solids Hunting bullets.

The BATFE has a long history of an autonomous agency from Congress, as well from the Executive Branch when it suites the White House (read Fast & Furious). The BATFE is a menace to a free society, and is an enemy to the principles on which the Nation was founded. It is Congress that is entrusted with establishing laws and the Judiciary Branch that is entrusted with determining the Constitutionality of said laws. It is not within the power of the BATFE to do the latter or the former. However, the BATFE has a history of policies where that have done as such.

I as an individual American Voter and Taxpayer, find the historical actions of the BATFE reprehensible and the further existence of this agency unacceptable.

As my elected representative in the Senate of the United States Congress I urge you work within your power to dissolve all previous policies and abolish the BATFE. I propose that the Arson and Explosives Investigation Division be maintain and transferred to the FBI and the Federal Firearms Licensing Division be maintained as an independent and purely clerical agency until which time this power can be returned to the States.

Furthermore, as forward work, I urge you work within your power to remove the Suppressor (rifle muffler) and the Short Barreled Rifle from the regulated items within the NFA. A suppressor is nothing more than a safety device that protects the shooter’s hearing from being damaged. A suppressor by function is no different than the muffler on your vehicle. It is ridiculous that the Federal Government would infringe upon my ability to obtain a safety device. Furthermore the idea that the Federal Government can or should regulate the length of a rifle is asinine.

Respectfully
                          American Patriot
                          (Signed)

Comment

• cory
                            Chieftain
                            • Jun 2012

Comment

• cory
                              Chieftain
                              • Jun 2012

LRRPF52 I stole a line from you. I hope you don't mind.

The BATFE has a long history of an autonomous agency from Congress, as well from the Executive Branch when it suites the White House (read Fast & Furious). The BATFE is a menace to a free society, and is an enemy to the principles on which the Nation was founded.

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
                                Warrior
                                • Apr 2013

Obama to ban bullets by executive action, threatens top-selling AR-15 rifle (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/article/2560750).

Comment

Working...
                                X