X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tackdriver
    Warrior
    • Feb 2013

I kinda blows my mind that "the emperor" has enough brainwashed alphabet agents to enforce such policy. I don't even shoot 5.56 but I can see where this road is headed

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

ATF has burned down the homes of their own agents who became whistle-blowers, then threatened to video their families being raped before being murdered by cartel "informants".

No really. Just peruse CleanupATF.org, a site started by ATF agents who tried to blow the whistle on a systemic criminal culture within the ATF. There is nothing mind-blowing to me about their behavior, and they have been on the wrong side of just about every case they're involved in.
      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• rasp65
        Warrior
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Variable View Post
        I hate to be a party pooper, and I hope I'm wrong, but if I understand the legaleze BS-----

The proposed ban is still proposed to take affect. I.E. they are still proposing to lift their "exemption" after the comment period. This part where they got caught removing the exemption from their book in advance just made them say it was an error to have already removed it.
        They are hoping that we will take our eyes off the ball, while they slip it past us.

Comment

• bwaites
          • Mar 2011

ATF announces they will not ban M855/SS 109.

Comment

• Keep The Change
            Warrior
            • Mar 2013

YES!!
            That is great news. The argument for armor piercing was a very dangerous slope for us, considering any 5.56 round will go through the class armor that the beat police wear.
            I passed on to my Senators the FBI study that showed 4 police officers had been killed since 2004 by a 5.56 round. The type of round used was not defined but I think one was shot in the head and one was shot where the vest didn't provide coverage.

I believe it was all a ploy to show their power in classifying a round as armor piercing. Then it gave them the potential ability to ban all 5.56 ammo as armor piercing since it all is armor piercing.
            Good job guys getting on the horn to your politicians.

Comment

• Variable
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
              ATF announces they will not ban M855/SS 109.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...-ban-proposal/
              Beat me to it!

The part that worries me is "at this time"...... Great news, but they are probably rewriting their derp filled proposal as we speak. Hopefully not, but we need some actual law to prevent this crap. I agree with Paul about ATF even existing, but as a minimum we need a law passed taking away their power to do this.
              Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
              We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• BjornF16
                Chieftain
                • Jun 2011

Maybe they will back off the brass bullet ban...(I know, wishful thinking)
                LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
                Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

• Heywood
                  Warrior
                  • Aug 2013

Originally posted by tackdriver View Post
                  I kinda blows my mind that "the emperor" has enough brainwashed alphabet agents to enforce such policy. I don't even shoot 5.56 but I can see where this road is headed
                  Unfortunately, this is not just of his doing. Sure he wants it bad but, It has been going on for decades. Most of us learned very early that we had three branches of government all set up as a check on each other, so we dutifully watch them and are quick to jump on any major misstep. What we do not see is the 4th branch. The Administrative branch. There are hundreds of thousands of "laws" we are supposed to follow that are not ever looked at by the legislature nor executive, therefore are never scrutinized and often only adjudicated on local and individual levels. Most people do not have the will, money or time to fight this new branch of government (I have three times and won but no one knows about it) therefore we tolerate it until something becomes intolerable. Which is why they have the power in the first place.
                  quis posuit in mea ocreis bologna!

Comment

• Heywood
                    Warrior
                    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                    ATF has burned down the homes of their own agents who became whistle-blowers, then threatened to video their families being raped before being murdered by cartel "informants".

No really. Just peruse CleanupATF.org, a site started by ATF agents who tried to blow the whistle on a systemic criminal culture within the ATF. There is nothing mind-blowing to me about their behavior, and they have been on the wrong side of just about every case they're involved in.

It is sad and infuriating that so many have no idea of what they have done, and even more, the people whom know but are willing to forget or leave it alone. There is no excuse these days for ignorance or laziness.
                    quis posuit in mea ocreis bologna!

Comment

• mwilkins
                      Bloodstained
                      • Dec 2014

Once upon a time, I used to possess a LEUP. To those who don't know LEUP = Low Explosive User Permit. My hobby at the time was launching 200+ lb projectiles 20+ thousand feet up in the air. The motors to do this were made from APCP = Ammonium Perchlorate Composite Propellant or Solid Rocket Motors. Depending on the burn rate desired dictated what type of fuel you mixed in with the AP. These would normally be Aluminum, Magnesium, various Iron Oxides and several other energetic chemicals. Any way to get to the point, the ATF took it upon themselves to try and classify APCP as an explosive. Senator Enzi at the time stood on the side of the Hobbyist. Two rocketry organizations file suit against the ATF. Those two groups were the TRA - Tripoli Rocketry Association and NAR - National Association of Rocketry.

Just to show how stupid the ATF is and how far their heads are up their assess, the ATF tried to set burn rates for at which a rocket motor could burn but yet wanted to classify it as an explosive. It was proven that plain ordinary white bonding paper actually has a burn rate faster than APCP. Also for a compound that the ATF was trying to classify as an explosive, they never could answer why NASA continued to use solid rocket motors to launch men into space if the propellant by design was to explode. On another instance, the ATF tried to launch model rockets out of the back of a van in an attemp to show that the model rockets could be used to bring down an airplane. Well they proved themselves wrong again as all they accomplished was setting their van on fire in the process.

Needless to say, the ATF got beat in the courts. They could not classify APCP - solid rocket motors as explosives. So what did they do, they went after the igniters. To light most all APCP motors, it requires an electric match to do so. Although you can purchase the chemicals and manufacture an electric match on your own, the ATF just went about another way to make it more difficult for people to enjoy their hobby because of the mud on the ATF's face. If people are not carefull and pay attention to what the ATF is doing, they will just find another way to put their feet on the throats of law abiding gun owners.

For you viewing pleasure, here is a pic of the last projectile that I built. it was 12" in diameter, 20' tall and weighed in at over 230 lbs on the pad. Rocket, Motor and launch pad were all made by my hands in my garage. Took over a year to build and could achieve altitudes over 26K feet.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• rabiddawg
                        Chieftain
                        • Feb 2013

Sounds like you are saying the atf aint no rocket scientists.
                        Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• Variable
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by rabiddawg View Post
                          Sounds like you are saying the atf aint no rocket scientists.
                          That's pretty funny.

I remember when rwilkins posted those pics when he joined. Very cool stuff!

Speaking of ATF--- Here is a bill I could probably get behind! http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-actio...ld-abolish-atf
                          Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                          We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

Working...
                          X