Ammo! Lots of ammo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would any business that can easily sell everything it makes spend 1 dime or care 1 whit about customer service?

Comment

• Originally posted by hm2 clark View Post
      Why would any business that can easily sell everything it makes spend 1 dime or care 1 whit about customer service?
      We know that every business in this industry overwhelmed with new orders so part of our discomfort is not unique to Alexander Arms.

We also need to be careful about blanket characterisations with terms like 'customer service.' A big part of customer service is ensuring that items shipped are in good working order and that returned items are fixed or adjusted.

Do we have a feel for how much their express or implied warranty service has changed since November?
      Last edited by Guest; 03-27-2013, 02:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hm2 clark View Post
        Why would any business that can easily sell everything it makes spend 1 dime or care 1 whit about customer service?
        If they want a future when the madness stops they should. Again, the focus seems to be on the now, but they were far less than stellar in all my dealings with them before, and I'm not the exception. The only defense the Koolaid drinkers/Stockholm syndrome defenders have is that Bill is a great guy, created the Grendel, yada yada yada. Doesn't matter how much of a genius somebody is, if they don't treat customers right and keep pace with serving customers the future is questionable. Even in the new madness, small shops are doing everything they can to keep their customers informed and communicate about their orders. AA seems to think themselves exempt. The Grendel crowd is a small crowd, and if other shops start increase output of Grendels, it's even smaller for AA. Maybe they have a large military contract and don't care about everyday customers??

Comment

• I received am email from Alexander Arms and from UPS that my case of Grendel ammo has shipped. It took 2.5 months from date of order placed. I had already written it off and hand loaded what I needed from purchased components. Looks like Ill add the 200 rnds of Nosler to my "just in case" ammo storage.

Comment

• forkknifespoon

Does anyone have an idea of what ammo loadings might be available, sounds like Wolf and Hornady and anything 123gr scenar are very hard to get a hold of. Is there a specific bullet or weight of bullet that they load that is more available? Should I just order exactly what I want and wait?

Comment

• Birdog
              Bloodstained
              • Mar 2013

I talked to them a few days ago about an ammo order I placed on Feb 7th and they said the delivery times were running about 20 weeks.

Comment

• tallhorse89

They called me today to get cc info. Said order was ready to ship, 260 123gr scenars 260 100gr hpbt. Ordered jan 22.

Comment

• Redraider
                  Warrior
                  • May 2012

I placed an order for Hornsady ammo in mid-Jan., mags mid-Feb., have heard nothing except the "Don't Ask message", I wonder where my order stands? I certainly won't bother them with my question.................anyone have any helpfull info?

Redraider

Comment

• Hedge your bet. Click "Notify me."

Also, keep an eye here for "6.5 Variants."

Comment

• bwaites...next time you call AA for an update would you please asks about Grendel bolts?

I do have a pending order (ordered late December) for the "Hard Use" bolt. Thing is I ordered a Brux cut rifle barrel at about the same time and will need a bolt to head space it. Currently the barrel is scheduled for early May.

Thanks for your consideration.

Comment

• And while you are in the holy of holies checking on the ark of the covenant, please intercede on my behalf with the omnipotent one in regards to 25 round magazines. Make sure you prepare yourself appropriately before entering the realm of the most high so the he doesn't cast you out with the unworthy who cannot speak directly and ask them to take our money.

Comment

• Ventura Munitions has Hornady 123g in stock. Very high price $32.40 for 20rd. NOTE: I reached out to them and they adjusted the price to $23.40... It was a mis-type.
                          Ventura Munitions offers cheap bulk and specialty ammo online and in store in Las Vegas NV
                          Last edited by Guest; 03-28-2013, 10:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fillar View Post
                            Ventura Munitions has Hornady 123g in stock. Very high price $32.40 for 20rd.
                            http://www.venturamunitions.com/horn...mmo-20-rounds/
                            I normally order my Black Hills 9mm & 5.56 from Ventura. The more I see that they are selling a $21 Alexander Arms product for $34, the more I'll most likely not use them in the future unless Idesperateate.

Comment

• Keep The Change
                              Warrior
                              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Spurrious View Post
                              bwaites...next time you call AA for an update would you please asks about Grendel bolts?

I do have a pending order (ordered late December) for the "Hard Use" bolt. Thing is I ordered a Brux cut rifle barrel at about the same time and will need a bolt to head space it. Currently the barrel is scheduled for early May.

Thanks for your consideration.
                              Spurrious,
                              You are in the identical situation I'm in. I ordered a Brux last Thursday and order an AA bolt last week as well. Fingers crossed I get the bolt well ahead of Brux needing it.
                              JP

Comment

• Originally posted by Fillar View Post
                                Ventura Munitions has Hornady 123g in stock. Very high price $32.40 for 20rd.
                                http://www.venturamunitions.com/horn...mmo-20-rounds/
                                I pinged them that I was shocked at their prices. They replied it was a mistake, it really is $23.40 and is in stock. I purchased more than I should have; guess I'll be on the couch tonight...

Comment

Working...
                                X