X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • southern180
    Bloodstained
    • Feb 2015

Here we go again, hoard all you can and drive the price up, well on the plus side we might see alot more 22LR on the shelf if this really happens, dont tell anyone but 7.62 is still a good deal for ball ammo

Comment

• montana
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2011

This is a good video to watch if you are a fence sitter with the new ammo ban. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgyzzzai-Ow

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
        Warrior
        • Apr 2013

Police say Obama bullet ban isn't needed, AR-15 round isn't a threat (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/po...rticle/2560964)

Comment

• Tearlach61
          Unwashed
          • Nov 2014

So let's assume that whatever Congress does that it's ineffectual and Obama just goes ahead with this ban. You can buy the projectiles: http://www.surplusammo.com/223-calib...ew-1000-count/

What's to stop someone from taking the projectiles and just manufacturing a quasi M855 round anyway? And selling them? There would be a huge profit incentive in this as well because there would be quite a premium on these rounds. This is where it gets interesting because for the so-called ban to be effective, there has to be teeth. ATF would have to put the screws to somebody with fines and jail time and it takes a judge to go along with that plus a jury.

The way I see it, even if Congress does nothing, this ban can be undone if there is widespread defiance at the grass-roots.

I mean if Hillary can defy a real law (email) how much more so can people defy what's not a law at all?

Comment

• LRRPF52
            Super Moderator
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by montana View Post
            http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...regulate-ammo/

About time! Let's hope this trend continues.
            They need an amendment that rolls back ATF's power to pre-1934 levels, but this is a good start. Why are we even being fleeced to pay for an organization that specifically tasks itself with violating the Bill of Rights?
            NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Variable
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Tearlach61 View Post
              The way I see it, even if Congress does nothing, this ban can be undone if there is widespread defiance at the grass-roots.

I mean if Hillary can defy a real law (email) how much more so can people defy what's not a law at all?
              The supply of SS109 projectiles and/or M855 ammuntion in country (while sizeable) is finite. Grass routes defiance won't make more projectiles unless you were to become an actual manufacturer. At which point ATF would then target you for special treatment. Federal, Winchester, etc. aren't going to make or release any to the public unless this is reversed. ATF doesn't really care about us as individual gun owners. They wish to strangle things from the source, which is much easier for them.

If this isn't stopped, then it becomes just another succesful step for them towards their ultimate goal.
              Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
              We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• Tearlach61
                Unwashed
                • Nov 2014

I dont deny that every effort must be made to stop this now. But the administration could very well defy those efforts. And Congress hasnt been very successful in defunding the Administration's executive actions and even if Congress does defund the enforcement of any ammo ban the Administration seems very much of a mindset to procede anyway.

Which begs the question: what then?

The regulation may or may not include the projectiles. I m not sure their proposal bans anything but loaded m855 ammo. But even if it does there is a huge (even if finite) supply of projectiles out there which opens up the possibility people manufacturing this stuff anyway.

Comment

• PredatorDown
                  Warrior
                  • Jun 2014

"Publishing mistake" ...RIGHT................

Comment

• montana
                    Chieftain
                    • Jun 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                    They need an amendment that rolls back ATF's power to pre-1934 levels, but this is a good start. Why are we even being fleeced to pay for an organization that specifically tasks itself with violating the Bill of Rights?

This is the solution, bar none.

Comment

• kmon
                      Chieftain
                      • Feb 2015

See the article at the attached links.....now ATF is claiming it was a publishing error....and there is no planned ban.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                        Super Moderator
                        • Sep 2014

I wonder if someone huge in the ammunition production chain threatened them with dropping government contract ammo, which none of the big manufacturers need to stay in business, keep in mind. Federal/ATK and Winchester Olin could literally drop LE sales and not blink an eye, and probably be more profitable.

That was the whole reason for the single-source acquisition request by DHS for millions of rounds, after they decided that if they would bundle all the Federal LE purchasing contracts, they might be able to lock-in a 5-year deal at a lower rate since there was so much volatility in the market, and they faced significant budget challenges for just bare bones training ammo.

The reality is that the Federal government can not compete with the private sector in terms of ammunition purchasing. If I were on the boards of any of the big ammo manufacturers, I would get together with the others and work out an explicit list of who is allowed to receive, and who is not allowed to receive my products. ATF would be entirely black-listed without a second thought. So would IRS, HHS, FDA, OSHA, EPA, and any of the abortion organizations spawned by FDR, LBJ, Ford, and Nixon administrations.

I would make them understand in no uncertain terms that any evidence of breach of contract would result in significant price hikes, while compliance will result in fair pricing. At the end of the day, money talks, and BS anti-gun power-grabbing control freaks can take a walk. You will never be able to compete with the buying power of the US population, unless you divert funding from F-35's and new stealth bombers entirely to ammo, and pork-addict DC political class won't let that happen to their districts.
                        NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Buster
                          Warrior
                          • Mar 2012

Originally posted by kmon View Post
                          See the article at the attached links.....now ATF is claiming it was a publishing error....and there is no planned ban.

http://www.atf.gov/sites/default/fil...hing_error.pdf
                          What we call that in Dixie is, someone sh!t their pants and trying to blame the smell on someone else...

Comment

• Variable
                            Chieftain
                            • Mar 2011

I hate to be a party pooper, and I hope I'm wrong, but if I understand the legaleze BS-----

The proposed ban is still proposed to take affect. I.E. they are still proposing to lift their "exemption" after the comment period. This part where they got caught removing the exemption from their book in advance just made them say it was an error to have already removed it.
                            Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                            We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• kmon
                              Chieftain
                              • Feb 2015

Thinking about it Variable you are probably correct.

Comment

• PigOPs
                                Bloodstained
                                • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Variable View Post
                                I hate to be a party pooper, and I hope I'm wrong, but if I understand the legaleze BS-----

The proposed ban is still proposed to take affect. I.E. they are still proposing to lift their "exemption" after the comment period. This part where they got caught removing the exemption from their book in advance just made them say it was an error to have already removed it.
                                That's exactly the way I read it.

Comment

Working...
                                X