• Show
Clear All
  • pds
    Warrior
    • Dec 2012

BATFE to ban common AR15 ammo.

• bwaites
    • Mar 2011

And it immediately disappeared from every site on the web!

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

Scalpers gotta scalp.

From the Administration, this is a 3-day weekend tactic, announce Friday right before the bureaucrats waddle home on our dime, with President's Day on Monday.

Tuesday will be busy for them. When they pulled this type of stunt with lead in fishing weights and ammunition, it went away really quick.

Eric Holder said his biggest failure has been not getting any "common sense" gun control legislation through. Fast & Furious didn't turn out the way they wanted, once US LEO's started getting killed with the same weapons ATF were using to seed their "iron river of guns" initiative.
      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• biodsl
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2011

You can read more, including the ATF excuse for the ban, on the Firearm Blog.
        Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• Variable
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by biodsl View Post
          You can read more, including the ATF excuse for the ban, on the Firearm Blog.
          http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...-15-ammo-m855/
          They got that wrong too. An M855 jacket does not constitute over 25% of the projectile's weight. It's more like 17%... DISREGARD. The Arfcom poster who gave the jacket weight information was intentionally lying. It was my major mistake to believe anything I even saw photos of in a scale weighing on Arf. The Derp runneth over...

We definitely can't let this crap slide. We need to contact our congress critters and "comment" on ATF's proposal at a minimum.

I'll be both writing and calling. I'm just waiting on an idealized template to be better finalized over on Arfcom.

The Emperor has no clothes, but since he's riding on PC immunity, he's swinging his codpiece right in our face. If we can't stop and reverse this tide, it'll be the end of us.

We've entered the most dangerous phase during these next two years, and we have to push back very hard. We're going to get steamrolled otherwise.
          Last edited by Variable; 02-26-2015, 05:37 AM. Reason: Spellin'
          Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
          We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• kmon
            Chieftain
            • Feb 2015

If you do not already know who represents you in congress and their contact information here is a handy website for that.

Just put your zip code in and search. You will get phone number, fax number and web contact information. My reps already have emails sent.

Comment

• usar_ds
              Bloodstained
              • Aug 2014

petition going around too

President Biden and Vice President Harris promised to move quickly to deliver results for working families. That’s what they’ve done.

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
                Warrior
                • Apr 2013

If at first you don't succeed (http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...rles-c-w-cooke), try, try again (http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepa...afety-n1957622).

Comment

• cory
                  Chieftain
                  • Jun 2012

Well I tried calling my Senators and Rep. I was only to get through to Jeff Session's office and they had not formed a stance on the BATFE's proposal as of yet. It is still a very new proposal, so that response is fair enough for now. I sent the following short and simple email to my Senators and Rep (Sessions, Shelby, and Brooks).

What is your plan of attack to combat the over reach of the federal government via the BATFE/ violation of the 2nd Amendment that is the BATFE's proposal to ban M855 ammunition?

Outside the fact that this is an over reach of federal power/ violation of the 2nd Amendment, I suspect that it is a precursor to an Executive Order from obama before he leaves office. This will demonstrate to him as to what he can get away with. It is of the utmost importance that a strong front is presented against the BATFE's proposal.

We must demonstrate the utmost resolve against any action to violates the liberties of the individual.
                  I'll call again next Monday. I won't stop until I get through and get a SITREP from each office on the Plan of Attack going forward to fight this proposal.

Assuming we're successful in pushing back on the BATFE's proposal I intend to push to continue the attack while the BATFE has been weakened. We should, as a group, push to have other projectiles removed from the banned list to include 7N6, Barnes, etc...
                  "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• BjornF16
                    Chieftain
                    • Jun 2011

LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
                    Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

• biodsl
                      Chieftain
                      • Aug 2011

The Military Arms Channel has a template and address if anyone is interested in contacting ATF. The template for our congressmen and senators would probably be more helpful.
                      Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
                        Warrior
                        • Oct 2012

Not hard to contact Congressional offices either.

Comment

• pds
                          Warrior
                          • Dec 2012

If this is done through executive action there is not much congress can do about it.

pds

Comment

• cory
                            Chieftain
                            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by pds View Post
                            If this is done through executive action there is not much congress can do about it.

pds
                            When the Executive branch exceeds the limits of its power, it is the duty of the house to withhold the purse.
                            "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• LRRPF52
                              Super Moderator
                              • Sep 2014

Bye bye ATF budget is what needs to happen. I don't see why it isn't talked about more. Move the arson and explosives investigation guys to the FBI, and deregulate the excessive and unnecessary oversight with the centrally controlled, Federal Firearms Licensing system.

The majority of people targeted and convicted by the ATF have been in the Senate's own words:

"Based upon these hearings it is apparent that ATF enforcement tactics made possible by current federal firearms laws are constitutionally, legally, and practically reprehensible."
                              Committee on the Judiciary, Subcommittee on the Constitution (February 1982)

They have always been a menace to a free society, and are an enemy to the principles on which the Nation was founded.

I called two of my Representatives today to complain about yet another extrajudical edict from the unelected, unaccountable dirtbags known as the BATFE, who are simply taking orders from Comrade Hussein's minions. Eric Holder has lamented that his biggest failure is not being able to pass any "sensible" gun control.
                              NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
                              X